Forums

Help › Forums

I refuse to pay another dime...What about you?

Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:51 PM (77 replies)
  • Angeltotti20
    296 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 9:55 AM

Give me the names of players as good as Avlee, BB, Price, Jake... that are playing starter or begginer clubs. No names? --> Best players play best clubs.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 2:26 PM

x1524807:

Clubs are for making you think you are a best player, but take away the clubs, and you cannot break par. Your ego is getting in the way of your brain

Are you saying that a player cannot improve his/her putting through time and practice? Are you suggesting a player cannot improve his/her pitching, chipping etc through time and practice?

Clubs can take you so far in a short period but playing and practicing can also see your game improve greatly in time...

• PRIESTESS
    10,704 Posts
    Fri, Dec 17 2010 11:08 PM

You also seem to have forgotten that when we only had starter clubs at kiawa  we were still shooting very low scores with them,in fact i have scored 7 under with them at kiawa,,When BP arived it was the first of the longer course arrivals,which was precceded by Oakmont,Now we can play starter clubs and adapt and play to a good standard,Or we can get clubs that make the game easier  more enoyable and allows us to be compettive,,Also the lenth of the legend tees makes it impossible to play with starter clubs because we wont reach some fairways LOL,And the green is Ice,lol.,So  in my opinon if i am to play something for a considerable amount of time i would like to enjoy it,There is no way a legend can play now off these tees with starter clubs its impossible,, the game is moving on in and i like to move with it,

• 6packmike
    235 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 12:11 AM

A sale on balls would be nice once in a while especially for us veterans of the game who have supported wgt for a long time. If you needed to reach a certain level to be eligible for the sale, there's a lot of incentive to play and gain experience levels. Would wgt dare take such a risk?

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 2:12 AM

Hi Anthony

Ive been reading this post and IM going to try to offer you some explanation and perhaps can offer some help.

I was looking at your set. I didn't look at your level points to see where you are.

The Raptors are a great club for the pro's. There are some problems with them once you move back to the Master tee's.

Nivloc wrote a beautiful explaination about how v.e.m. works. You should search for it.

In a nutshell, lets take the starter clubs with low precision and use 5 irons from that set, your Raptures, and the Master g-10 irons that I love.

The precision of the starter set is very poor. This explanation isn't accurate, just trying to give you a rough idea how things work. With this club the ball could end up anywhere in a 20 yard circle even on a perfect hit. The starters again have the highest % of deviation possible. Do to the lowest precision possible, V.E.M. deviations will come up more often than with a more precise club. The forgiveness basically gives you more room for error on the snap.

Lets move on now to the Raptures, (the good ones.) This 20 yard circle now becomes 16 yards. You now have alittle more precision, (V.E.M. variables are reduced) occasionally you may miss-hit a shot and V.E.M. could actually give you a better shot than you deserved. Your snap now is alittle narrower. Trajectory is also better giving you better stopping power and control.

Moving on to the G-10's. The circle of deviation now reduces to around 12 yards. You have a noticeable improvement in the amount of V.E.M. deviations, distance, trajectory, and more V.E.M. results that make some bad shots better, and have a great deal better stopping power. Of course you have to deal with a faster meter and less room for error.

The longer you hold your back-swing with any club the narrower you room for error around the snap becomes.

IM by far just the avg. Tour Master. Someday I will make Legend and will have done it by alot of playing. Ive been at this for nearly 2 years. One thing I know is that with alittle thought, Ive found that I deserve most of my bad shots and can still achieve good scores by improving my short game for those days I just cant get my eyes working with the meter.

As far as meter stumble problems. Different browsers have been discussed. There are many programs that keep your computer clean and running error free (very important).

And having minimum computer stats that exceed WGT's minimum standards really make an enormous difference.

There has been a ton written about V.E.M. and its pretty much split in the community. IMHO, It helps keep the scores alittle more accurate to what pga tour pro's shoot. Not for our very best players, but for us avg. joe's.

Anthony, I hope this feeble attempt help's you understand the game alittle better.

Have fun, your game will improve as well as your enjoyment of it, if you can understand everything and accept the good with the bad. Be the leaf in the river grasshopper.

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 8:20 AM

PRIESTESS:
    .,So  in my opinon if i am to play something for a considerable amount of time i would like to enjoy it,T

for sheer enjoyment, how about a driver that hits 500, a putter that is 100% accurate, and now you can enjoy yourself with a 36 for 36

Most golfers take 10 years to shoot an 80, but this game you start at 120, and within 30 days you are shooting 75. Then you buy clubs and you are shooting 65. 

IS THAT THE ENJOYMENT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

To me, enjoyment is using regs, and trying to break my best score, that is real enjoyment

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 9:11 AM

x1524807:

Most golfers take 10 years to shoot an 80, but this game you start at 120, and within 30 days you are shooting 75. Then you buy clubs and you are shooting 65. 

IS THAT THE ENJOYMENT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT

To me, enjoyment is using regs, and trying to break my best score, that is real enjoyment

This isn't real golf. Just in case you are hard of thinking........

• x1524807
    776 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 9:20 AM

tiffer67:
    This isn't real golf. Just in case you are hard of thinking........

oh my goodness, a real genius has spoke, Nobody said it is real golf, this is mousketeer golf, BUT, if you could read past 3rd grade level you would have understood the gist of the conversation. WE WERE DISCUSSING ENJOYMENT OF THE GAME, NOW SHUT YOUR STUPID MOUTH

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 10:15 AM

Lol...swing that handbag......

• thebigeasy707
    5,885 Posts
    Sat, Dec 18 2010 11:01 AM
    can't you just feel the love in this thread. rofl tbe
RSS