Forums

Help › Forums

WGT, are you done with the impostors?

Mon, Dec 5 2016 5:21 PM (76 replies)
  • alcaucin
    9,041 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 6:18 PM

11BC2:
    And for the love of God, No, I will NOT share this information.  Please DO NOT send me friend request asking (doesn't matter if you're just shy of level 95, etc).  Please DO NOT write on my wall offering me balls or the likes. In NO way am I trying to facilitate "easy street" for wanna be re-starts or cash cows.

Sean ? you listening ?

STFU

The least you could do is to tell ppl in that ^^ L94 situation..how to get there ? 

So you having not one account..THAT.. has facilitated a L100+ driver..

makes you feel superior ?

No levels or clubs needed here...

Just don't be a T.wat all your Life surely ?

Andy

• kavvz
    2,195 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 6:41 PM

11BC2:
    This is especially problematic seeing how there is still a loophole in which you can easily gain over 100,000 XP in a single day.  A restart can be level 90 and using amazing equipment in less than 5 days!!!

Can't believe that is happening and nothing is done about it...?

Lets say for a sec, they just can't seem to find that "loophole" and patch it...

All they'd have to do instead is query players with impossible XP increases over X time, and ban them.  

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:02 PM

The posters savvy in this area write a lot of words, but say very little...others state they don't cheat, but know people who do...and everyone agrees wgt should clean up the black market and address cheating. This has been covered umpteen times.

Does ^^^ about sum up the thread?

I play for fun, so cheats have no interest. Best advice is for everyone to do the same. 

If you suspect someone of cheating...send the info (with proof) to wgt via secure message. Posting verbose messages in here, less specifics, is of little value.

ct

• borntobesting
    9,632 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 7:11 PM

Actually this thread is sort of a joke IMO. A couple of  the posters are IMO one of the worst sandbaggers. Posting in it trying to cover their own tracks. Sort of like Andy said about how Tasor did before he was caught. 

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 8:58 PM

I can't speak to most of the people who posted in this thread as I don't know most of them.  But i know Sean (11BC2), who  I've watched from when he started playing in April 2015.  And Ezzy belonged to the CC I am a member of until she left to join her current club because she wanted to go up against the best players around.  

I can't stand idly by and watch while they are possibly accused of cheating, sandbagging or anything else.  I can vouch that both of them learned this game by hard work and dedication, taking the time to map their clubs and balls.  And practice, practice, practice.  I've played rounds with Ezzy and she has a gift for this game.  She leaves an old dinosaur like me in the dust.

I played a social AS game with ct, gsoup and manderson1152 last night.  They all play better than I do, but we all had a good time.  No one looking to get one over on someone else.  And no one berating someone when they had a bad shot.  As ct said, key word "social".

ScottHope, Robert1893, Born2BeSting, alosso, Alanti, YankeeJim, to name a few of the usual posters, not necessarily in this one thread, all seem to have no axe to grind, so to speak.  They all pass along good advice to anyone who will listen.  And all have shown more patience that I can muster at times in answering the same questions over and over again.  

PaulTon has brought a great bit of humor to the forum that has been missing since we lost Andyson.  As well as organizing that great Tribute Tourament to our friend Dennis.  Even if he does have a sharp tongue at times.

I've been the receipient of gifted equipment.  From a complete stranger.  And it wasn't because I paid $$ thru the back door to get it.  I've also helped out a few people in my CC with equipment.  Because I wanted to help them out.  And I wanted to "pay it forward" for the gift I received.  No money crossed my palms for doing this.

I don't play RG's because I know there are way too many good players who could easily out score me.  I've never had anyone offer to sell me "gifted" equipment but I tend to only play seriously in my CC, and socially with friends.  I don't look for random games any more, and I never play for credits.  I think it's sad that some people have so little self esteem they have to try to beat the system, or cheat to win, but I figured out a long time ago I can't fix the whole world.  I don't have to accept those things into my life.  If I had evidence that someone was cheating I would report them.

Best thing I can close with is to say I agree with ct, and Ezzy and still hope that WGT will get more serious about cleaning up the game.  Even though I agree with aloss in that "we are WGT, hope is futile", at least at times.

phred952

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 9:41 PM

Uuuummmmmm, so are you guys saying that the "sweeps" software they use now isn't working?

I find that very hard to believe, surely they have caught 100's upon 100's by now!

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 9:44 PM

phred952:
    I played a social AS game with ct, gsoup and manderson1152 last night.  They all play better than I do, but we all had a good time.

one in a million night, that was fun.

edit: agree about the social aspect of the game, I have noticed a large of the new ppl, 2015 forward just dont type. irritating when they wont even acknowledge a 'vns' when the hit a eagle. irritating.

old times someone timed out because they were laughing or something. Ever see Strange Magic dance?

• gsoup
    2,929 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 9:51 PM

renniw52:
    Years ago I figured out a few of my WGT friends were doing this and I immediately dropped them from my friends list. Made me sick. I never ratted them out, I was just done with them

ya never caught on?? 

long time no yak, message me: preferably in some pork jerky, lol

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Fri, Dec 2 2016 10:52 PM

gsoup:

phred952:
    I played a social AS game with ct, gsoup and manderson1152 last night.  They all play better than I do, but we all had a good time.

edit: agree about the social aspect of the game, I have noticed a large of the new ppl, 2015 forward just dont type. irritating when they wont even acknowledge a 'vns' when the hit a eagle. irritating.

old times someone timed out because they were laughing or something. Ever see Strange Magic dance?

Sadly you are correct, too many can't seem to enjoy the moment.  And no, I have to say I've never seen Strange Magic dance.

• ct690911
    7,202 Posts
    Sat, Dec 3 2016 6:37 AM

gsoup:

phred952:

Seriously?  I've played over 7700 Alt games...I've set over 6000. Majority are fun, except when the odd blowout occurs, or when a Random joins and doesn't like being sociable (no idea). I'm definitely gonna have to invite you two reprobates more often...lol

I agree about talented players helping others. For example, I have played YJ a few times. He is helpful during the game, as well as in here. There are many like him. Solid guys (and gals) with solid games. Their goal is to have fun and pass along advice to others.. they obviously prefer to win, but are gracious in defeat (important attribute when my p...lol).

ct

RSS