Help › Forums

***Attention ALL NEW Legends***

Thu, Dec 15 2016 10:49 AM (85 replies)
  • alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 11:00 PM

Jimbog1964:

spdemon:
    Hey jim the BOF does lower the avg correct ?

Chit yeah thanks for that I believe it does as does Bo hardest.  The BoPar 3/4/5 do not......Sorry :)

Wrong rumour has the best standing as it seems :(

As I wrote in post #2 of this thread:

Of all stroke play courses, only the Bo3 and Bo5 are excluded due to their Par deviating by 18 strokes to each direction.

The Par72 "Best of" courses do count to the average: BoF, BoH, Bo4. This is proven by average observation and calculation!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 11:08 PM

None of the above really counts. I don.t need to be better than anyone else that plays WGT. What I find most rewarding are friendships and relationships we develope while playing a competition of gol. Yes that condradicks me a bit, but its true. Friendships and Relationships rule!

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 11:09 PM

pdb1:

That's what I thought I read in forum about it being a counted
    round.Which I guess technically means you could play 500 b. o. par 3,
    or 4, or 5 rounds to get saturated but not tier up because your ave
    didn't move at all. Reminds me that I have met two different legends
    lately with 59 averages that hadn't played 500 ranked rounds yet.

It's obvious that only round whose scores do count will be counted to the number, against saturation. Otherwise, the addition of scores would be divided by too many rounds, tampering with the average.

Example: a 65 average from 100 rounds equals 6500 strokes. Add 100 rounds but discard their scores (e.g. Par3), the math would be 6500 / 200 - an unthinkable 32.5 average.

Again: Scores on Par4 courses count towards the average!

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 11:10 PM

alosso:

Jimbog1964:

spdemon:
    Hey jim the BOF does lower the avg correct ?

Chit yeah thanks for that I believe it does as does Bo hardest.  The BoPar 3/4/5 do not......Sorry :)

Wrong rumour has the best standing as it seems :(

As I wrote in post #2 of this thread:

Of all stroke play courses, only the Bo3 and Bo5 are excluded due to their Par deviating by 18 strokes to each direction.

The Par72 "Best of" courses do count to the average: BoF, BoH, Bo4. This is proven by average observation and calculation!

Interesting BoP4 counts.  Mind you if any one earns TL doing that 1 they may be the best player here:)......Thought I read it does not, but no good reason it should not being one flippin hard Par 72 lol.

• alosso
    21,040 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 11:20 PM

Jimbog1964:

Interesting BoP4 counts.  Mind you if any one earns TL doing that 1 they may be the best player here:)......Thought I read it does not, but no good reason it should not being one flippin hard Par 72 lol.

This!

In my CC, I recently set up a "Spring Storm" tourney, Bo4 F9 with heavy winds. Of my fellow Legends, always good for a 29 or 30, only two broke Par (35s).

The follow-up, "After the Storm", B9 with low winds, showed 4x 32 scores, most of the other Legends broke Par at least.

• alberich35
    858 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 12:55 AM

pdb1:

That's what I thought I read in forum about it being a counted
    round.Which I guess technically means you could play 500 b. o. par 3,
    or 4, or 5 rounds to get saturated but not tier up because your ave
    didn't move at all. Reminds me that I have met two different legends
    lately with 59 averages that hadn't played 500 ranked rounds yet.

If youre talking about legend tier, you dont need 500 ranked rounds. At least from hack tiers to legend you need 150 ranked rounds only (5+10+20+25+40+50)

• you need to play at least 5 ranked rounds as Hack before reaching Amateur
    • you need to play at least 10 ranked rounds as Amateur before reaching Pro
    • you need to play at least 20 ranked rounds as Pro before reaching Tour pro
    • you need to play at least 25 ranked rounds as Tour pro before reaching Master
    • you need to play at least 40 ranked rounds as Master before reaching Tour Master
    • you need to play at least 50 ranked rounds as Tour Master before reaching Legend
    • You need at least 500 ranked rounds as Legend before reaching Tour Legend

Otherwise, the average may also be improved by playing and winning scored match play against players who have higher tier than yours.

• Dougie4042
    4,399 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 3:30 AM

JRTexas1949:
    I have to take my hat off to those members who reached the Tour Legend Tier

Thanks!  ;-)

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 3:52 AM

• JRTexas1949
    42 Posts
    Thu, May 8 2014 8:04 AM

Hey, Dougie - You're very welcome!  Now playing as a Legend - I realize what a huge learning curve it is to make it to Tour Legend.  The time, effort and talent.  And every WGT player is just not going to make that TOP tier, no matter how hard they try.

To me, it's like saying, yes, a lot of amateur golfers would love to be on the PGA Tour, but, not every golfer has the talent.  Only the very best!

I don't know if I really have what it takes to make Tour Legend.  We'll see.

RSS