Forums

Help › Forums

Pro Shop Equipment Tables

Wed, Feb 28 2024 6:21 AM (552 replies)
  • ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 10:04 AM

Thanks for your comments Ken. All the Fly Pro irons are in the table, but the levels shown for all the Nike clubs are their original levels, not the 5 level reduction introduced by WGT prior to Nikes (alleged) disappearance from the shop.

• Kenher01
    1,151 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 10:28 AM

Ah, Thanks Scott, 

I see now said the blind man (I couldn't see the wood for the tree's) 

So the L 97's are the L 92's in The Pro Shop at the mo. As you said for how much longer, we'll see 

Ken

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 12:05 PM

Ah! Another quick update from Scott. :-) Nice job, my friend!

By the way, is there anyone feel like being a total sucker after seeing all the NIKE equipment still very much available in the pro shop? Well, I do...

I really rushed to move up to L92 and get the NIKE Fly Iron Set in November. (I even purchased that XP Ultra Boost thing that cost me over 5,000 credits. LOL)

OK, WGT... You got me. A nice one! Bravo!!

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 1:45 PM

Thanks Simon.
    Has there been any communication from WGT as to why Nike clubs are still in the shop?

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 7:22 PM

@Scott

No, I didn't bother asking. In fact, I want Nike to stay.

• K7JBQ
    1,468 Posts
    Thu, Dec 15 2016 8:54 PM

Yes, it would. But it's highly unlikely. Once equipment has been discontinued IRL, the same has happened here. I don't see this changing.

What I think is happening is that the replacements have not been forthcoming as expected, so  WGT  got an extension from Uncle Phil. That would make sense for both sides, as Nike stuff is still available in pro shops.. 

• igolfdoyou1
    896 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2016 12:54 AM

It seems that either nike products have been extended because all of the sudden several people have buying them like hotcakes,or this was the intention with the whole 'hurry and buy nike before it leaves'..Not the first time a corporation has done this by the way.

• ScottHope
    10,006 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2016 8:43 AM

In response to Kens post (previous page) and the uncertainty of how long Nike will remain in the pro shop, I have changed the level of all the Nike clubs in the table to reflect the 5 level reduction introduced by WGT in October.

• mnshiner
    1,382 Posts
    Fri, Dec 16 2016 12:56 PM

ScottHope:

SimonTheBeetle:
    Has there ever been any previous case in which WGT launched a sales promotion or discount before removing one of their golf balls from the pro shop?
    I don't recall a brand of balls being removed from the pro shop since I've been on here.

SimonTheBeetle:
    My agony is... What if I bought a pile of NIKE balls and then WGT would launch a massive sales promotion before removing them, just like the way they're doing with the NIKE clubs right now. Or on the contrary to that, what if I waited till the end of November and then desperately seeing all the NIKE balls gone along with the clubs all of a sudden overnight?
    As far as I'm aware, WGT has not specifically stated that the Nike range of balls will be removed from the pro shop along with the clubs at the end of November 2016. As to whether or not you buy a pile of Nike balls before the assumed deadline only you can decide. But as there have been numerous threads about this issue, and WGT have not yet made any comment, I can only assume that they don't themselves know the answer. I would be very surprised if the Nike range of balls was removed from the pro shop without any word from WGT, so until they say something about it, I would hang on to your credits/cash.  : )

Just seen this.

And that just seen this was a crock of you know what. They have taken the community for a ride down the yellow brick road.

RSS