Forums

Help › Forums

Slicedpepper's Brother

Thu, May 9 2019 5:47 AM (152 replies)
  • DoctorLarry
    4,275 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 12:37 PM

Wow.

I am sorry for this whole debacle.  What a shame.

I was/am a big fan of the GoGF and will support it if you decide to resuscitate it, but I understand the reasoning you have.

Chin up, Casey - you did all you can do and more.

Thanks.

• drmoose
    3,531 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 1:36 PM

DoctorLarry:
    I am sorry for this whole debacle.

My thoughts exactly, right down to the word "debacle". This was mismanaged / ignored right from the get go. In my opinion, this ranks right up there as one of the biggest PR blunders by this site since we lost Andyson. One can only shake ones' head & wonder what in the hell were they thinking, or, if any thought at all was involved in the process.

@ WGT/ Topgolf

When you punish members whose only intention is the good of the community, what kind of message are you sending to your loyal base of players ?

Doc :(

• duda51
    1,007 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 2:17 PM

CEverett12:

Well John called me on the phone today , He is a really nice guy . Said that WGT sent him an email wanting to know what he thinks about CS , LOL .  He decided not to answer that email .  Yea they suspend his account and then want to know what he thinks about it , Wow.

He says he gives up , Not worth the trouble . If WGT does not want his business that's fine with him . Believe it or not he still wants to donate 100 dollars a month to the Gift Of Golf Foundation in his brothers name . ( as requested by Art )  

I told him that I am shutting the GOGF down , If I was not the owner of a CC I would probably stop playing myself . But I have a lot of people who depend on me so I guess I am stuck . I didn't send out 75 clash passes for the last event and I wont be sending any out  in the future .  

Art's widow Cathy is very disappointed in the situation . She knows how much he liked it here. John was trying to do as his brother requested and WGT shut his account down , He tried to answer all their questions and was willing to do whatever they ask . I guess they don't care or perhaps they don't want to work it out . 

I don't know what WGTs problem is ? They wont say .  Shame on them !  

I wont be doing much in the public forum from now on , Its probably best I mind my own business .  Thank you all who supported John , Art and myself . You guys are great . 

Ceverett12 - Casey 

Oh my God WGT what are you doing here. You should be ashamed of your selfs turning the other cheek on whats going on here.Can you not see what this means to so many people and most of all family. Please for the love of God sort this out right away and give back this part of there lives as requested,give back this beautiful game that we love and want to be a part of. WGT are we all family or just cash. I really do hope you think of us all as family.

• andwhy67
    2,816 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 2:40 PM

CEverett12:
    I told him that I am shutting the GOGF down

Thats a shame Casey it’s lead to that. I donated to the last two and was more than happy to do so, and was going to do again.

If you do resurrect the GOGF, I’d be more than happy to help, in the mean time…...

Best wishes.

• BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 2:51 PM

duda51:

WGT are we all family or just cash. I really do hope you think of us all as family.

WGT was conceived and is operated to make money - - not friends.

They think of us as cash.

The ownership can't pay their overhead and make a profit with "family."

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 3:34 PM

BogeyOne:

duda51:

WGT are we all family or just cash. I really do hope you think of us all as family.

This is true ^^^ but it cost them their beloved cash in the end as the GOGF was spending a fortune in the pro shop. Because of wgt's "can't do" approach, the fund has now been shut down.

• opyeuclid
    6,704 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 4:09 PM

Reformed my AZZ  ,, 

You WGT " F " up  this one . This little group of forum readers might not be the big $ maker here in the in the big Pic ,  But to watch how someone and some of us who love this game for the Friend ship we found ,  To see see the brother of a player lost and wanted to pay it forward , That 100 a month might not sound like much but what about the others that joined in when the Gifting started , 

To be EDITED 

• BogeyOne
    1,961 Posts
    Tue, Apr 30 2019 5:16 PM

ct690911:

BogeyOne:

duda51:

This is true ^^^ but it cost them their beloved cash in the end as the GOGF was spending a fortune in the pro shop. Because of wgt's "can't do" approach, the fund has now been shut down.

Don't get me wrong. Just like everyone else with a heart and compassion, I agree that this was a horrible mistake on WGT's part. Unfortunately, all our outcries seem powerless to affect their greedy little hands.

• craigswan
    30,834 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 3:53 AM

Shame on them .

• HackWilson1930
    1,437 Posts
    Wed, May 1 2019 4:51 AM

For WGT the issue is precedent. They have no way to deal with the claims of two or more people who share the same computer/ip address but have separate WGT accounts. The dilemma is how to investigate and who to trust. They apparently have no protocol for this issue and customer service is doing things on the fly. There might be several people with differing mind sets on what to do and they are at odds.

Their fall back position is to ignore and hope it goes away.

RSS