Forums

Help › Forums

First ever WGT LIVE player event

Sat, Sep 20 2014 9:20 AM (67 replies)
  • chancer22
    3 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:46 AM

well I think I would rather take a gamble and put my money on a Horse than place any bets on this game as its so  inconsistent  

• fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 9:47 AM

fmagnets:

alosso:

and may I say that they are making a mess out of it?

Yes, you may! Tour Championship becomes pointless without an earlier date. And if the prize fund has been reduced from $25,000 to $10,000 cash and prizes (which presumably does not mean $10,000 cash, AND prizes), then this will barely cover the expenses of the top 4 even if shared equally unless they live near Orlando.

I'm not sure they can legally do that after the competition has started can they?

Lottery purses are based on tickets sold, but if you offer X amount at the start of a competition you should not be able to change it 3/4's of the way through said competition...any lawyers on the site?

• Ducati916
    1,116 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 10:11 AM

A favourite saying comes to mind regarding WGT's handling of this.

Not my circus.

Not my monkeys.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 10:32 AM

This may have been asked and I missed it, but will this event if it takes place be streamed for those that are unable to attend to view

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:08 AM

Woodoworkery:

This may have been asked and I missed it, but will this event if it takes place be streamed for those that are unable to attend to view

A)  Wouldn't it cut down on live attendance ticket sales if they announced it now?

B)  And wouldn't it tick off a lot of people who bought tickets if they did stream it later?

But choice B has never stopped WGT in the past.

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:14 AM

Not really Andy, a lot of people just enjoy going to the event rather than watch it on a computer screen .

Just like  any sports event .

• Woodoworkery
    3,498 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:18 AM

Please don't get me wrong, not trying to compare a video game contest , with a professional sports event, was just saying a lot of people like to be at the actual event.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:27 AM

Supposed to be live on the Golf Channel isn't it? Just find a free feed for this and you're sorted.

• andyson
    6,415 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 11:28 AM

I'm just speculating less tickets would be sold if people knew they had a choice.  Hmmm spend $300 to $1500 or so to attend or stay home and watch it on the screen.

But I understand what you're saying Woodo.  We went to the Ryder Cup at Medinah 2 years ago.  But being from that area we combined it with a family holiday and mooched off my bro.  LOL

RSS