Forums

Help › Forums

Re: Avg score

rated by 0 users
Tue, Feb 25 2014 2:35 AM (2 replies)
  • christiangolf2
    43 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 9:34 AM

I'd like to understand how the avg score is calculated.

Can anyone relate in detail  to my question, being given now my own avg score is 68.88, being a Tour pro.

Thanks to every one who'll answer me. In french preferently.

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Mon, Feb 24 2014 11:48 AM

We use an algorithm to determine when a player is eligible to move to a new tier, which takes into account a number of factors including number of ranked games played.  These numbers scale by tier, so as it's necessary to shoot a lower average to advance and to play more games to reach higher tiers.  For example, when you reach Tour Master, you will need to play a larger number of ranked rounds than you had as a Master, maintaining a low average, to tier up to Legend.

Additionally, WGT is  using more than just ranked stroke play scores to determine each player's average score and appropriate tier ranking. For obvious reasons we are not sharing exact details of these changes, but they include factoring in scores from players who perform well in tournaments and challenge games for credits. We still encourage the community's feedback on Sandbagging, but believe this is an important step to reducing the practice and keeping the game fair.

Finally, most of our top players have posted close estimates for players to try to gauge their progress in advancing tiers. Here is a good thread to read:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/p/9085/707139.aspx#707139

• alosso
    21,043 Posts
    Tue, Feb 25 2014 2:35 AM

christiangolf2:

I'd like to understand how the avg score is calculated.

Can anyone relate in detail  to my question, being given now my own avg score is 68.88, being a Tour pro.

For a TP, the best (lowest) 25 ranked scores *) in that tier are being used **). You can copy&paste them from your score history.

*) nine hole scores doubled (35 => 70), exclude the Par3 and Par5 courses.

**) ignoring the extras mentioned by WGTadmin.

You may need a few scores below 35 / 70 to advance.

When your average arrives at or below 67.00, you will tier up. Then, the average and the round count will be reset.

RSS