Forums

Help › Forums

Slicedpepper's Brother

Thu, May 9 2019 5:47 AM (152 replies)
  • WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 5:50 AM

Once again, we can't discuss due to our privacy policy. 

So let's speak in generalities. We never close accounts for no reason. We have obviously been wrong before (look around the forums, there's plenty of it). When this happens we admit we are wrong and the account is reopened. 

I wish we were able to discuss these types of issues with more details to defend our decisions, especially in cases where I know that it would all make sense. 

_CHAMPION 

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 5:56 AM

WGTChampion:
    That's automated. No one pushes a button on that. 

Every time I have been silenced, I have received the " let us know how we're doing" follow up survey.

It is an automated response to the community member in question. Nothing more. No malice involved on their part.

I respond kindly, that sometimes I disagree with their decision, however, according to guidelines, I went over the edge...

WGTChampion:
    We literally can not say to you or the community. It's against our privacy policy. 

I think people involved in this are thinking to linier on this subject.

I believe the "It's against our privacy policy" statement, has more to do with the general business platform of WGT's design, after the sale to Top Golf, than its having anything to do with personal information towards individuals...

They're not going to impart their business plan on an open platform, or closed, to anyone. I don't think they should either.

Circumstances abound in all situations. The clever way to absolve oneself, is to have a blanket policy, and use it evenly, across the board.

Then, no foul, no favorites...

I disagree with the one computer per household rule. All of you that believe the IP address is the tell all signature, are mistaken. My IP address is a server in a building 5 miles from my house.

All other locals near me are using the same ISP server. It is in their server, that defines who, where, you are, through the computer ID number of your distinct device, that is defined trough the service provider.

This has been an unfortunate event for all involved.

Casey's self imposed exile, matters very little, to a corporate business model. Not gonna change...

Some of you folks have made a significant amount of people's lives in here better, for your benevolence in gifting, or tutelage, to individuals whom you've never met. Why stop your core values over a caveat, that you have no control over?

Just some thoughts to even out the playing field on both sides......

Blame never fixed a thing in anyone's lives.

Living well is the best revenge against a tormenting event...

The sun will rise tomorrow, try feeling its warmth, and understanding its purpose is not directly geared towards the inhabitants of this planet. As much as we think it is solely there for our benefit, it is not.

We are receiving a gift, that goes unheralded, every day of our lives.

You can bless it for its significance in being supportive of all life, or you can curse it because somewhere, it's to damn hot...

Human nature is a beee-aatch

--------------------<*{{{{{-(

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 6:28 AM

When you are not able to speak of reason then so be it Champ.

Can't be easy.

Cheers.

• CEverett12
    14,177 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 6:46 AM

Without any information it's hard to say what happened or why ,  All I have to go on is what John has told me on the phone , I have read the emails .  So I know some of the details . 

I guess it's a "what if" situation 

"What if" Art never died ?  Could John and Art be the same person ?  I don't know .

"What if" he used Arts credit card to purchase credits ?

"What if" his email address is a different name ?

"What if" art had more than one account ? 

I have had many conversations on the phone with John , If he is lying to me then he is very good at it .  Offering to donate 100 dollars a month to the GOGF does not sound like a cheater to me . 

WGT has made their decision and there is nothing I can do about that .  I have always supported WGT and I wont bad mouth them .  I am disappointed and I don't understand or agree with their decision . But It is what it is .

Ceverett12 

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 1:02 PM

CEverett12:
    "What if" he used Arts credit card to purchase credits ?

Can't unless his wives name(or someones name) was on it, Funeral Homes in the States are required by law to call in the Social Security # of the deceased, all banks, credit card companies, etc. shut down those accounts and ss#'s upon notification.....

At least that is what I was told when my wife passed by a bank and credit card company....

• DoctorLarry
    4,276 Posts
    Sat, May 4 2019 3:17 PM

gonfission:

This has been an unfortunate event for all involved.

Casey's self imposed exile, matters very little, to a corporate business model. Not gonna change...

Some of you folks have made a significant amount of people's lives in here better, for your benevolence in gifting, or tutelage, to individuals whom you've never met. Why stop your core values over a caveat, that you have no control over?

Just some thoughts to even out the playing field on both sides......

Blame never fixed a thing in anyone's lives.

Living well is the best revenge against a tormenting event...

The sun will rise tomorrow, try feeling its warmth, and understanding its purpose is not directly geared towards the inhabitants of this planet. As much as we think it is solely there for our benefit, it is not.

We are receiving a gift, that goes unheralded, every day of our lives.

You can bless it for its significance in being supportive of all life, or you can curse it because somewhere, it's to damn hot...

++++++

I could not agree more.

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Sun, May 5 2019 1:26 PM

Interesting post............

Death..... is a difficult situation, often a catalyst for a wide array of emotions, both positive and negative.

Excluding this particular gentleman's death......  

We've been down this road numerous times with other people.   Several of these roads have lead to the same dead end.....     The "Deamonization of WGT"....               The..... "How dare you not bestow a posthumos  elevated player status"........      The..... "How dare you not create a memorial tournament for my recently departed friend".....     The "I'm boycotting the game until........"       You get the picture....

Including this gentleman's passing........

Why the same road folks??    Is making the left hand turn onto "Negative Street" .......just that natural to you?    Ever bother to even take a peek at what turning right may lead to? 

Evidently this fellow is/was , perhaps a founding and active  member of a foundation?    So.....   why shut it down?   Hell, that was the time for elevation........  honoring your friend with a "namesake".    Perhaps the "SlicedPepper Gift Of Golf"  (unsure of the name and spelling, too lazy to go back and look) ........ 

Do something to memorialize your friend.......  create a tournament, forum memorial, namesake for the foundation........   something, ANYTHING except what you've done.....

FFS....  You've deamonized WGT because they can't / won't deviate from their organizational privacy, security, and general policy to appease your narrative.....  NOR should they......   I would imagine WGT has already stretched their comments (regarding this situation) right up the edge by even acknowledging  this post considering this is a privacy concern between the associated parties.

Next....  I'm reading this:

"I guess it's a "what if" situation   "What if" Art never died ?  Could John and Art be the same person ?  I don't know .  "What if" he used Arts credit card to purchase credits ? "What if" his email address is a different name ? "What if" art had more than one account ? "

Wow.....   just wow!!    Question:   You ever consider any of this prior to launching the crusade?       What you've accomplished is basically,  going to your dead friends home,  kicking over his trash can and watching a few booze bottles, narcotic needles...etc...etc...etc... roll out onto the pavement........   and "what If'd" him...... even though the bottles could have been the neighbors and the needle for diabetes......        You've opened the door to (possible) "integrity" issues  with your friend........          Why even throw that undocumented, unknown, questionable crap out there?  In particularly regarding your friend.....             

Cut a dead man's throat?...........   Lasting Memorial.........?          Wow........

• gonfission
    2,230 Posts
    Mon, May 6 2019 3:08 AM

this, ^^^ is reminiscent of an Allman Bros song

"Sometimes I feel"

Image result for the whipping post Tales of woe, indeed...

Good to hear from you ole chum...... Chipper as ever, I see ;-)

----------------------<*{{{{{-(

• LuckySkreet
    611 Posts
    Mon, May 6 2019 8:22 AM

gonfission:

Good to hear from you ole chum...... Chipper as ever, I see ;-)

----------------------<*{{{{{-(

"Good to hear from you ole chum"...    Likewise my friend, would have been in touch earlier, but I'm still suffering from those pic's posted of you playing golf in your pajamas.....  : )

"Chipper as ever, I see ;-)"....        Always...   : )      I aim to please.....

---Danny

• wleiss
    6,272 Posts
    Tue, May 7 2019 6:16 AM

LuckySkreet:
    Cut a dead man's throat?...........   Lasting Memorial.........?          Wow....

Wow is right. In the interest of clarity, Casey was defending John,(Forart) not his late brother. In my opinion, in listing those various misdeeds, Casey was only saying what apparently a lot of people were already thinking (due to WGT's unsubstantiated and insinuating remarks.) And in the part of his post that you didn't quote in your post, he makes it clear that he doesn't think John did any of those things. So I guess you could say that rather than cutting a dead man's throat, Casey was responding to, and defending a dead man's brother from a cloud of doubt that had already been put upon him by WGT's unwillingness to say exactly what he did wrong. Thank you for that Casey. Your loyalty and willingness to see the good in people before the bad is to be commended.  You always take a positive route and never disparage people, even if they deserve it.

RSS