Help › Forums

The hottest thread is gone!

Tue, Jun 27 2017 12:37 PM (98 replies)
  • kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 9:41 PM

YankeeJim:

kavvz:
    Well, I guess I better stop trying to learn this game and get better, because when that time comes ya'll will just think I cheat.  Good to know.

You already have stats better than a guy that shot 52 in the qualifier.  Since you seem to put so much stock in those stats, maybe you could explain that? A lucky round? 16 birdies and 2 eagles? Ya, ooookay.

LMFAO. Bongs away.  :-D

I'm not the one putting stock in / blatantly coming up with numbers that = cheats.

You don't think it's possible for someone to just "have a round" as it were?  Not ever?   

I shot 58 today, could have easily been 54 if things had gone just a bit better.  Would you have thought I cheated to do that? 

I've also holed out on multiple holes at Erin -- couldn't possibly happen in the same round after eagling 1 as well?

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 9:45 PM

kavvz:

What makes them less legit than others who have similar stats?  Their level?

Well, I guess I better stop trying to learn this game and get better, because when that time comes ya'll will just think I cheat.  Good to know.

I mentioned it earlier, maybe you missed it?

So I'll write it out (PS this is a formula)

So you play along, plod along and reach Champion/TL tier...you keep playing and complaining about the game as you occasionally break 60/30.

Then one day you wake up, and Son of a Gun...."Eureka"..."Watson".....you can all of a sudden shoot mid 50's!....man, after all these years, that was all that needed to be done?

I shoulda has a V8...-smack-

Ya catching on yet?

Ya see, those that get a taste of anything not on the up and up, just can't stop...be it drugs, or whatever...if if satisfied them right now, immediately, they don't have the control to  just taper into it,...they gotta use/do it now...and the next time, so that's when we see the overnight phenoms appear.  They have no self control, they can't back off in a RG they've been shooting 61's in, they have to post that 54....they have to do it again...they become oblivious.

Remember when I mentioned "formula" before?

Well if they had more self control, they would mix in some "real rounds", and take there time dropping there stroke average...but no...they can't wait a year or two to ease into the top...they have to have it now...so eff'em.

If you can't play this game (of golf) with integrity in real life or here on WGT, you're POS, plain and simple.

That's what upsets us real golfers and the real (honest) gamers, who don't look for "loopholes" to exploit.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 10:36 PM

11BC2:
    I'm actually going to be switching games over to the other game coming out on the 27

Already got mine, too.

And, you're right that showing TM or desktop or anything will not prove/show anything that's going on. Technology is over-the-top and way, way, way ahead of this simple flash game.

And that thing you mentioned about altering yardage (changed the memory or something)..I actually saw the video. BPB #1...tee shot w/ 5 iron inside 5ft of the hole..from the tee.

I saw a crazy complaint to the BBB on WGT yesterday about them banning someone for a "denial of service attack traced to his IP". I guess they found out they were wrong, because they reinstated the account, but blocked his IP, lol. This seems pretty technical to me and makes me wonder if they can detect (even wrongly) a denial of service attack (whatever that is), how can they not detect any or all programs that alter any part of this game?

here's a snippet of the response and reply:

The players account was closed due to a denial of service attack traced to his IP. After further investigation and talking to the player we determined that his account would be reopened. His account was reopened and the player is able to play... the game again. Initial Consumer Rebuttal /* (3000, 8, 2015/05/07) */ (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.) My home IP address is still blocked to their server. I can only access my account via a different IP address. and I don't know what "denial of service attack" is or means. yes my account has been reinstated. but I can't access it from my home as of yet. I am still emailing them via there trail. You can close the case. Worse case scenario I will use a proxy or something as long as it does not breech there "terms of use". That's all I can do TY Final Business Response /* (4000, 10, 2015/05/19) */ Due to the nature of the issue and the possibility of a hacker trying to get into our system from the IP Address, the IP has to remain blocked. Final Consumer Response /* (4200, 12, 2015/05/20) */ (The consumer indicated he/she DID NOT accept the response from the business.) I am not a hacker I hardly understand basic windows operations. I am a full time janitor, and part time "Google lover" and if not for basic spell checking no one would even be reading these words. I would still like to know what "nature of the issue" is or means. I can however play via proxy and am very happy to at least be able to do so. I am not a threat to any company or person. April is over with so this certainly isn't a April Fools joke. I want to be treated fair and as a valued customer. This game as gone on to long. Please cut the strings off of me I'm a human being and not a puppet. Ty 

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 11:12 PM

+1

MBaggese:

If you can't play this game (of golf) with integrity in real life or here on WGT, you're POS, plain and simple.

That's what upsets us real golfers and the real (honest) gamers, who don't look for "loopholes" to exploit.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 11:12 PM

DOS(denial of service) attacks means someone has a bot on someones PC and is using that computer to remotely direct a DOS attack on WGT most likely trying to shut it down, by flooding them with packets using hundreds of other unsuspecting individuals PC's they also control with bots...

Most of the time the individuals don't even know they are bot'ed...however with todays security software I would think that would be unlikely to happen assuming your not online naked "so to speak"...

This was done to one the webs foremost security experts(Steve Gibson I believe) by a 13yr old kid about 10 tears ago....

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 11:34 PM

jayw4862:
    And that thing you mentioned about altering yardage (changed the memory or something)..I actually saw the video. BPB #1...tee shot w/ 5 iron inside 5ft of the hole..from the tee.

Brandon talked about that a few years ago, also mentioned how it was done.

Never knew what to really think about him, he was tied into James, James left after some posted stuff...Brandon left, but came back...James never did (to my knowledge) and who know's about Brandon?

Players names left out on purpose.

Thing I will say about Brandon, he'd help anyone out on playing he game, even posted many vid's of his...so who knows....

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Sun, Jun 25 2017 11:36 PM

jayw4862:
    This seems pretty technical to me and makes me wonder if they can detect (even wrongly) a denial of service attack (whatever that is), how can they not detect any or all programs that alter any part of this game?
    +1 to what FatDan said.

But to add a bit further, Wgt being flash based doesn't have programs like Warden (RTS anti-hack) or things like Punkbuster and fairfight (BF4 and other FPS).  In order to get a real good idea what's going on with our computer while playing they'd have to have some form of mandatory software, and even then, like my previous post stated, there are ways to bybass even those.

I'd venture that the 2 players which got banned with that crazy program probably re-edited and tweaked it, in such a fashion that they send back information to Wgt as they see fit.  Basically telling Wgt that everything is fine when in fact everything is being bypassed and game code being bent to the programmers will.

As far as the guy banned, all he has to do is use a VPN, disable WRTC (which shows your IP), and use a dedicated proxy for flash too.  In other words, using a VPN hides part of your IP (but not all areas your IP shows up), it doesn't hide WRTC or Flash players IP.  Flash will always show your true IP unless you not only use a proxy but also change around 8 different flash folder locations to correspond with the proxy. 

Maybe I'll see you on course Tuesday!  I've already pre-order'd too and will have my Gold Driver!!! Muahahahahahaha.

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 12:02 AM

MBaggese:

Never knew what to really think about him, he was tied into James, James left after some posted stuff...Brandon left, but came back...James never did (to my knowledge) and who know's about Brandon?

Thing I will say about Brandon, he'd help anyone out on playing he game, even posted many vid's of his...so who knows....

LOL He still pops in here and there...

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 1:45 AM

To Sean and Dan,

Out of curiosity, what platform are you guys planning to use?

Jeff

• Robert1893
    7,679 Posts
    Mon, Jun 26 2017 6:05 AM

kavvz:

No doubt Mr. Duff knows more about this game than do I.  Cripes, all of ya'll do but that's not what got me to enter the thread.  It's the thought that if your stats are this and that, or you're not in the "club", you must cheat.  

Now, in looking at these fellow country-persons of mine 2 of them don't fit the bill:

But it does seem to fit the person I was thinking about, who is not listed as being in Canada (and again, the putting is 1.55 for the player I'm looking at). While maybe the person is legit, it seems really odd to me that someone shoots in the low to mid 60s as a Tour Master and then tiers up to Legend and immediately starts shooting in the mid 50s.

The bottom line is that this is like an ACT question: which item doesn't belong: 55, 55, 55, 56, and 1.55 putts/hole.

Yes, it's possible that someone could get that good overnight. No, it's not likely that someone does it without externalities at work (IMO). Or to put it more bluntly: how many scores of 55 have you had in the last 3 weeks?

RSS