Forums

Help › Forums

The hottest thread is gone!

Tue, Jun 27 2017 12:37 PM (98 replies)
  • MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 6:10 PM

kavvz:
    Sometime, somewhere someone will come along and have a round or just get better.

True, but you're missing the point.

Overnight success is a tip off.

kavvz:
    To look at one's stats alone

Is a pretty good indication that within an extremely short period of time, putting improves by 33% as does everything else.

I used to be able to spot this stuff sometime ago,when there were  6-8 RG's I played daily, but since WGT has listened to "the masses"-I guess- and now only puts up one 9 hole 100cr RG in the rotation-and not  even one this rotation-, I don't follow the leader boards like I used to, but there are a few in this thread that still play the RG's, still follow the leader boards and can see "over night" success stories.

I could name some names from a year-plus or so back, names that us RG junkies talked about amongst ourselves...oddly enough those players are not here anymore.

Imagine that.

As U-(and so many letters)-stated, WGT will eventually catch on, ban the players in question.

Ever noticed  how when a scoring phenom at TL or Champ level is gone, a new up and coming TP starts shooting 6-8 under over 9 holes, while just picking up their sticks after a loooooong layoff?

IMO, there's two ...well   maybe three, types of players here.

Golfers who keep trying to get better here, just like when they hit the course.

Gamers who have to win at any cost

And gamers who are just that  good to succeed.

The deal is though, any real Golfer plays with integrity, any real golfer who would use questionable means to achieve a score, is the same type that uses a pencil with an eraser when out playing IRL....they also quite often say "put me down for a....."

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 6:16 PM

kavvz:
    So, basically what you're saying is that if I were to shoot a low score in the VUSO and qualify or perhaps give a high stakes RG a go and post yet another low score that means I must be cheating?  

But, you're basically telling everyone on these forums that anyone who's stats are how you describe and who has posted a score you don't agree with must be cheating.

No, what he seems to be referring to is someone with those stats who consistently does well in the higher stakes ready RGs (i.e. top 5 in 4 recent tournaments).

If I'm understanding duffputt correctly, he's not talking about someone who just happened to have the a single really good round out of the blue. He's talking about someone that had 4 excellent rounds (i.e. mid 50s) when the stakes were higher. And, as an aside, I think he meant to type 1.55 for the putting statistic.

Finally, I don't know duffputt that well. But from what I do know about him, he doesn't make thoughtless or capricious claims. To me, he seems like one of the really good guys on here. In other words, you might want to consider that he does know what he's talking about.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 7:15 PM

duffputt:
    a new beth has ended. So far 3, maybe 4, cheats is inside top 15

Only a matter of time.

I remember a few German players defending the accused German cheats, just as a few Canadian players are now seemingly (or unknowingly) defending the 3-4 Canadians I'm pretty sure duff is referring to (if not, my apologies...but I am referring to them..they're not legit). 

1st thing I would check if I were the head-checker-of-questionables is "are their credits staying home (only going for equipment/balls, or are they being distributed thru match play games, gifting, heavily sponsored CC tourneys, etc) ? 

Just from the ones I know of personally, the black market for credits is a huge incentive for multiple accounts (not to mention the added names in the hat for the VUSO trip). 

Over $50,000 (US) per month is stolen from TG by players selling credits (and I'm only speaking of the one's I know sell them, which is probably a minute percentage). That sentence should be enough to get this thread taken down since the WGT folks damn sure don't want the TG folks seeing how lax they are in the $$ department. 

Only 2 reasons why those in question are still around:

1. That SS thing takes a while to figure things out (by the way...if all it checks is ding %...throw it away..it's worthless)

2. The person(s) in charge of finding and removing the blatantly obvious multi's are just plain stupid.

I'm heavily leaning towards No. 2

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 7:36 PM

If I recall Jay, you actually asked an overseas player to play a round with you or stream a match, and open up his/her task manager, I don't remember the details...and "poof" they were gone.

Jay know's what it takes to have proof, I wonder if the "accused" are willing to provide it?

• Robert1893
    7,666 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 7:46 PM

jayw4862:
    The person(s) in charge of finding and removing the blatantly obvious multi's are just plain stupid.

One should never underestimate the explanatory power of stupidity It tends to explain a lot. :-)

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 7:51 PM

MBaggese:

If I recall Jay, you actually asked an overseas player to play a round with you or stream a match, and open up his/her task manager, I don't remember the details...and "poof" they were gone.

Jay know's what it takes to have proof, I wonder if the "accused" are willing to provide it?

Hey Mike..long time.

Sh!t no they won't provide it...lol. Even the "reincarnated overseas player just wrote he's not streaming/recording any more rounds, which means " here come the 49's and 50's")

I think the one's being called out by duff (if not, I'm calling them out) are the Canadians that only hit the highest credit RG's and just showed up several months back (had dormant accounts for a while). 150 RR's and killing BP High Wind Stimp 14 RG's and the Oly HW RG..and any other 500 or 1000 credit RG.

Robert1893:

One should never underestimate the explanatory power of stupidity It tends to explain a lot. :-)

LOL...thanks a lot Robert...I read that about 10 times, and I think I got stupider each time trying to decipher what it means. 

EDIT* Probably need to mention that the mentioned Canadian players may not be in Canada, due to VPN's. So, this isn't an affront to Canada (although you people did send Justin Boober down here!!!). I can only go by the flag on their accounts. 

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 8:24 PM

jayw4862:
    I think the one's being called out by duff (if not, I'm calling them out) are the Canadians that only hit the highest credit RG's and just showed up several months back (had dormant accounts for a while). 150 RR's and killing BP High Wind Stimp 14 RG's and the Oly HW RG..and any other 500 or 1000 credit RG.

Yep...I referred to that earlier...and when they're gone, Son of a Gun, if a dormant low level tier player will come along and start cleaning up.

The block may not be round, but we can still navigate around it;)

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 8:56 PM

MBaggese:
    Unfortunately this doesn't prevent a damn thing. I talked to JimBog about this some months back too (when the fuss over 70% came up).

Anyone who's familiar with Runescape (people running bots and gaming 24/7) and even many RTS games knows all you have to do is run a SetWindowsHookEx with a CBT hook in AHK with the appropriate code and .dll and you can hide any and all window processes in the TM, to include but not limited to the system tray (or anything else you choose).

Basically you can run 25 hacks while simultaneously live streaming and nothing would show up.  You'd look perfectly legit.  You don't need to understand any of it either.  Simple search along with few d/l's and copy/paste.  Same thing can be done using Kernels in Command Prompt by changing the Registry (although you'd probably need to be an actual programmer to do this).

Any and all mouse/keyboards purchased after 2015 can auto ding at will.  Then there's stuff like macro recorders, mice recorders, AHK, CE, not to mention the actual Cheat programs people make dedicated only for Wgt.

Best bet imo is to send WGT names and let them investigate.  So yeah, WGT has the right to ban anyone they want, even if it seems arbitrary.  I'd wager some people banned may very well have been 100% legit but.....................  They're fighting an uphill battle (Wgt is).

And there are multiple accounts from people who said they have heard other people say they are in possession of the program which the 2 Germans got banned for using (7i 400y 1y next to pin etc).  So yeah, contact WGT.

I'm actually going to be switching games over to the other game coming out on the 27.  It's all tempo based with no 3 click therefore it will weed out a lot of the things people are exploiting here.

Cheers.  Sean.

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 9:11 PM

No doubt Mr. Duff knows more about this game than do I.  Cripes, all of ya'll do but that's not what got me to enter the thread.  It's the thought that if your stats are this and that, or you're not in the "club", you must cheat.  

Now, in looking at these fellow country-persons of mine 2 of them don't fit the bill:  i.e.

Shoot in mid 50's with:  - check

9-10 feet average distance to pin - check

while

player chip and putts like a piece of sh.. (60% scrambling, 1,45 putting) - not check

2 of them I see have excellent scrambling and putting stats and in fact are right up there with Duff and you Jayw.  So which is it?  Good scores and approach + crap scrambling and putting -or- Good at all 3 now?  

What makes them less legit than others who have similar stats?  Their level?

Well, I guess I better stop trying to learn this game and get better, because when that time comes ya'll will just think I cheat.  Good to know.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 9:23 PM

kavvz:
    Well, I guess I better stop trying to learn this game and get better, because when that time comes ya'll will just think I cheat.  Good to know.

You already have stats better than a guy that shot 52 in the qualifier.  Since you seem to put so much stock in those stats, maybe you could explain that? A lucky round? 16 birdies and 2 eagles? Ya, ooookay.

LMFAO. Bongs away.  :-D

RSS