Forums

Help › Forums

I refuse to pay another dime...What about you?

Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:51 PM (77 replies)
  • anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 3:57 PM

When I turned pro, I bought new clubs, while a pro I added wedges. When I became a master I bought a driver. I was buying sd balls for a while. I realized when I leveled up to a master, NONE of the clubs, greens , rough, wind or sand play as they did before the level up.

I'll play with what I have now and never upgrade again. I could give a VERY long list of problems that are never addressed. I also will not list them because there are too many and frankly would be an even more waste of time.

I was wondering if there are others that feel the same.

Anthony

• blackbeard
    288 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 5:12 PM

Ditto - Give me the Master Lifetime Award right now.

• oneputtdavid
    1,337 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 6:28 PM

Anthony; maybe having more than 1 friend on this site would "level" you up!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not being rude or factious, just curious as to why you started "not paying another dime" thread. Sounds more like Frustrated with...........LOL

The situations that you stated (greens, rough, wind etc) are not only relevant to you, Most of the really good and elite players have spent alot of time practicing and playing to hone their game to overcome the conditions (easy or hard) that the course is playing for that round.     

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:01 PM

Shots don't play the same when you move closer or further away.

For example, on BPB #15, if I'm 70 yards out, I add 11 yards to my shot (after adjusting for the wind) in order to make it to the green, which is something like 22 ft above the hitting area.  When I'm 150 yards out, I add 16 yards onto the shot in order to make it up on the green.

On KIA 3, I used to drive to about 140 yards out, and hit the shot the exact same distance as the upper right hand corner said.  From the championship tees, I drive to about 195 yards out, and I hit 4 yards less than what the upper right hand corner says.  I have to do this because I am using a lower trajectory shot, and they will roll more once they hit the green.

Another example is BPB #8 (pretty sure it's #8, anyways -- the par 3 that is downhill like 25 ft.)  If the hole location is up front, I add 10 yards to my shot.  If the location is in the back, I add 16 yards to my shot.  The reason for this is that I have to use a 3-iron to reach the back location, but I use a 5-iron to reach the front location, and with the lower trajectory shot for the back location, my ball will be coming in at a shallow angle, with a lot of forward progress, and that 25 ft drop in elevation will translate into 16 yards as opposed to the 10 yards that I gain with the 5-iron.

Perhaps the very best example is KIA #18.  Prior to the changes, from the master tees, I drove to about 150 yards, and I would add 4-5 yards to the upper right hand corner.  From the legend tees, however, I drive to about 210 yards out, and instead of adding 4-5 yards, I subtract 4 yards.  The approach plays the complete opposite of how it used to.

Wind also affects different shots in different ways.

Simply put, when the tees move (as they did for you), when you get a significantly better driver, when you get new irons, etc. you have to change your shots.  They won't play the same anymore.

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:11 PM

I don't need to level up. I don't even care about how many "friends" I have. This statement is not to be taken as a complaint , please don't take it that way.

I payed to upgrade all my clubs then once becoming a master, they became a moot point. The playing conditions control the game. I could make shots before becoming a master that now are EXTREMELY hard to accomplish.

I've read what other players have written and agree with the general complaints. I will not get into specifics but there are there are serious issues with the playing conditions.

Once I became a master, the actual "playing" mechanics went beyond the "muscle memory" game play. The way my clubs react to my play completely changed one I became a master.

Yes, I know this is not "real golf". I also know if it was too easy the game would be boring.

I only play with the hardest conditions to keep learning the master way of playing. Sometimes it feels like WGT is saying... "oh yea?  go ahead and try to play with THESE conditions"!!!  LOL.   I'd LOVE to play with variable playing conditions sometimes.  I'd like to be able to flop my shots the way I did before becoming a master, as one example.   Thanks...Anthony

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 7:20 PM

Thanks CH...I understand the differences pin height, placement and the wind. what I'm trying to say is once I moved up I didn't expect 14 stimp rated greens, howling winds or a complete change of how the ball reacts off my clubs ALL the time

I know, I know...it's not real golf BUT it's become UNrealistic golf....BUT I'm still playing..LOL

• 101Armstrong101
    21 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 8:29 PM

Heres my complaint WGT staff if you care ?

l have spent more hard earned money on this game in these tough economical times than l care for my wife to know.

With that being said........l buy balls from your company to help my game and l dont mind losing balls when its my fault but to loose balls because of a jerky swing meter thats not my fault at all,it begins to make me wonder if it is a rigged deal ?

l can spend my hard earned dollar anywhere for entertainment but l choose to do it here, but 6 balls in 3 weeks because of a program error is unexceptable to say the least.

WGT what can you do for this unsatisfied paying customer to make this deal right, keep me happy and possibly keep me as a paying customer ?

lf l get no response l will learn how to hit the free balls and keep my money in my wallet.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sat, Oct 2 2010 9:45 PM

You've played no matchplay games either. You can learn a lot from playing with others. Just go onto your matchplay page and press the best match button to get someone near to your own standard or the anyone button to get anyone at all.

• dchallenger
    545 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 5:22 AM

What computer game has anyone ever played that doesn't get more difficult as you advance?  

just wunnerin'

d.  :)

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 12:39 PM

well said.....

RSS