Forums

Help › Forums

Pro Shop Equipment Tables

Tue, Apr 2 2024 2:02 AM (559 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2016 5:38 AM
    SimonTheBeetle:
    Has there ever been any previous case in which WGT launched a sales promotion or discount before removing one of their golf balls from the pro shop?
    I don't recall a brand of balls being removed from the pro shop since I've been on here.

SimonTheBeetle:
    My agony is... What if I bought a pile of NIKE balls and then WGT would launch a massive sales promotion before removing them, just like the way they're doing with the NIKE clubs right now. Or on the contrary to that, what if I waited till the end of November and then desperately seeing all the NIKE balls gone along with the clubs all of a sudden overnight?
    As far as I'm aware, WGT has not specifically stated that the Nike range of balls will be removed from the pro shop along with the clubs at the end of November 2016. As to whether or not you buy a pile of Nike balls before the assumed deadline only you can decide. But as there have been numerous threads about this issue, and WGT have not yet made any comment, I can only assume that they don't themselves know the answer. I would be very surprised if the Nike range of balls was removed from the pro shop without any word from WGT, so until they say something about it, I would hang on to your credits/cash.  : )

Just seen this.
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2016 6:19 AM

pdb1:
    Buy every ball you can.

There's one Simon inside of me who's anxiously crying out the same as you. "BUY THEM WHILE YOU CAN!" Based on the link provided by Scott, I think I'll wait and see what happens in December.

Thanks for your opinion, pdb1. :-)

ScottHope:
    As far as I'm aware, WGT has not specifically stated that the Nike range of balls will be removed from the pro shop along with the clubs at the end of November 2016. As to whether or not you buy a pile of Nike balls before the assumed deadline only you can decide. But as there have been numerous threads about this issue, and WGT have not yet made any comment, I can only assume that they don't themselves know the answer. I would be very surprised if the Nike range of balls was removed from the pro shop without any word from WGT, so until they say something about it, I would hang on to your credits/cash.  : )

Just seen this.

Perfectly answers my question, Scott.

Seems like I still got some time at least up to December.

Thanks, buddy, as always. ;-)

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2016 7:23 AM

Thank you Simon.

pdb1:
      I don't get why WGT couldn't just create a line of balls from Hack to Champion . With all the specs and features of the top brands . It's their game . No one could do it better . 

They could, and may well do that, but of course there's no advertising revenue coming in if they go that route.
  • conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Wed, Nov 23 2016 3:19 PM

I wonder why Titlest bein such a hard ass...WGT could give up 10% gross for permission,  and prolly gain 15 % in sales...any thoughts wgtchamp ?

• mathia14
    1,271 Posts
    Thu, Nov 24 2016 8:20 AM

pdb1:

SimonTheBeetle:
    On which side would you take a chance if you were in my shoes?

Buy every ball you can . 

But what are you going to do when all the Nike balls you bought are used up??

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 1:49 AM

Tables updated. 1 new putter, 2 rebranded balls.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 4:12 AM

Thanks for the Info, Very well done/Informative, 

The only thing i spotted when i glanced over it was that the L 92+ NIKE Vapor Fly Pro Iron's weren't in your list but the lower level 80+ are. I spotted this because i have my eye on them. Alas they'll be gone by the time i get from L89 to L92 :( 

The trajectory (high) is the same in both sets, As is the forgiveness (3.0), Shot Shaping (0.5) & Meter Speed (4.0)  Apart from the price, 3,295 compared to 4,495 the main differences are Average Distance 220-115 compared to 225-120, Precision goes up from 4.5 to 5.0 & Spin goes up from 3.5 to 4.5 

Ken

RSS