Forums

Help › Forums

***Attention ALL NEW Legends***

Thu, Dec 15 2016 10:49 AM (85 replies)
  • mikkibednar
    6 Posts
    Mon, Jan 12 2015 8:30 AM

Great insight JR: I've played 105 Rounds as a Leg-End, 395 Rounds to go. Should be there in 3 Months.  BUT!!! (yes there's always a BUT!), It is going to cost me over £1,000 ($1,350) to get there, and then what? What happens when you are at the Summit of Everest? The achievement is the climb, not being at the Summit.  What the Hell, lets go for it!!!!! FMAGNETS, SEBICU, ETC WATCH OUT!!!! (Yeah in my dreams). Their only worry is being hit by my ball on an adjacent fairway :)  PS Gotta go, got to get some Rounds in! See you in 3, 4, 5 or 6 Months time when I become TL.. MIKKI................. 

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Mon, Jan 12 2015 11:20 AM

one thing that has changed is the ability to post a tournament for Legends off the red tees which enables them to shoot much lower scores.  After Saturation as a Legend getting your average down to 60 or below used to take a lot of games because you just didn't get that many rounds in the mid to upper 20's to get a low average.

It's just my opinion but I think that the sandbagging rule (moving folks up for defeating someone in match play or in RG's so they don't have tee advantage) and the red tee capability have pretty much "'weakened" the Legend/Tour Legend tiers and have taken away so much from what so many worked so hard for.

• Mushy01
    2,567 Posts
    Sat, Feb 21 2015 7:33 PM

My games crap, even with the odd red tee comps I can't make Tour leg end , my game is just not there and probably never will be.

Have I enjoyed my time?

Most of the time yes

I'm a golfer , never been a gamer, the friends I met, true friends may I add are second to none.

I'll keep plodding on, probably meeting a lot more friends I hope.

P.S

I play any game that is offered to me anywhere , anytime be it a bad game or a good one & any tier.

ITS STILL BLOODY HARD

• Priesum
    2,009 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 2:26 PM

Mushy01:
    I'm a golfer , never been a gamer, the friends I met, true friends may I add are second to none.

Mushy - amen to that!

Kelly

• patriciawilliams
    3,273 Posts
    Sun, Feb 22 2015 6:56 PM

Attention ALL NEW Legends....

There's lemonade sold on the 8th hole of Kiawah for only 10 cents a pop.

RSS