Forums

Help › Forums

I refuse to pay another dime...What about you?

Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:51 PM (77 replies)
  • KingSallow
    38 Posts
    Mon, Nov 22 2010 11:57 PM

OK,

first of all i do understand such threads and statements. The game isnt easy for all participants and especially the move from pro to Master Tier is the biggest in my opinion, because the Tier is tough and many pro players hasnt the ability at this point to get it well done in "a minute".

But thats certainly the problem, because you have to accept that you have to practice round for round to solve the problems resulting on the different lenght and angles to get it to the green and near to the pin.

The Game isnt expensive, you dont have to sell your home to get good stuff for master tier ( use the raptures!), but you have to play constantly to reach the levels for that clubs, you have to spend the time for it, get extra points for consecutive days of playing and then its in my opinion absolutely no prob to play GOOD rounds and winning credits for the balls you need always again.

But also i have to say that there is no garantie that you getting better if the game is nothing for ya, if you dont hit constantly the dot meter and to learn reading greens that you hole out enough putts more far away.

Thats not the problem of the game !

Funny to call constant tough winds a game Problem :)

If there is no challenge, no wind, fairways 200yards wide and tiers who allows to reach every green in  one shot....Nobody would play the game a longer time.

So....practice and get better or dont play the game any more, but such  frustrating threads never helps ya my friend

Good Game for all !

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Tue, Nov 23 2010 11:50 PM

I'm starting to get disheartened again about this game. Dimes I'll spend tho. Three for a dime B ES balls until I get to level 80 and the 280 yard driver. Should get there in time for the congressional and maybe be ready to buy the good balls again when I know the playing conditions will be fairer. Or maybe it's just my VEM. Maybe I'm just tired.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 5:00 AM

6packmike:
    Maybe I'm just tired.

My single biggest problem-not recognizing this and hacking away. 31' and 32s become 35s and 36s.  :-(

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Wed, Nov 24 2010 8:22 PM

Thank you for writing but apparently you may not understand what I wrote.

"first of all i do understand such threads and statements. The game isnt easy for all participants and especially the move from pro to Master Tier is the biggest in my opinion, because the Tier is tough and many pro players hasnt the ability at this point to get it well done in "a minute"."

I honestly have no Idea what you are trying to say.

Once I became a "master" LOL.  I never minded being longer off the tee, changed pin placements, changes in roughs or bunker placements.

What I do not agree is the complete change in how my clubs react off anything but a perfect lie and perfect ding.  My distance and accuracy ARE NOW different . The ONLY thing that makes any sense are course changes. The club reaction or as the higher ups like to call the VEM or as I like to call it the "Variable Error Machine" Which is poorly designed, forces artificially miss hit balls EVEN though the ball is perfectly struck.

Many players wrote regarding fringe or 1st cut rough shots that may move a foot once the ball is struck. I had reached a point when I could ding it  almost at will.  

"But that's certainly the problem, because you have to accept that you have to practice round for round to solve the problems resulting on the different lenght and angles to get it to the green and near to the pin."

I don't think I should comment on this except to say , yep, I agree.

"The Game isnt expensive, you dont have to sell your home to get good stuff for master tier ( use the raptures!), but you have to play constantly to reach the levels for that clubs, you have to spend the time for it, get extra points for consecutive days of playing and then its in my opinion absolutely no prob to play GOOD rounds and winning credits for the balls you need always again."

Constantly? No thanks, I think 4 to 5 days a week are enough, I have a life to live. OH, that bought up another point. I can ONLY play on a high end computer with high speed connections at work that are cache cleared every night. I had the IT guys look at the play here and they also told me the meter problem is NOT from on this end.

"But also i have to say that there is no garantie that you getting better if the game is nothing for ya, if you dont hit constantly the dot meter and to learn reading greens that you hole out enough putts more far away."

Now you have something there I cannot disagree with, EXCEPT for the uphill lie that blows past the hole 2 feet and I STILL have an uphill lie from the opposite side. Or as I like to say...HUH? WTF was THAT??

Thats not the problem of the game !

Funny to call constant tough winds a game Problem :)

IF I lived in a wind tunnel I could understand the constant wind...I read posts from locals from St Andrew that said ( I am paraphrasing ) " The wind is like that occasionally". As a master it's "ALL WIND ALL THE TIME".

"If there is no challenge, no wind, fairways 200yards wide and tiers who allows to reach every green in  one shot....Nobody would play the game a longer time."

I never implied or wrote that.

"So....practice and get better or dont play the game any more, but such  frustrating threads never helps ya my friend."

Oh yea it does because I wanted to be just another of the thousands of posts saying the same...This is my post and I'm sticking to it.

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Thu, Nov 25 2010 8:36 PM

I do find the game so much like the real game that, that is what is almost appealing about as the unmatched grapics in any golf game I've played or heard of. I also find that if I'm rested when I play and in a good frame of mind it helps my play. Also like the real game if you have all your bills played and the least amount of distractions as you can possibly have helps like the real game too. As for the VEM it seems to frustrate me because it stays on for days at a time. Although afterward you find yourself hitting the best rounds you've ever played, while it's on playing a blitz like wolfcreek is an almost guarantee you will lose two balls per round. I just played Wii for the first time today and that was a joke. While it's fun swinging the handheld jobby and it does seem like there is more similarity to real golf in the physical way, The grapics aren't that good and you have a choice of driver, iron, wedge or putter only. Perhaps some games you can buy other than Wii sports there are better games on it.

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sat, Nov 27 2010 8:54 PM

Classic Moment.....14' away - 11" down - 2" off green on the fringe. I putt it 7 1/2' AND THE BALL MOVED ONE INCH.....The best part was I hit it the same way  with a hair more umph on it..AND THE MOVED ONE MORE INCH!!!!

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 6:59 PM

This sounds like the meter, fringe putt, putting distance deviations, ball lie deviations, club deviations after turning master, constant tropical store winds and VEM discriptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxfAjAyp5k

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sun, Nov 28 2010 10:40 PM

anthonyvp1:

This sounds like the meter, fringe putt, putting distance deviations, ball lie deviations, club deviations after turning master, constant tropical store winds and VEM discriptions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjxfAjAyp5k

LMAO

You've on to something there Anthony...."Turbo Encapulator".....Now I know what WGT thinks of their customers.....Turbo Ejaculatory    

• mohuyu
    891 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 12:13 AM

Anthony - clubs in no way react differently whatever your tier.

• Canada15
    84 Posts
    Mon, Nov 29 2010 10:41 PM
    i agree. clubs do react differently in time. i bought a driver and was unable to play bc i only hit 50 % of the fairways bc the meter was so fast. havent changed balls or driver and now i hit atleast 75 to 80. i dont think ive gotten that much better........ lol and ya they can lower their prices a TAD. meaning not much..... ( just so all u gung hoe idiots like bogeybuster dont create an entire forum of why the prices are excellent.) but it does get better in time. i was a 64 pro. went to a 70 master. and back down to a 67 master shooting the good scores again.
RSS