Forums

Help › Forums

Pro Shop Equipment Tables

Tue, Apr 2 2024 2:02 AM (559 replies)
  • conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 1:02 PM

Will the info for Nike balls remain in this after the end of November ?

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 2:06 PM

I normally leave stuff that has been removed from the pro shop, in the table for about a month afterwards. But as there is quite a substantial amount of Nike equipment in the shop, I am going one step further than I normally do, and that is to make static images of all the Nike clubs and balls so that they can be viewed and their stats compared with any new equipment that WGT introduces to replace it.

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 2:22 PM

Wow that was quick lol...Thanx a boatload or all the work u put in here...WGT should be run by people like yourself, Paulton, Mrcaddie, pdb1, opeye, and a bunch of others.

Dang I gonna miss my Nike 81's..hope Callaway gets their....ummm...scientists together !

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 3:03 PM

Cheers bud, I appreciate the nice comments. Even with its flaws, it's a good game with a nice community.

You could always buy a shed load of Nikes while they're still available, although there appears to be some confusion about whether the balls will be disappearing at the same time as the clubs, or later, or never even. Guess we'll have to wait for confirmation from WGT on that.

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 3:11 PM

Trying to buy a case...no word on price yet...

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Fri, Nov 4 2016 3:35 PM

Hehe.  ; )

• SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2016 11:15 AM

ScottHope:

I normally leave stuff that has been removed from the pro shop, in the table for about a month afterwards. But as there is quite a substantial amount of Nike equipment in the shop, I am going one step further than I normally do, and that is to make static images of all the Nike clubs and balls so that they can be viewed and their stats compared with any new equipment that WGT introduces to replace it.

Will the NIKE balls be removed from the pro shop, too?! I thought only the NIKE clubs would...

Then it means I have to map another ball again?! When I did it with NIKE 20XI-X Balls (L71+) last time, it was a true pain in the a** (and expensive!) and I certainly don't wanna go through that again! :-(

• conveyorguy
    776 Posts
    Sun, Nov 6 2016 11:26 AM

Yup as far as anyone can tell....and how do u map a ball...that could come in handy

• ScottHope
    10,094 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 12:40 AM
    SimonTheBeetle :
    Will the NIKE balls be removed from the pro shop, too?!
    Personally speaking, I think they will be removed, but as far as I know, WGT has neither confirmed or denied this.
    conveyorguy :
    ....and how do u map a ball...that could come in handy
    Mapping a ball just means hitting it up and down a flattish fairway using various clubs with differing amounts of power and spin and noting its flight distance. Of course this wears out your ball, so some folks choose not to bother and just make notes during normal gameplay.
  • SimonTheBeetle
    3,504 Posts
    Mon, Nov 7 2016 5:35 AM

@ScottHope

Maybe I'll have to buy a whole bunch of sleeves in advance before they're gondie...

And thanks for explaining it to conveyorguy, Scott.

Cheers! :-)

RSS