Forums

Help › Forums

Anybody else having issues

Thu, Aug 30 2018 10:42 PM (218 replies)
  • dacrash
    465 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 6:39 PM

fireman33:
    I did see a little white line at the bottom that said could not get a secure connection

This happens to me also, I found that it happens when I click to play the next hole before the ad on the scorecard finishes loading.  If I wait for the ad to load, no line.

I still get the ball jerking across the green.  very annoying, but good to know its not my equipment acting up.

dacrash/don

• fireman33
    2,692 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 6:55 PM

I am not a computer person just know how to do what I need to do to play. Some of our players in the club are versed in computer. They have been reading and investigating the issues. The flash player was up dated to take care of some kind of virus that had got in the flash. The update was to keep this virus away from us and thus is causing the problems we are all seeing. The new updated flash has some issues that will be found and the game will get back to normal.

I am just glad that I am not the only one having issues. Not wishing anything bad on anyone just glad I am not alone.

Have fun good luck hit em straight

• DonaldKey8798
    6,714 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2018 8:36 PM

WINDOWS 10

It was the last flash update KB4287903 on the 7th of this month.

1 -Go to settings (the sprocket looking thingy)

2- Click on "update and security" on bottom left

3- Click on "view update history"

4 - Click on  "uninstall updates"

5- RIGHT CLICK on the flash update from 6/7/18 KB4287903 and an "uninstall" tab will appear--click that and it will uninstall the culprit.

6- Your PC will to you that you must restart,  and all should be ok with wgt :)……………..

• Robbo81303
    413 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 12:55 AM

Wow!  Best laugh I've had in a long time!

I've been dealing with everything alleged in this thread for 3 or 4 YEARS now!

Excepting the meter and green grids, which are smooth at least 90% of the time, the presentation on my pc has been varying grades of choppy since the 'red screen' period several years ago.  I always attributed it to either laziness or incompetence on WGT's part.  Changing browsers never affected anything; cache clears helped somewhat but never to the point where anyone would use the term 'smooth' to describe the presentation.  I haven't needed to play the game on any other pc recently so I had no idea I was apparently in rare regard here.

For what its worth, the presentation's actually a bit less choppy than normal here at the moment.  Go figure.

Ah well, welcome to my world everyone.  Enjoy!

• stevietwotimes
    1,327 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 1:39 AM

its definitely a Flash issue

i uninstalled flash 30.0.0.113 and rolled back to(Released 05/08/2018) Flash Player 29.0.0.171 (422 MB) 

its running as smooth as babies bum now :)

• gerryniswonger
    1,890 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 2:13 AM

Same here!  Wgt has has changed something and your not getting as many frames per second from them so it does seem like any 'video' in the game is jumping.

• Sulks007
    640 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 2:26 AM

Same for me.I'm on PC.

• TopShelf2010
    10,882 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 4:17 AM

• Bowl64
    3,089 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 4:35 AM

TopShelf2010:

duffputt:
    For me Maxthon is perfect

If you don't mind, which version of Maxthon and Flash were you using?

I went back to an earlier version, too far back ( when they were using Ad Hunter ) LOL

I am trying to back to Max4 but with so many to choose from, I'm not sure which one os the best.

Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated

Don

That`s what i did too :) Oddly what was affected negatively was the paragraphing when writing here f inst. And the "adblocking" which wasn`t very effective, tried the newest Maxthon with horrible result.

Bjorn

• ScottHope
    10,152 Posts
    Sat, Jun 9 2018 5:20 AM
     TopShelf2010 :
    I am trying to back to Max4 but with so many to choose from, I'm not sure which one os the best. Any thoughts/opinions would be greatly appreciated. Don

When it comes to which one to choose Don, I personally wouldn't worry about any digits in the version number other than the first one...

Maxthon v3.5.2.1000

...so for example, if you wanted Maxthon v3, go for the last version before it goes up to version v4, or if you want v4, go for the last version before it goes up to v5.

One thing to be aware of about using old browser versions is, they might update themselves. Maxthon has an update file which can be disabled to stop it doing that. See here.

RSS