Forums

Help › Forums

WGT, are you done with the impostors?

Mon, Dec 5 2016 5:21 PM (76 replies)
  • Robert1893
    7,676 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 3:11 PM

mbcarp99:
    I didn't take a creative reading course, is that you thinking you know what other people do again! :))

You really have me at a disadvantage because I have no idea what you're talking about. Where did I make any claim about what I think other people do? Seriously, where is that statement in anything I wrote? Here's basically the conversation:

I mentioned that I've only had a handful of shots that I thought were "what the heck was that shot?" And I mentioned that some of those ended up actually working out well.

You replied that I was lucky. 

I simply noted that I'm not lucky. I just don't blame all my bad shots on the game. 

That's it. That't the conversation between you and me. Now where in there did I say anything about what other people do or think? Apparently, you take personal offense at my statement. My apologies. I was just saying how I approach the game. That's it. 

• VanMeerV
    993 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 3:23 PM

Really you all are starting and talking about wgt cleaning things up ? Don't fool yourself and don't waste your time, It will never happen, It is a money issues and you know when dipping into pockets company's will turn head every time, 

Look at the issues with surveys , even if you select to not show them they pop up, now who really has control ? settings are for show just like the players you are mentioning, and I won't waste my time talking about it. 

Vic

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 5:07 PM

Robert1893:
    You really have me at a disadvantage

Clearly

Robert1893:
    I simply noted that I'm not lucky. I just don't blame all my bad shots on the game. 

Your statement implies that other people do blame their bad shots on the game, you can pretend it doesn't if it makes you feel better

Robert1893:
    Apparently, you take personal offense at my statement. My apologies. I was just saying how I approach the game. That's it. 

no need to apologise, i take no offence

• Robert1893
    7,676 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 5:35 PM

mbcarp99:
    Your statement implies that other people do blame their bad shots on the game, you can pretend it doesn't if it makes you feel better

That's what I meant by "creative reading course" that I suggested you may have taken at some point. In other words, you read that meaning into what I wrote. When I wrote what I did, I know what I intended; I don't need to pretend. It really was just an off-hand comment that was not intended to cast aspersions. Besides, when I have suggested to others what they think or do, I've been pretty straightforward with those comments. 

Regardless, whether you want to believe all of that or not is up to you. My point stands: in this thread I didn't make any claims about what other people do or think, and I claimed no "superior knowledge" on that point. Again, you can take me at my word or not. That's up to you. 

But I will take you at your word that you weren't offended. That's good.  

• mbcarp99
    1,078 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 6:41 PM

Robert1893:
    That's what I meant by "creative reading course" that I suggested you may have taken at some point. In other words, you read that meaning into what I wrote

Thanks for explaining what you meant, little bit patronising, or am i creatively reading something that isn't there :))

Robert1893:
    you can take me at my word or not. That's up to you. 

it's not a life or death situation, we have a different view and that's what makes for interesting debate

Happy hitting

• Robert1893
    7,676 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 6:57 PM

mbcarp99:
    Thanks for explaining what you meant, little bit patronising, or am i creatively reading something that isn't there :))

Clearly. ;-)

Just kidding as well as suggesting we may both be guilty in that respect. :-) 

But no, I really didn't mean it to be patronizing.

Happy hitting to you as well!  

• SlicedPepper
    796 Posts
    Fri, Nov 25 2016 8:54 PM

I guess a lvl 101 TM with a 74+ avg would fit into this category. 

The concept of cheating at this game, or any other, is lost on me. I just don't understand the enjoyment one gets from being intentionally bad at something.

I stopped playing WGT's tournies long ago because of these kinds of players. 

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Sat, Nov 26 2016 12:16 AM

Cheat on WGT is like trick on Klondike. They have the pleasure that they give themselves.

• mystry78
    880 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2016 6:04 PM

I spotted an obvious multi-accounter carding great scores in the RG's after opening his account just this month! I reported my observations to customer service and only hours later his account is no longer searchable through the player search.

Great job WGT!!

Frank

• ct690911
    7,201 Posts
    Sun, Nov 27 2016 7:12 PM

mystry78:

I spotted an obvious multi-accounter carding great scores in the RG's after opening his account just this month! I reported my observations to customer service and only hours later his account is no longer searchable through the player search.

Great job WGT!!

Frank

Problem with Multis is it's like whack a mole. Wgt boots them, they back an hour later. (ok..not quite whack a mole, but you get the drift)

RSS