Forums

Help › Forums

The hottest thread is gone!

Tue, Jun 27 2017 12:37 PM (98 replies)
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 12:06 AM

What happened to the thread "no wonder players are leaving"??

I've been enjoying reading it lately and now it's gone just like that overnight!

What was wrong with it?! Did it expose too much of WGT's embarrassing facts that the company hasn't got the cheating under control? :-/

Come on, WGT! Don't regulate the freedom of expression, but the cheaters!

• alanti
    10,564 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 12:33 AM

SimonTheBeetle:
    What was wrong with it?! Did it expose too much of WGT's embarrassing facts that the company hasn't got the cheating under control? :-/

Those were my thoughts, and to my knowledge, there was no "outing" or naming players and nothing that broke the terms and conditions for posting.

I can understand and agree we cannot "out" or name players and agree.....kangaroo courts do not work.

But freedom of expression is a grey area on WGT, and someone sees a religious, sexual or political connotation in a thread and cries foul to the moderators.

Then the moderators bow to their whims and poof (can I actually say that without offending someone) ........it is gone.even when the content s marginal to say the least.

I used to respect the mods, including Icon and Shoe and even Pizza (he was fun and argued back lol) but the new breed of mods appear to be political correctness freaks.......respect is earned, and does not come with a WGT prefix.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 5:19 AM

It was bad press. As true and respectful as it was, it bared a truth that WGTOstrich commanded be swept under the rug. They have a cheating mess on their hands that they don't/won't/can't deal with.  :-(

• PaulTon
    10,731 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 5:22 AM

Point of order; the hottest thread was 'Where has Marge gone?'.

• ct690911
    7,190 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 6:16 AM

Tread lightly here, for your own sakes. Trust me on this one. Seems the T&C rules have been discarded and the mods take action depending on the mood they are in.

ct

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 9:46 AM

Much as it grates, as I think they do owe more communication, especially after the huge SS fanfare, on this one I see where WGT are.

One avatar they humanely put out its misery, and I doubt the OP will be starting another complaint thread for a day or 2.  The OP is also not guilty by association.  Some half hints and backroom discussion as to who else was never going anywhere good either.....Maybe simply ending it would have been best, but then there is the OP.......If we ever see a putting calculator with a slo-mo demo by someone who is still useless we will know who :)

Maybe an idea for the long awaited (half baked) new tier idea would be that no player gets there unless they have passed some kind of basic test.  I was against invite only as pfft stuff that, but perhaps though they could "covertly" build that test in.  The grapevine would soon get going that it looks half clean.  It would mean reducing the worth (credits available wise) of lower tiers, and so idealism on my part perhaps.  An idea though if they think they have the resistance to the every trick in the book kid, but thinking aloud 5000 RR min played..............Brainstormin' with not much in my case:)

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 10:20 AM

Seems the ONLY time a mod is allowed to do or reply in the forum is if it involves the mobile version, or to remove an ugly truth.

Since TG took over, WGT  (the mods and bosses) have become shameless. 

Maybe they don't want any competitors seeing how low they've fallen. Or how little they care about their once great game or the players who make it possible for this game to still be up and running.

• gonfission
    2,227 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 10:54 AM

jayw4862:

Since TG took over

The Jolliffe brothers and a licensee developed the first three Topgolf locations in the United Kingdom beginning in 2000.

The U.S. licensee, with WestRiver Group as the lead investor, brought Topgolf to the U.S. in 2005 with the opening of Topgolf Alexandria. WestRiver Group was founded and is run by Erik Anderson, Co-Chairman and CEO of Topgolf International, Inc., dba Topgolf Entertainment Group (TEG).

As the company expanded, Callaway Golf Company (NYSE: ELY) became an investor in 2006 and Thomas Dundon in 2011. Also in 2008, the company was incorporated as Topgolf International, Inc.

In 2016, Topgolf International, Inc. created three new divisions: TEG (a DBA for Topgolf International, Inc.), Topgolf (the venues in the U.S. and U.K.), Topgolf International (the division focused on Topgolf’s international expansion) and Topgolf Media (the division focused on enhancing the Topgolf experience through advanced digital media, strategic partnerships and sponsorships). Additionally, in 2016, Providence Equity Partners made a sizable minority investment in TEG.

Today, WestRiver Group, Callaway, Dundon and Providence Equity are four of the lead investors in TEG.  

It would appear, the Crown, is still sticking it to the Colonies ;-))

Just because it operates in the outer limits(San Francisco), don't expect a western overall view on subjects, right or wrong

Let's not forget who represents the owners out there...

Image result for nancy pelosi crazy images

More than "enough said" !

Edit: Maybe we now know why Nike was taken out, by Callaway

• pmm711
    5,509 Posts
    Fri, Jun 23 2017 12:12 PM

The game now blows and is losing players because of TopGolf's target audience.  Let's not forget that fact.

RSS