Help › Forums

Re: Nike balls

rated by 0 users
Tue, Dec 6 2016 4:33 AM (30 replies)
  • phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2016 7:34 AM

ct,

Any resembence i show to talent and touch is purely coincidence.  And sadly, due to meds i now take for an autoimmune condition beer consumption is a hugh no no.  :-(

As far as your choice in poetry I tend to lean more towards the following:

Here lies the body of Mary Lee; died at the age of a hundred and three. For fifteen years she kept ...  you get the picture.

phred952

• phred952
    2,714 Posts
    Sat, Nov 12 2016 7:51 AM

cadornette:

I think you have to be really careful with the high level Nikes. You have to play lots of rounds before getting really used to them. That's why I never buy a ball with massive spin. It's dangerous sometimes. Until last month, I used the Callaway Chrome Soft Balls (L33+), which are great balls. Nice spin, and smooth meter speed for my clubs. A few days ago, I started using the Nike 20XI-S balls and I can tell they're amazing, for a very cheap cost of 400 cr. It's the ones I would recommend. Like I've read in other comments: you should buy the great balls just when you feel your game is really on shape. Take care, 

Joel

You can learn to control the spin by the tried and true method of "pratice, pratice, pratice" as you said:  lots of rounds to get used to them.  I used the Cally L33 for a long time as my ball of choice for Tournaments.  For rounds with friends I would use the WGT G13-S.

Then I needed a ball with a slower meter and felt that the Nike L61 was a much better buy (more bang for your buck, if you will) compared to the 3.5 meter Callys.  

A few months ago I got to where I needed things even slower.  I went to the Nike Blacks, compared to any of the Max balls, again because of ball performance.  For a while things got so bad i purchased the Max Meter L94 Irons.  I guess I am a WGT junkie.

Thanks to my Doctor making a change, I am now able to play with better swing control.  I can use less expensive balls for rounds with friends.  However I do like the performance I get with the Nike Blacks.  So I will probably be one of those who stocks up before the end of the month. 

So many people use the higher performance balls it will be interesting to see what WGT does to replace the Nikes if/when they leave.  Not offering a ball with those specs would cut into company revenue a lot, I would think.

phred952

• krskfr
    458 Posts
    Sat, Nov 19 2016 11:54 PM

Can someone from WGT clarify if Nike Balls will still be available to purchase in the pro shop in December? A pop up screen appears showing that at the end of November Nike equipment will no longer be in the pro shop, so does this mean balls too? Will some of us Champs who only know the intricacies of how the Nike's perform have to load up and buy a lot now before December hits? Hoping someone with knowledge can elaborate. Cheers mates.

• WGTChampion
    1,891 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2016 5:30 AM

krskfr:

Can someone from WGT clarify if Nike Balls will still be available to purchase in the pro shop in December? A pop up screen appears showing that at the end of November Nike equipment will no longer be in the pro shop, so does this mean balls too? Will some of us Champs who only know the intricacies of how the Nike's perform have to load up and buy a lot now before December hits? Hoping someone with knowledge can elaborate. Cheers mates.

Definitely load up now. I don't believe balls will be removed at the same time as the clubs, so you should have more time to stock up on those. 

_CHAMPION

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2016 9:52 AM

WGTChampion:

krskfr:

Definitely load up now. I don't believe balls will be removed at the same time as the clubs, so you should have more time to stock up on those. 

_CHAMPION

again, who is Champion, and if he is from wgt why not a definitive answer ?

• alosso
    21,034 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2016 10:46 AM

He's a mod, and anybody with a name starting with "WGT" is working (and answering) for the company, representing them and their interests.

I'm guessing that you won't get any more precise answer.

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2016 11:05 AM

alosso:

He's a mod, and anybody with a name starting with "WGT" is working (and answering) for the company, representing them and their interests.

I'm guessing that you won't get any more precise answer.

I'm guessin you're right...In 1960's England, a "Mod" was like...Rod Stewart lol

• ct690911
    7,195 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2016 11:58 AM

conveyorguy:

WGTChampion:

krskfr:

_CHAMPION

again, who is Champion, and if he is from wgt why not a definitive answer ?

You're a level 103 legend, and didn't know "WGT" in front of a golf name identifies a Mod?...oi vey

Alosso (Paul) is correct.

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 20 2016 12:13 PM

I do now lol..learning as I go...thanks CT :)

• Mbubbers
    20 Posts
    Tue, Nov 29 2016 12:49 PM

just wondering.... since WGT has their programming done for the Nike balls why couldn't they just add "WGT" where the Nike name is now and keep all the balls but under a new name. I played the RZN's and LOVE them. Been trying Volvik's.... they are pretty close in specs but the meter is too fast for an old guy like me. Thought you might put a bug in WGT's ear lol

RSS