Forums

Help › Forums

Anybody else having issues

Thu, Aug 30 2018 10:42 PM (218 replies)
  • mscapache
    454 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 12:51 PM

All the same above issues, I have a older Adobe Flash version installed. Issue I have seen is, there is no roll back on greens, when you go above the hole expecting it to come back, only to stick, with when hitting above the hole with a 12 inch downhill lie.

• TopShelf2010
    10,881 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 1:13 PM

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 1:16 PM

Coincidence? 

VooDoo time? 

To check whether all of flash was affected, I turned on flag animation and played a round. Weird. The ball movement on the green was very nearly normal as remembered. Only the slightest stutter, virtually unnoticeable. 

Anyway, the flag movement was not stuttery at all, so it seems it's just the ball movement overlay. 

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 1:26 PM

Anyone using Chrome (or a Chromium browser) that's newer than 50.0.2661.75 (last version of Chrome that still allowed NPAPI flash player) can't do anything about the latest update because all Chromium based browsers newer than the one mentioned above have their own pepperflash (PPAPI) installed and it updates automatically (version 50.0.2661.75 was the last to support flash. It's best to also go to chrome:plugins and disable the PPAPI version and leave the NPAPI enabled.

To check your version, click on the gear icon (may be the hamburger icon now, don't know) and scroll down to "about chrome" (mine is about slimjet) and it'll tell you what version you're using. The latest version of Chrome is 67-something, I believe. 

They would need to need to try a different browser or uninstall Chrome and reinstall an older version. Then, uninstall flash, reboot, and download the zip file for the older flash version. Open the zip file, scroll down, and click on the first thing that says "windows installer package". The zip file is large (422 mb) but once you have flash re-installed, you can delete the zip file. 

If you're using Firefox browser, you'll need to do the uninstall and re-install from the zip files found in Champion's link. 

Just open the flash box in the game client, or play now button and click on "updates" to see if your flash is version 30. If it is, that's the problem.

filehippo.com has older versions of browsers and is a safe site.

Or, try Maxthon. Don't know anything about the browser, so you'll have to follow someone else's advice on that one.

• duffputt
    314 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 1:49 PM

For me Maxthon is perfect. Chrome, which I normally use, still stutters

• bubbsboy
    6,879 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 2:06 PM

Personally i feel this issue arose a few weeks ago. I had some very strange happenings in an alt shot game and it was around the time the flags went missing after a "mobile only" downtime. No issues at all around that time with single play, just alt. A few in our club said the same around that time.

Did something go wrong and the attempt to fix has had a knock on affect ?

Folks in club playing our comps have had enough, some wont play them and some will just suffer.......shame really.

• Yiannis1970
    3,270 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 2:06 PM

Haven't upadated flash or touched anything from last night. Meter is smooth as always. Game plays like if it is10-15 frames per second.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 2:19 PM

fireman33:

Ball flashing. Ball shuddering while rolling. Hit line freeze stay for about 20 seconds before it hits the ball. Game is just not smooth. A little white line at the bottom telling me it can not get a secure connection. What is going on?????????

I would write wgt an e-mail but they would just tell me to clear every thing, which I have all ready done and it did not help...... 

Same issues.

• MartyFlanagan
    2,488 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 2:23 PM

I don't have any ball issues but the game seems slow and my meter is very jumpy on Maxthon, Edge works but still not what im used too, ive not had a meter issue or anything else in years, very strange day on WGT, hopefully its better tomorrow

• KILLER52
    749 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 2:39 PM

Pralaya, Massomoneg, JMH1 & I played yesterday and agreed.  Not the usual 'smoothness'.  

Sticky, choppy, slow-ish.  Not a huge diff but it's there.  Someone hit the wrong button somewhere.

:(

RSS