Forums

Help › Forums

***Attention ALL NEW Legends***

Thu, Dec 15 2016 10:49 AM (85 replies)
  • alberich35
    858 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 8:28 AM

@JR

"Anybody can make Legend" means what it says, no need to be an exceptional player to make legend. As you do notice my poor stats prove it.

The average over 50 rounds can only get better. One day or another we inevitably reach the tier legend
    and indeed the game becomes more difficult and there is probably less fun to play. Everyone is not videos games champion.

I invite you to go on "find WGT player" page and have a look on legend players averages. Only a very few of them are under 61. You can also check this in multiplayer game and see the difference between a real legend player and a guy who became legend in spite of himself.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 8:55 AM

alberich35:
    "Anybody can make Legend"

not so true 

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 9:15 AM

akin to someone not playing to stay on top rather than risk losing and playing.

niqueclyde:
    It is better to be in top 10% of legends then mediocre tour legend anyday.

adam scott could be world #1 by not playing The Players and staying home - but would rather play.

in other words - if mediocre - as you call us - TL's were still at Legend you'd surely not be top 10% @ Legend :))

just play - chips fall where they may and where they should - saying I'm a top 10% legend just says to me that the better legends you'd have to face got moved up cuz they should........like you.

Maybe I should just assume the 'game' isn't about the game but about the credits?  Maybe that's the take away from what you're saying.  To that I say pfftt lol

nut up :)

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 7:42 PM

Good post IMO.  Play all the courses and learn the game.  Don't get to TL by wearing out BPB F9 / some low wind BPB B9 when feeling adventurous.  You will have marvellous stats, and a game that does not match.  

pdb1:
    Those B.O. par 3,5,and maybe 4 rounds are not counted on your # average

Correct.

pdb1:
    But they do count as a ranked round towards saturation

This bit is not the case though. You already said they do not count towards to average correctly, and by definition once saturated the average can only come down.  If this were correct you could shoot 500 x par 3 rounds, and then 1 at BPB F9 and be a TL, and that don't happen.  To get TL you need 500 RRs, always excluding anything to do with BoCourses. shot within Legend tier that = 60 average.  Yes there may be the odd anomaly where someone has contacted WGt to have their FB account swapped or whatever but that's it basically.

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 7:44 PM

Nice post pdb1 ive got over 2000 total ranked rounds 60.41 avg and the struggle just gets worse to lower it some games r good others bad just shot 29 and it didnt even move .01 like it usually does so i got a long way yet to go lol

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 7:46 PM

Jimbog1964:

Good post IMO.  Play all the courses and learn the game.  Don't get to TL by wearing out BPB F9 / some low wind BPB B9 when feeling adventurous.  You will have marvellous stats, and a game that does not match.  

pdb1:
    But they do count as a ranked round towards saturation

This bit is not the case though. You already said they do not count towards to average correctly, and by definition once saturated the average can only come down.  If this were correct you could shoot 500 x par 3 rounds, and then 1 at BPB F9 and be a TL, and that don't happen.  To get TL you need 500 RRs, always excluding anything to do with BoCourses. shot within Legend tier that = 60 average.

Hey jim the BOF does lower the avg correct ?

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 7:49 PM

spdemon:

Chit yeah thanks for that I believe it does as does Bo hardest.  The BoPar 3/4/5 do not......Sorry :)

• spdemon
    1,588 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 7:51 PM

Jimbog1964:

spdemon:

Chit yeah thanks for that I believe it does as does Bo hardest.  The BoPar 3/4/5 do not......Sorry:)

i thought so im to the point now where 29 or 30 wont move my avg but every so often if i need 28's im in trouble lmao 

• Jimbog1964
    8,378 Posts
    Wed, May 7 2014 7:56 PM

spdemon:
    29 or 30 wont move my avg but every so often if i need 28's im in trouble lmao 

Just keep banging em in mate.  People like Alosso has all the math, but 500 x 30s and it's TL for you whether something shows average wise up each time (digits of high decimals etc etc which as say others have the science for lol).  60 is the threshold however you get there:)

Cheers

RSS