Forums

Help › Forums

Anybody else having issues

Thu, Aug 30 2018 10:42 PM (218 replies)
  • Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 10:45 AM
    Downloaded Maxthon 4.0.3.3000 and suddenly all works fine, had issues like this on my maincomputer earlier where browsers stopped working with WGT and had to switch PC. When this latest stutterfest started i thought "Oh here we go again", the download of this old Maxthon-version seems to have solved the problems. Bjorn
  • signal3
    12 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 10:59 AM

I've had trouble with this on single games and two different servers. Kind of annoying.

• TopShelf2010
    10,880 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 11:19 AM

• borntobesting
    9,623 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 11:38 AM

TopShelf2010:

Bowl64:
    Downloaded Maxthon 4.0.3.3000 and suddenly all works fine

I just tried the same.

Earlier it was mentioned that Maxthon updated to Flash 30 somethingish recently. I thought I had my auto update removed. I uninstalled Maxthon and reinstalled an earlier version and everything went back to normal.

However, while gameplay is fantastic, I am getting the "taglines" in the bottom left hand side of the screen that show the URL's that Maxthon is trying to access. Never had those before.

Oh the jpys of jumping through hoops to play this silly game.

Don

Jayw4862 posted this another thread

Possiblility that those affected either updated Flash or it updated on them. 

Version 30.0.0.113 was the culprit for my problems. 

Version 29.0.0.171 is good to go...for me, anyway.

I use the older version of Slimjet only so I can play this game using NPAPI and not PPAPI (pepperflash). 

I have had no problems and except for the Comodo Ice Dragon update. And I am still on 29.0.0.171. Not jumping through hoops just knowing what all your software is and noticing when a change happens that causes a problem. 

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 11:56 AM

The thing that caused a problem with the 4.0.3.3000 was the paragraphing. On Google Chrome now testing that one again, still choppy ballflight and roll but not as bad as yesterday.

Let`s see if paragraphing works on Google.

Bjorn

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 11:57 AM

It did lol!

Bjorn

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 12:09 PM

Judging by the timing of when this started happening, it seems like it's caused by the newest flash update. 

While the dev team investigates further, I found this link to help players revert to an earlier version of flash.

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/install-previous-version-flash-player.html

_CHAMPION 

• mrksmk
    9 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 12:17 PM

Using Chrome (as I have been), I'm not sure I can revert to an earlier version of Flash as the latest version of Chrome is using Version 30 so somehow I'd have to go back to an earlier version of Chrome I guess (too much trouble).  I hope that WGT can figure it out.  I do wonder what Bjorn meant in an earlier post by saying that "paragraphing" seemed to fix the problem?!  We just all know that if something goes funky with Flash then we have game issues which we all hate!   MRK

• JimbeauC
    5,835 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 12:39 PM

WGTChampion:
    revert to an earlier version of flash.

Suppose it couldn't hurt, but I've not updated flash in months, after finally getting one without freeze problems. 

It seems a bit better today - hardly noticeable on drives or long approaches. On or near the green is where it's the worst. 

----------

I just watched a couple of putts from the best putts thread. I tried to find one with a behind the hole camera. No luck, but from front view no stutter, so it seems to be an in game only issue, not flash.

• Bowl64
    3,085 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 12:41 PM

mrksmk:

Using Chrome (as I have been), I'm not sure I can revert to an earlier version of Flash as the latest version of Chrome is using Version 30 so somehow I'd have to go back to an earlier version of Chrome I guess (too much trouble).  I hope that WGT can figure it out.  I do wonder what Bjorn meant in an earlier post by saying that "paragraphing" seemed to fix the problem?!  We just all know that if something goes funky with Flash then we have game issues which we all hate!   MRK

Paragraphing doesn`t seem to work when i`m using the old Maxthon browser, it does however work with Google Chrome.

The game however works much better with the old Maxthon browser, just gotta figure out the adblocking which is weak with the Maxthon.

Bjorn

RSS