Forums

Help › Forums

I refuse to pay another dime...What about you?

Wed, Apr 23 2014 12:51 PM (77 replies)
  • anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 2:13 PM

This is a sport game ...NOT an action rpg game....the player gets better and he/she CHOOSES to play harder courses.

If it was a baseball game....as you hit better does the bat  change so it hits with less distance? Or would the pitches be over 100mph all day and all night all the time?....

I never played golf where the wind blew 20 mph or the greens rolled the ball like a marble floor EVERYTIME .  I learned to make shots from all over BUT as soon as I became a master it's a true crap shoot as far as the game play is concerned.

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 2:15 PM

Match play has no bearing on what I wrote. Thanks for your input.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 2:19 PM

dchallenger:
    What computer game has anyone ever played that doesn't get more difficult as you advance?  

This, I believe, is what keeps the VEM premise alive. Whether or not is is used ( and why would you patent something you wouldn't use? ) this is the way it was designed to work-make the game harder the more you improve. When you understand that please let me know.  :-)

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 2:44 PM

Y J, The  VEM statement I get ...to a point.. this is the ONLY golf game  I EVER played through a computer OR in real life where there IS NOT  a true variant in the green speeds or  wind directions. One round SHOULD be medium speed greens with 8 mph winds (coming from one direction) and the next round 18 mph and very fast green speed with similar wind changes.

Again.....EVEN the major courses have variables NOT to the extreme we have to play....don't get me wrong...I like the site very much BUT every day ?????   with no let up?

I the second part of what I was trying to say is when I became a master, The SAME shots became so unrealistic for example...I could flop a ball within a foot of wherever I wanted to place it  (from a good lie) as soon as I moved up in rank, every thing changed.

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 3:19 PM

Anthony-I am so with you on what you're saying. The way I justify it is by thinking there are so many variables that would have to be programmed that it becomes prohibitive to include all of them. When I first started the only thing you could do was play BPB. There weren't club choices like today so you did the best you could. You were tested. The evolution of the game has been such that there is a huge variance now, compared to what it used to be, and it will get better. Clubs are better, pins are moved around, winds change, etc. 

A year from now there will be more courses, more options and more variables. That's the drawback to getting hooked on a Beta version of something-it's constantly getting better but not at the rate that human nature wants it to. Heh-stick around and peep this thread a year from now!   :-)

• anthonyvp1
    212 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 3:41 PM

YJ...Thank you on the manner you took my posts and meaning. I appreciate your thoughts and tone of conversation. I have written a few times before and was handled with disdain, ridicule with smart A$$ and pompous replies. Not all ...just a few..Thanks again...Anthony

P.S.

I cannot play at home on the laptop...it's tiresome with the meter problems there. I get to play at work on break. This computer is cleared and cleaned every night automatically so it plays almost perfect.

• Doublemochaman
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 3:47 PM

Anthony... YankeeJim is a good guy, made a bit difficult these days with this upstart Tampa Bay team giving him migraines.

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Sun, Oct 3 2010 6:01 PM

thanks for the error in game wgt apologises  during my matchplay game for 200 credits the glitches during my ready gos  the stroke play games all 14 that could not continue  due 2 1 disconnection what do i look like a fn bank  thats over a 1000 credits alone wasted this week let alone the balls u have to buy cause the meter glitches and ur ball decides to go off screen i dont like 2 complain usually but serious what a joke ready gos can go jump equipment buying can go jump anything that cost credits till sorted can go jump honestly its like throwing ur  money in a hole that says thank you goodbye have a nice day enough said ....

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 5:28 AM

LOL-Was actually hoping not to have to play Texas in a short series.  They can make life miserable more than the Rays!  :-) 

• aussieguyadam
    602 Posts
    Mon, Oct 4 2010 6:07 AM

RSS