Forums

Help › Forums

***Attention ALL NEW Legends***

Thu, Dec 15 2016 10:49 AM (85 replies)
  • JRTexas1949
    42 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 8:12 AM

I believe "alosso" has addressed this issue before.

But, is it true?  Is it possible for a member to make it to Tour Legend without having played the minimum (500) ranked rounds as a Legend?  Not that I would want, and no, I'm not searching for a (shortcut) here.

Though, I do know, that many WGT members have reached the Legend Tier by playing very few ranked rounds (even LESS than 100 ranked rounds).  Because, they played and won a ton of matches.  So, can a Legend get to the Tour Legend tier following this same path?

Personally, I think no member should be allowed to reach Tour Legend unless they have played at LEAST 500 ranked rounds.  Besides, in my way of viewing this, if a Legend does not play those 500 ranked rounds before reaching the Tour Legend Tier - HOW could they possibly expect to compete?

• CerinoDevoti
    3,232 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 9:57 AM

JRTexas1949:

I believe "alosso" has addressed this issue before.

But, is it true?  Is it possible for a member to make it to Tour Legend without having played the minimum (500) ranked rounds as a Legend?  Not that I would want, and no, I'm not searching for a (shortcut) here.

Once a Legend, beating Tour Legends in Match Play doesn't effect average as it does when in lower tiers. Alosso is correct. If we want to be TL's we all have to play the minimum rounds of 500 as a Legend.

Now stop worrying about this and go dirty your clubs up. :)))

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 1:58 PM

JRTexas1949:
    Now playing as a Legend - I realize what a huge learning curve it is to make it to Tour Legend.  The time, effort and talent.

Meh, just join a CC and set up your own tourneys and play BOF f9, SA f9, and BPB f9 under low wind.  All anybody has to do is shoot 30's.  That's the magic number. You'll get there in no time.  :-)

Edit:  But I did shoot a 61 (117th place) under heavy wind recently, so I gots a bit of skills.  ;-)

• nonstoptaxi
    51 Posts
    Fri, May 9 2014 12:44 AM

if any newbie lgend is reading.

it takes 1/2 months for any new legend to understand the longtee calculations.(dont write down anything else its not fun, every shot is a new shot)

its a fun game if you with play with right set of sticks(high traj irons, nice talking putter, clev wedge).

legend / tl is almost same, only sometimes we need to be gentle with the putter.

playing alt with others is the best part of this game. you always try to outdo their shots. so play more alts and have fun. in between sneak in few ranked rounds when you feel meter is most friendly with you. 

ram your putts dont be shy, good luck.

my 50cents , 2cents too cheap...

• Mcduff61
    1,753 Posts
    Fri, May 9 2014 8:43 PM

you've seen those cars driving around your neighborhood taking photos with the 360 degree camera on top, they take them for websites so you can look up an address. or whatever, they take 200,000 pictures in 5 hours if needed, it could not take months to photo a course, maybe 2 weeks, and more likely 4 or 5 days of good weather is realistic...Wgt does not send one person out to a course with they're iphone to take these photos..Paying to use the course in the game, and getting a time frame of availability would be much more difficult than taking pictures of a course I don't care if its 300,000 or 3 million.

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Mon, May 12 2014 9:28 AM

First thing I did when I reached legend was intentionally go out and shoot a mid 30s on a half-course.  I simply don't have the gear to make a run at tour legend.  I use very, very cheap balls.  I do well with them, but to think that I can hack it overall with guys who have credits to spare...nuh uh.

I also wanted to bag my average so that when I match, I hope that people see my average and not my MP win percentages and think "yeah I can beat this guy, he sucks...look at his average!".

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Mon, May 12 2014 9:37 AM

i love the honesty about being disingenuous MS 

• MichaelStroke
    2,066 Posts
    Wed, May 14 2014 10:12 AM

Hey, I have no reason to lie.  It's a video game.  It's hard enough for me to get a match game as is.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Wed, May 14 2014 4:08 PM

Mcduff61:

you've seen those cars driving around your neighborhood taking photos with the 360 degree camera on top, they take them for websites so you can look up an address. or whatever, they take 200,000 pictures in 5 hours if needed, it could not take months to photo a course, maybe 2 weeks, and more likely 4 or 5 days of good weather is realistic...Wgt does not send one person out to a course with they're iphone to take these photos..Paying to use the course in the game, and getting a time frame of availability would be much more difficult than taking pictures of a course I don't care if its 300,000 or 3 million.

We're not playing off of pictures...you should take a look on Youtube (I think it is) and see what it takes to make a course at WGT.

• GolfingJMan
    71 Posts
    Sun, Jun 1 2014 9:30 PM

Hi CerinoDevoti,

CerinoDevoti:
    If we want to be TL's we all have to play the minimum rounds of 500 as a Legend.

I've seen the idea that 500 ranked rounds is required before anyone can be eligible for promotion to Tour Legend repeated numerous times in these forums, particularly this often-quoted list.  Longtime players have asserted this idea as absolute fact.

jsweetcr:

geraldlarousse:

Oldbayrunner:

YankeeJim:

However, I've seen some Tour Legends with less than 500 total ranked rounds (one of them joined in 2010, became a TL in March this year, and still has less than 400 total ranked rounds), indicating that not "all have to play the minimum rounds of 500 as a Legend" and perhaps it is possible to "fake getting to TL."

Perhaps Tour "Legendhood" is sometimes arbitrarily conferred on particular players by a "committee" or "council" of some sort at WGT Headquarters.  And even though the general criteria required before Tour Legend promotion is conferred may be a threshold of at least 500 ranked rounds as a Legend with an avg. score of 60.000 or less, that criteria is not absolutely adhered to all the time for everyone.

Whatever the actual truth of the matter, I think it isn't easy for anyone (including veteran TLs) to emphatically assert as true absolute criteria for Tour Legendhood without absolutely understanding the "exact details" of WGT's promotion criteria—"exact details" that they have, so far as I currently know, chosen not to share.

Thanks,
    JMan 

RSS