Forums

Help › Forums

Leveling and Tier Adjustments - Limited Offer - Master Equipment Sept 3rd

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:21 PM (120 replies)
  • XXBones
    58 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 11:45 AM

If I understand this correctly I'm still screwed. Before the changes I could have brought the Ping Rapture irons after making Pro level. Now I can't and have to get to level like 58...WHAT BS. 

Can't even get to a lot of greens in two on BPB with the starter clubs. WGT screwed me along with a lot of others -- huge. 

Little help here WGT...

• Chazzz7
    53 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 12:17 PM

We need a legend only driver some fairways can't even be hit

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 12:55 PM

Chazzz7:

You can purchase that driver when you reach level 92,  lol!

• danohi50
    1,020 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 1:00 PM

Im not a legend except in my own mind. They should have a driver that hits about 300..heck most pros these days can kill there drivers well over that. I didnt see anything in the pro shop like that unless i missed it.

• zagraniczniak
    1,984 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 1:02 PM

92, I don't know, but you can be darn sure WGT will bring in a 300+ yard driver, when things calm down, and it will be set to a certain high experience level.

And what's wrong with hitting into a green on a par 4 with a 3-iron or fairway wood? How many players in RL can reach a long par 4 with a short iron?

How many pro players in RL shoot anywhere near the scores you see routinely in WGT?

It's a round number.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 1:15 PM

Richard4168:

Chazzz7:

You can purchase that driver when you reach level 92,  lol!

At this rate that will take at least 6 months of constant playing

• XXBones
    58 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 1:58 PM

Chazzz7:

Point is, it's not just Masters and Legends who have the problem. Amateurs  and Pros can't reach many par 4's in two shots because the equipment they can buy is maxed out.  Let us spend our money WGT and let us enjoy the game. 

• ibprime
    265 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 3:26 PM

I have always wondered why the game conditions were pre set depending on tier/level..., why can't the players or more specifically the host of match decide what the settings are..  (wind, speed/firmness of greens, tees ect.... ) I understand that for Ready Go and other Tourney  rounds that WGT should select the conditions....  but for Match Play Challenge and the like, it should be left up to the player to pick conditions.  There are more than a few Mater and Legend players that would struggle if they had to play on Slow greens.  

• LordPercy
    58 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 6:24 PM

TBO, I can sympathise with the Legends on some issues, but no matter what changes are made there is always going to be people who aren't happy. There are aspects of this game that have always and continue to piss me off...choppy and inconsistent meters have cost me some great rounds.Shooting a 33(which under any condition is a great round) then finding 12 or 15 players go under was taking a lot of the fun away, so in that regard I applaud the new tiers...it means players like me who are able to shoot a good score relatively often have the opportunity to win the odd tournament without running into the 28/58 averages.

But it's just a matter of hanging in and enjoying the game, WGT have started to seem to listen to and act on major gripes...to me this is a plus.

• Neil426
    142 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 7:03 PM

Wgt I'm glad to see ur lining ur pockets with all the cash ur getting and forcing loyal players out. The only way to move up in levels with any speed is to play ready go's which u get 10.00 a ready go. Hmm ...  I don't mind a challenge and welcome one. But you have totally screwed the legends with your changes. I don't mind green speed changes just something else to learn but to add longer tees and expect us to deal with it. Tour masters length doesn't change and all the have to to is learn greens. Its ridiculous for for u to expect us to be able to compete with tour masters when we are hitting 75 percent of our approaches in from 200 out and cant stop the ball. Common get real. I'm sure u plan to roll out new equipment for legends but Im sure it will have a high experience level to get. At this rate most legends will not get to level to buy. If there is no changes for the this game or legends ur going to lose lots of players. I'm one who is not willing to pay for experience levels like some are. Do something WGT fix this mess lets us play

RSS