Forums

Help › Forums

Anyone else find inconstancies in the game.

Fri, Sep 8 2017 12:52 PM (81 replies)
    61 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:01 AM

Hey pipeman; I couldn't agree more. The more I play this game the more I hate it. The distance isn't right on a lot of holes The wind blows all the time 12 to 21 mph. that's not real golf. The wind does not blow like that every day and on every course, That doesn't make it more challenging, that makes it less fun..it's not only stupid, it's also very aggravating.I used to play several hours daily now I play sometimes once a day and some times not at all. These so-called engineers for  WGT don't have a clue. They started putting the pin at the foot of a bank or side-hill and think that ads a challenge? BS 

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:30 AM

DAZZA501:

If you want to get better at the game then buying clubs is the only way to do it. If you want to play the game for fun then don't buy them.

Yes there's sometimes strange things that happen but keep grinding away and the good rounds will become more frequent.

What makes the good players stand out from the rest is how they recover from the bad shots. Same as real golf. You've gotta bite the bullet when the bad things happen and get the composure back and work out the best way of saving par. Only then will the good rounds be produced.

I get frustrated at times but that's what makes me come back and try it all over again. At the end of the day this is the best golf game out there and always will be.

Dazza

+100000 LOL.

This is one of the best post on the subject and how I have felt about it forever. Seriously even in the real game crap happens. Its what you do with the crap that counts and the best on here know how to turn that crap shot into something.

Seriously should book mark this comment as the VEM/inconsistant thing comes up way to much and this is really how people should be looking at it.

Awsome post Dazza and 100% agree with your statement!

Mes.

• war4him
    51 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 11:57 AM

I like using the "Free" balls and I was wondering if thsre was a wayto get more consistant shots with a supersonic meter?

• DAZZA501
    5,972 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:04 PM

Mesmorizer:

DAZZA501:

If you want to get better at the game then buying clubs is the only way to do it. If you want to play the game for fun then don't buy them.

Yes there's sometimes strange things that happen but keep grinding away and the good rounds will become more frequent.

What makes the good players stand out from the rest is how they recover from the bad shots. Same as real golf. You've gotta bite the bullet when the bad things happen and get the composure back and work out the best way of saving par. Only then will the good rounds be produced.

I get frustrated at times but that's what makes me come back and try it all over again. At the end of the day this is the best golf game out there and always will be.

Dazza

+100000 LOL.

This is one of the best post on the subject and how I have felt about it forever. Seriously even in the real game crap happens. Its what you do with the crap that counts and the best on here know how to turn that crap shot into something.

Seriously should book mark this comment as the VEM/inconsistant thing comes up way to much and this is really how people should be looking at it.

Awsome post Dazza and 100% agree with your statement!

Mes.

Wow! Over 14 months ago i posted that. I still feel the same though and i'm still here grinding away and still enjoying the challenge. I like to think i've gotten a little better in that time too. Still not 1 of the best but i'm working on it.

• MadMP
    75 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:18 PM

Sounds about what I feel now. I know the game at my level is supposed to be a little tougher but I never know what the meter is going to be like,the wind is not consistent,backspin works when WGT wants it to which is usually to your disadvantage and shots just go where they will even if you ding the meter. I also used to play a lot but play  lot less now.

19368110:

Hey pipeman; I couldn't agree more. The more I play this game the more I hate it. The distance isn't right on a lot of holes The wind blows all the time 12 to 21 mph. that's not real golf. The wind does not blow like that every day and on every course, That doesn't make it more challenging, that makes it less fun..it's not only stupid, it's also very aggravating.I used to play several hours daily now I play sometimes once a day and some times not at all. These so-called engineers for  WGT don't have a clue. They started putting the pin at the foot of a bank or side-hill and think that ads a challenge? BS 

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:30 PM

MadMP:
    The more I play this game the more I hate it.

Sounds like a good excuse to quit!

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:52 PM

MBaggese:
    if we can dig up Nivs comment, he specifially (I'm sure it was Niv) said something to the effect "you guys are over thinking this, what you see is deviation", then went on to explain about the circle of precision

Confirmed Mike. I read that post from WGTniv. WGT removed all of WGTniv's forum posts. I doubt if that post can be found.

Edit: I found some of WGTniv's old posts, but not the one in question.

• Mesmorizer
    614 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 4:54 PM

DAZZA501:

Wow! Over 14 months ago i posted that. I still feel the same though and i'm still here grinding away and still enjoying the challenge. I like to think i've gotten a little better in that time too. Still not 1 of the best but i'm working on it.

LMAO...I never even relized the date, was an active thread on front page so looked read and loved your comment. Like I said so true and glad you still feel the same.

Mes.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 5:18 PM

I found it Mike.

Here's the link to the thread. Scroll down.

• garylewisgr
    415 Posts
    Thu, Feb 21 2013 6:49 PM

RSS