Forums

Help › Forums

First ever WGT LIVE player event

Sat, Sep 20 2014 9:20 AM (67 replies)
  • fatdan
    3,379 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 12:22 PM

I love to play this game...I really enjoy watching top players videos of a round as well as replays of good shots...I don't miss a day here by choice, could be doing other things but would rather be here...

However, if I lived in Orlando within walking distance of the event, I still wouldn't pay $213 for a ticket! To me that is arrogant of WGT to even think that is a fair price, almost as arrogant as making the competitors pay their own fare to get there with very little notice...kinda like a professional sports team making their players find a way to get to the away games at their own expense!

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 12:52 PM

213 dollars?  I can take 71 women out to dinner for that - assuming they don't super size it or demand the apple pie.

I'll pass.

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 6:52 PM

I commend WGT for putting on such an event.     Every year WGT gives away some very nice prizes.  And never once does any player have to prove just how they are able to post a winning score.    I say good for WGT if they are going to give away CASH,   Then make players  prove just how they are shooting these very low scores.      With cheat software popping up every other month.  I would say this is a step in the right direction.   Hopefully one day all players who are competing for big prizes will have to post some sort of live feed to post and prove the scores they are turning in.     Good On you WGT.     Doc   

• bhoese
    679 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 8:51 PM

Looking closer, I see that any mention of the $25,000 in prizes has been scrubbed from the site.  

It looks like the players in the televised comp will simply be the top four TLs (tour placings as of Dec. 1) who attend the Orlando event.  What they'll be playing for is anybody's guess.  

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 10:21 PM

And what will happen to the Tour Championship? Are the dates of this to be revised, or will it be just another credit chase that has no impact on the Orlando event participants?

Really this should be the first 4 days of November, then there is a whole month for WGT to choose the 4 Orlando players, confirm their availability, organise flights, board, a bit of spending money, and tell them what they are playing for. Then WGT will certainly get 4 top players who will put on a good show.

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Thu, Sep 18 2014 10:48 PM

fmagnets:
    And what will happen to the Tour Championship?

It almost looks like doubled but mind the wee naming difference:

The Virtual Tour ends with the Virtual Championship Dec. 2-4:

which is followed by the Virtual Tour Championship Dec. 6:

(prize announcement withdrawn)

• oilyrag
    875 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 3:29 AM

according to the faq it's

.................... $10,000 dollars in cash and prizes ........................

• TDSLIMIT
    409 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 3:48 AM

As you can see its all about the PRIZES.     Lately you read every post here mentions something about a Prize. Good Grief ....   Its more than 2 months away.  For all you know WGT will up the anti and offer even more Prizes.   Perhaps the prize part is still up in the air.    WGT has been known to change things.  I would be willing to bet they will have more than we all suspect.   This is our 1st ever Live Event.      I am sure WGT is going to go out of their way to make sure the Top Players are very happy.   As for those others who make the trip for the enjoyment of watching the best in the game.    If you go and meet up with 3 other CC members you also get some perks.   Spent the last  5 years playing this game.   This is a chance to run into some of those people I always wanted to meet.     Looking very much forward to this.    See Ya There.   Doc  

• alosso
    21,038 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 4:03 AM

Thanks for the info!

According the the FAQs, the Tour Championship is Dec 1-4, followed by

the WGT LIVE event (Dec 5-7 in Orlando)
    , where

all attendees and contestants will be responsible for their travel, lodging and meal expenses.

So, they wanna take it all, and may I say that they are making a mess out of it?

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Fri, Sep 19 2014 8:09 AM

alosso:

and may I say that they are making a mess out of it?

Yes, you may! Tour Championship becomes pointless without an earlier date. And if the prize fund has been reduced from $25,000 to $10,000 cash and prizes (which presumably does not mean $10,000 cash, AND prizes), then this will barely cover the expenses of the top 4 even if shared equally unless they live near Orlando.

Poldi will be able to use his investment bank's private jet to travel from Germany, so who are the best other 3 WGT players that live near Orlando? JayW might be getting a look in after all!!

RSS