Forums

Help › Forums

Anyone else find inconstancies in the game.

Fri, Sep 8 2017 12:52 PM (81 replies)
  • Ganther
    1 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 8:32 AM

I have been finding there are way too many inconstancies to this game here are some examples.  I had a head wind of 12mi with perfect shot come short about 10 yrds couple holes later a tail wind of 12mi perfect shot my ball lands shorter than the head wind shot.. 

I also had a 4mi a cross wind that moved the ball like a 15mi cross wind, next round I have a 12mi cross wind that barely moves the ball at all. (both shots where perfect).

Also if I miss the perfect area on the meter a little to the left or little to the right most cases ball barely goes off course pretty straight. Once in awhile (noticing it more so recently) same little bit off left or right the ball is moving off the fairway as if I really missed the perfect bar.

Anyone else noticing these inconstancies. To be fair I am using beginner clubs and I know there is a % variable but this seems beyond a small % variable. 

Then again it could be my crappy playing.

• SgtDoodles
    3,112 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 12:06 PM

Ganther:

Then again it could be my crappy playing.

No offence, but yep. The game also uses a system called VEM, which creates weird happenings like the deviations out on the real course. 

P.S. VEM stands for Virtual Equipment Model, and WGT deny using it despite many files of proof.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 12:55 PM

Sometimes the Fifth is just abused. And I don't mean a fifth of liquor.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 1:42 PM

It's the inconsistencies of Starter Clubs.

FWIW, WGT said VEM is not implemented in the game, you'd have to search for an old post  from WGTNiv, IIRC.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 2:18 PM

All my clubs appear to be consistant,any apparent V.E.M. I see is as a result of my miscalculations.:(

As they say, A bad workman always blames his tools first!

• SGTBilko
    1,686 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 2:24 PM

GoldCard:

All my clubs appear to be consistant,any apparent V.E.M. I see is as a result of my miscalculations.:(

As they say, A bad workman always blames his tools first!

VEM is real, the better you get the tougher it gets.It is designed that way.

• GoldCard
    298 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 3:07 PM

SGTBilko:

VEM is real, the better you get the tougher it gets.It is designed that way.

Thank you for this insight SGTBilko.

I'll just have to try harder to get better so V.E.M will get me then won't I?

Something to look forward to :)

• troyronaldson
    382 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 4:02 PM

maybe its just a way to try even tourneys e.g. ready gos etc to make it fairer for all. just keeps us coming back for more :)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 6:32 PM

MBaggese:
    FWIW, WGT said VEM is not implemented in the game, you'd have to search for an old post  from WGTNiv, IIRC.

Seems to me this has become a WGT Urban Legend.

Nowhere does WGT say specifically "We have not implemented the adapting virtual equipment model".  Instead they made vague statements like: "WGT does not change the performance of existing clubs based on the play of the individual using it."

There are still many variables they could change based on the play of the individual.  For example, the probability of the max deviation happening could be increased. Thus their vague statement holds, the club max deviation remained the same.  But the adapting is done perhaps by changing the probability of seeing a max deviation.

Here are links to the two statements WGT made regarding VEM:

WGTAdmin on VEM

MisterWGT on VEM

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Oct 7 2011 7:17 PM

Andy, if we can dig up Nivs comment, he specifially (I'm sure it was Niv) said something to the effect "you guys are over thinking this, what you see is deviation", then went on to explain about the circle of precision, etc....

Does that ring a bell? I'll search later and see if I can find it.

RSS