Help › Forums

Will You Harm WGT by using Ad Blockers?

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 28 2010 5:25 AM (56 replies)
  • Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 12:36 PM

Gentlemen: 

'Tis the Christmas season.  Good points from all... well spoken, well-spelled and without all the nastiness we see in so many posts on here.  I applaud you and it's been interesting reading your insights.

Perhaps it's time to shake hands, agree to disagree, whack each other over the head with a Christmas tree, bury the hatchet, step under the mistletoe and hug.  Don't make me come after you with a 64 degree Taylormade wedge.

Nevertheless, it's been refreshing to observe erudite gentlemen exchanging thoughts without resorting to mudslinging.

In the spirit of the season, may the Cardinals win the World Series next year and may the T-Rex in the bunker on #10 Kiawah live on in infamy.

Merry Christmas! (or anything else that applies)

• misstery
    705 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 1:24 PM

:-)

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 1:28 PM

Now you've gone and opened up an entirely new can of worms DMM......

Doublemochaman:
    In the spirit of the season, may the Cardinals win the World Series next year

We all know the Brewers have lacked ONE thing over the last (fill in any double digit integer here...) years, and have now finally started addressing their pitching woes. Here we come !!!

Hope you and yours have a great holiday season as well, a wonderful Christmas, and a prosperous new year!

VHL

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 2:17 PM

I tell ya DMM, Mark McGwire showed-up last season as the batting coach and all heck broke loose. It seemed like he threw a bat in the works. We were all talking about how it looked like he knocked all the players off their batting niche.

Hopefully Tony LaRussa will put things back in perspective with his one year coaching deal. Tony's 66 now and it looks like this will be his last season as the St.Louis Cardinals manager.

--------------------------------------------

I'm all for getting along with everyone DMM and will be the first person to apologize if I've offended anyone in these forums. I like Andy and Jim for what they bring to the game for the players. It's hard to get along with someone who snaps on you if you don't align yourself with ones opinion which we're all entitled too. This should be the first place we should all work-on moving forward.

I hope we can all start on a fresh slate in the WGT.com forums for 2011. If someone get's out of line, we can politely let our fellow golfers know the cause for their action and move forward in a constructive manner. We're all adults and like this game very much. WGT would appreciate the fact that we can all actually come together, as a real community, with real feed-back for the game. We know who we are to contribute this constructive feed-back to WGT. Perhaps WGT would actually take us all serious and start implementing our ideas in a more expedient manner if we could only show unity.

I've learned that frivolous bickering over a gaming issue will only turn a deaf ear by WGT. If we want to give WGT a Christmas gift this year, let's all give a gift of cooperation. I'm sure they would be more then surprised.

Merry Christmas everyone, and have a happy new year!

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 2:35 PM

Richard4168:
    f you knew anything about grammar, you would see that my sentences are structured with proper punctuation.

I asked Santa Claus to bring you a book on 5 words-your, you're, their, there, and they're. This way in your 4th year of college you will have finally learned how to use them correctly. 

I hope you were a good boy and he brings you it.   :-)

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 2:46 PM

VanHalenLover:
    CPA is the most likely ad-model being used
      CPA relates to leads which could generate sales.  Extremely doubtful for the big banner ads for Vesicare, Energizer, and even ADT those are going for branding. (you've just been branded. LOL)  Perhaps the small ad for Pinehurst which takes you to their site and you could make contact or a reservation is a CPA.

I will agree to disagree VHL.

Richard, Richard, Richard......What are you smoking?  Either you do not read what I write, or you don't understand what you read.

There is nothing underhanded (disingenuous), deceitful, or tricky about my saying "CPM is by far the most often used billing method."  there is a reference that says that!  I'm being frank.

And where did I make an analogy of CPM?  If I had said "CPM is the aspirin of on-line advertising, its the most widely used."  That is an analogy.

I mention your poor paragraph structure and you blabber about your totally unrelated good grammer and punctuation in a paragraph that covers at least 5 separate thoughts.

You chide me for allegedly disparaging you and then disparage me at least 8 times in the next two paragraphs.

Oh well, I can take it.

One more time Rich.

Every view of an ad generates a bit of revenue or WGT.

Flashblock blocks the ads on WGT.

Blocking the ad blocks the revenue.

Which harms WGT.

Good on you Rich for spending $75 at WGT this year

Have a Merry Christmas. Then on Sunday grab a beer and watch the Rams get stomped by the Niners.

Note: I wrote this post before seeing Rich's latest post.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 3:08 PM

Thanks for that Jim. I make a mistake every now and again, and like you, my instructor let's me know about it.  lol

Andy, I thought we were moving forward in a constructive manner, do you not want to? You keep making fun of me and I don't know why? I don't care if the Rams win or lose Andy, but your tone sounds vicious in hoping they do lose, like your trying to hurt me or something, why? Why do you want to keep trying to hurt my feelings Andy? I very seldom drink alcohol, and certainly not on Sunday.

In any event, I'm moving forward guys and I hope you guys do the same.

God bless you guys.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 3:43 PM

andyson:
    CPA relates to leads which could generate sales.

Not the CPA I am familiar with - the 'A' is or action. The new wave of advertising, and one that many advertisers are moving towards.

It pays the host only when someone makes a purchase using the linked ad. Very similar to the free credit offers in the sense that there are no payments made for viewing the offers, only for completing them. My guess is that wgt gets credited for a % of the purchase leading from those ads, and nothing for views or clicks. 

More info here, if interested.

andyson:
    Every view of an ad generates a bit of revenue or WGT.

Again, not known. With the other highly efficient means of fair ad payment, I rather doubt it is set up this way.

andyson:
    Blocking the ad blocks the revenue.

andyson:
    Which harms WGT.

see above.....

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 4:14 PM

VanHalenLover:
    Not the CPA I am familiar with - the 'A' is or action.

Same thing.  "CPA is a cost associated with each lead created from a click on the advertisement (CPL), or each sale (CPS)."

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Dec 24 2010 5:44 PM

YankeeJim:
    I asked Santa Claus to bring you a book on 5 words-your, you're, their, there, and they're.

I have to say Jim, I didn't see a grammar discrepancy in my posts in this thread. I'm full aware how to use the words you speak of. If there is a discrepancy, then I guess I'm not perfect like you or anyone else. Thanks for pointing it out though friend.

Merry Christmas buddy.

RSS