Forums

Help › Forums

First ever WGT LIVE player event

Sat, Sep 20 2014 9:20 AM (67 replies)
  • andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:30 AM

fmagnets:
    Supposed to be live on the Golf Channel isn't it?

That's our assumption.  But all that is stated is "Coverage on the Golf Channel".  That could be anything from a 2 minute piece on the Morning show to an hour show.   Pretty vague.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:35 AM

andyson:
      But being from that area we combined it with a family holiday and mooched off my bro.  LOL

LMAO have to love family

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 4:21 PM

oilyrag:

according to the faq it's

.................... $10,000 dollars in cash and prizes ........................

Do you have a link?  I can't find that anywhere.  I'm also confused by the nomenclature of the December events, and suspicious of the ten grand because it equals the million credit purse for the Dec 1-4 Tour Championship.

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 4:39 PM

Everyone, I just started a new thread with some more information.

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/259637.aspx

- WGTdbloshoe

• jayw4862
    3,364 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 4:41 PM

fmagnets:
    JayW might be getting a look in after all!!

LOL...I've been constantly checking my email, and staring at the phone, waiting. Maybe WGT has misplaced my info :-( ........intentionally :-)

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 2:57 AM

bhoese:

oilyrag:

according to the faq it's

.................... $10,000 dollars in cash and prizes ........................

Do you have a link?  I can't find that anywhere.  I'm also confused by the nomenclature of the December events, and suspicious of the ten grand because it equals the million credit purse for the Dec 1-4 Tour Championship.

over there  ->  on the right .... faq home 

look down the list for virtual tour

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 7:24 AM

ahhhh!  Thank you, sir.  

WGTFAQ:

The Top 4 players in the Tour Legend tier from the Virtual Tour Championship will also be invited to attend and play at the WGT LIVE event (Dec 5-7 in Orlando) where they will compete head-to-head for $10,000 dollars in cash and prizes, in front of WGT fans and Golf Channel cameras.

That also includes the old language (in bold) regarding qualification for the LIVE event.  It looks like nothing is official at this time.  We'll have to wait for Shoe's post next week.

Mags has suggested moving the schedule up.  My suggestion is to move the LIVE event to January or February, which would give the top TLs time to make arrangements (and give WGT time to work down the list of runners-up if needed).  And comp their travel, for crying out loud.  

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Sat, Sep 20 2014 9:20 AM

bhoese:

My suggestion is to move the LIVE event to January or February

This will not realistically happen. The studio time will have already been booked with Golf Channel, WGT representatives will already have arranged to be in Orlando, and some tickets may have been sold already on the back of these dates. And Golf Channel will want this to be happening in the relatively quiet real life golfing month of December.

But no reason why the final two 4 week events can't be two week events instead, creating an extra month of leeway. Most players seem to grind out a score they are satisfied with over the first week of the first round anyway, then don't play again until the second round, so I don't think this would hurt WGT's ball-burning profits much during that unlimited first round.

RSS