Help › Forums

WGT, are you done with the impostors?

Mon, Dec 5 2016 5:21 PM (76 replies)
  • mystry78
    880 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2016 3:35 AM

ct690911:

mystry78:

I spotted an obvious multi-accounter carding great scores in the RG's after opening his account just this month! I reported my observations to customer service and only hours later his account is no longer searchable through the player search.

Great job WGT!!

Frank

Problem with Multis is it's like whack a mole. Wgt boots them, they back an hour later. (ok..not quite whack a mole, but you get the drift)

True CT, I was thinking the same thing. But at least we can try to make life difficult for them.

• PhilEStein
    1,269 Posts
    Mon, Nov 28 2016 4:27 AM

Sorry Vic, I thought you just did.

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2016 8:37 AM

How hard do you think it would be for WGT to catch cheaters (i.e. multi-accounting Champs)?

Just create a search algorythm to look for the following at the Legend and below levels:

- High placing on big money tourneys (monthly, rg's, brackets) on a regular basis with almost no other types of play. (i.e. in it just for the $$)

- Unrealistic Statistics (no learning curve from Hack upwards & playing like a champ)

- Gifts of Equipment (this is why they do this after all ... to get cash through PayPal)

Unfortunately IP address checking only catches the very stupid since the smart ones use altered addresses.

This algorythm would give WGT a fine list to use to start further investigations.  Admittadly, There would be a percentage of legitamate players who would show up on the list, and should not be penalized for superior playing ability ... but I doubt that percentage would be very large until WGT cleans out the levels.

A shame I do not see this being done.  I have reported one player several times, and have been told by two other players that they too have reported the same player ... yet no change ...

• Luckystar5
    1,636 Posts
    Thu, Dec 1 2016 10:20 AM

I contacted wgt concerning tier promotions, and received an email with 150 words that didn't say anything.  Some of you are asking how I was promoted to master, I have only 1 ranked round, with an average of 82.  (BUT MY WIN, LOSE PERCENTAGE IN THE H2H COIN ROOMS HAS BEEN 77 PLUS for the last 2 months)  They told me that those games don't count.  Go figure, but because of this I have been accused of being a sandbagger. Don't know how or why.  I have beaten legends, as well as other masters and tour masters.  (Also have lost too) my problems here also is that I was beaten badly by a level 5 hack,, that had an m1 driver, and m2 irons? How? He shot a 4 under.  Really wish that someone could explain some of these things without giving me threads that are unofficial, and not endorsed by wgt. 

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 2:38 PM

Ezzy123450:
    - Gifts of Equipment (this is why they do this after all ... to get cash through PayPal)
    Ding, Ding, Ding, we have a winner!

For this exact reason, if WGT is serious about sorting out the riff raff, they need to drastically change the gift policy.  WGT should either get rid of all gifts (seriously) or set a very small dollar amount a player is allowed to gift.  I.e., player 11BC2 cannot gift more than $30.00 total (combined for the entire month, i.e, not $30.00 to 30 different players) for the month of December (and not allow this number to stack either).

And Imho banning accounts of known cheaters, while obviously necessary, only provides a very slight pause to correct the situation.  As long as real $$ is available to be gained via pay-pal and the likes, people will continually create new accounts and repeat the process.  This is especially problematic seeing how there is still a loophole in which you can easily gain over 100,000 XP in a single day.  A restart can be level 90 and using amazing equipment in less than 5 days!!!

And for the love of God, No, I will NOT share this information.  Please DO NOT send me friend request asking (doesn't matter if you're just shy of level 95, etc).  Please DO NOT write on my wall offering me balls or the likes. In NO way am I trying to facilitate "easy street" for wanna be re-starts or cash cows.

Just throwing in my 2 cents in how to best combat multi's and sandbaggers.  Change the gift policy!!  At the very least take a very close look at people sending huge $$ amounts of gifts on a regular basis. 

And it goes w/out saying take a very close look at CC's with newer creation dates and very few players.  People would be able to avoid "gifting penalties" by earning credits and then creating a CC tournament with a $100.00 prize, etc.  Then BAM, only 1 person enters the tournament and collects WGT credits to buy stuff.

Cheers.  Sean.

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 4:31 PM

11BC2:
    WGT should either get rid of all gifts (seriously) or set a very small dollar amount a player is allowed to gift. 

Hmm. Finally something we agree on. I've been saying this for a year. 

They also do it through blitz, match, and skins. Either losing creds or gifting after a 2 minute game. 

Skype and Paypal.

To be such a money hungry company, they definitely DO NOT CARE that $1,000.00's are stolen from them every single month.

They want to ban cheats and multi's who don't do anything but steal from legit players by winning, but they leave these real-money thieves here. Makes zero business sense.

The biggest black market credit seller on this site makes more than WGT does in their clashes, per month, combined!! He uses several accounts. 

The "sent the ?????" is more prominent in their activity feeds than scores, posts, etc. It's unreal.

Too bad Topgolf or the big-wigs at WGT don't read these forums.

• renniw52
    5,385 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:36 PM

This problem will never go away. Years ago I figured out a few of my WGT friends were doing this and I immediately dropped them from my friends list. Made me sick. I never ratted them out, I was just done with them. The people who do this have never been anything and never will be. They can continue to sit in their parents basement in their tighty whities, eat Chitos and yell upstairs for mom to bring them another soda. That is what they are and nobody can change them. In all the years I have been on here I have shot a 28 one time and 29 three times. When I used to see some of the scores people were posting  I just laughed. No names from me but I know of a few who are still doing this. I have nothing to do with these people. They know who they are and know that I know.

• alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 5:41 PM

Ezzy123450:
    How hard do you think it would be for WGT to catch cheaters (i.e. multi-accounting Champs)?

Sean ??  could tell you....

"They haven't got me yet " !!!!

He feels secure enough to post away now.....bit like Tasor  n Hannsi  !!

;))))

• 11BC2
    555 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 6:00 PM

alcaucin:

Sean ??  could tell you....

"They haven't got me yet " !!!!

This was inevitable from you lol, and a few others I'm sure (just wait for it) forum friends ^^.  Business as usual for you no doubt (your forum standard).  I've said in the past, and I'll say again now, I've nothing to hide. 

I offer full disclosure and give WGT 100% permission to display my entire account history - to include but not limited to account creation date, tier dates, credits earned (videos, etc), credits purchased, credits won, ALL gifts received and ALL gifts sent.

I stand by ideas in my previous post in regards to gifting.  I find it ironic how giving what I consider to be good options makes me the bad guy here.  To throw out an all encompassing blanket, A forum is a forum is a forum.  Some things shouldn't be surprising.

jay:
    The biggest black market credit seller on this site makes more than WGT does in their clashes, per month, combined!! He uses several accounts.
    No clue about this.  If true I find it amazing they haven't been shut down.

Cheers.  Sean.

• Ezzy123450
    209 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 6:10 PM

Today I shot a 28 on the monthly multiround ... for me a great score ... but I have been working very hard for the last year and 3-4 months in particular trying to improve my game.  Mapping clubs, improving my short game, and especially my putting ... I know my score won't last for 3 more rounds with only one winner for the tourney.  (I have seen who is close behind me)

Low scores are possible, but NOT at my level on a REGULAR basis, with NO learning curve (stats can verify that) ...

I think it all boils down to $$ for WGT.  whether they catch cheats who are robbing real players, or it is another real player winning ... someone will still be buying credits from WGT and they are happy.  ergo ... no incentive to clean up the game completely.  (I do give them credit for the few they have ousted, but I hear they are back anyways)

RSS