Help › Forums

Leveling and Tier Adjustments - Limited Offer - Master Equipment Sept 3rd

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:21 PM (120 replies)
  • Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:44 PM

CharlemagneRH:

You can get the regular V2 at level 28, or, if it takes you a while to make master, you can get the 2010 V2 at level 37.

Only interested in the former Pro one tbh, as it offers a little bit more distance than the WGT 245 yarder I have. But then I have to get to level 57 first. Maybe next year :D

Just found it strange the Pro version isn't available when other Pro drivers are available in the week-sale now.

• chop948
    378 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:09 PM

My biggest gripe is why push back the legends to the championship tees but not reward us with a driver to compensate..the masters who tee off from the blue tees with the same driver that i own have a distinct 60-70 yard advatage..at least give us the equipment to make it fair

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 6:26 PM

chop948:

My biggest gripe is why push back the legends to the championship tees but not reward us with a driver to compensate..the masters who tee off from the blue tees with the same driver that i own have a distinct 60-70 yard advatage..at least give us the equipment to make it fair

I agree, there need to be legend only drivers. 

• Hobie1
    40 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:20 PM

To start: I am one of the lucky players who woke up to find himself a master on 9/1.  For the last two days, I was as up in arms about the lack of opportunity to buy a "master" tier driver as everyone else in my position but after playing enough rounds to advance a level, I notice that I can generally hit fairways and greens in regulation.  It will still take me a while to get my average back down to where it was but I think it will be an interesting challenge.

I'm going to have to duck the stones for the comment I'm about to make but I think I'll stick with my pro driver that I was fortunate enough to purchase before the update.  I have an excellent set of wedges and quite a good putter so if I can get within 100 yards, I have a shot at a good hole.  I think I may spend my credits on good balls rather than the new driver that I had my eyes on.

I'll have to be darned lucky to hit a par four in one or a par five in two but at my current skill level (master) that's about realistic.

If and when I ever make it to tour pro or legend tier, I will have to purchase a new driver to reach several fairways at least t but at the moment I think I'll stick it out with the status quo.

I'd just like to say that I love the chance to play golf in one way or another and will stick it out for the long run.

h

• Daveey
    35 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:42 PM

Can anyone tell me why I can't play alot of the 9 or 18 unlimited rounds?

"Your current tier does not qualify you to play in this tournament"

I do see that some are marked for master or legend, but the regular ones are not even letting me play.

I can't seem to figure out this setup...

I played one of them on monday, everything changes and I try to play another 9 holes unltd and I get that message!

What is going on?

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:45 PM

Thanks for listening WGT, Can we have a slower metered SD ball now please, it's all I ask.

• Naughtyone
    873 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:00 PM

How about the Legend tiers?  Would you offer us a  "Legend Driver and irons"  to match the increase off most tees we face? When the fan is against us on some holes -my best drive is 270--280..and still have a 3 iron or wood into the greens.

I would like to see some  5-- 7 woods added in the 245--260 range.. I was caught between the numbers when the new tiers came out..not even qualified to be a Legend .

Legends should have been ranked by their overall records..not just average. Total rounds played..Driving  accuracy..G.I.R.. putting  etc..

I still like the PGA's way of dealing with the tour. If someone's average falls below the standard for their tier,say a Master, their equipment should be "locked out" --not lost, until they can earn their card again for that tier.It would encourage those to keep their Pro clubs--just in case they lost their card.

Am I making too much sense here? Sorry--just repeating what I've heard on the courses.

It evens it out across the board for all of us..and the hackers --well it would limit their impact on the site also.

I would gladly go back to Master or even Pro to enjoy the game the way it was meant to be. At present, I feel in limbo--as do alot of my friends here.

• chrisc2u
    1 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 5:45 AM

I am a tour pro and don't see any additional clubs unlocked or extended sale. Anyone else? WGT, please fix this so I can upgrade my clubs.

• ironking34
    749 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 2:53 PM

WGTadmin2:

In regards to the tees, Legend players are very good and we hope you embrace the challenge.

Until we have a legends driver with a decent meter speed the game will not be fair or fun for us so called Legend.  Also why have so much legend, A legend should be a unique player there are two many legends.....High Winds, faster greens, longer Tees.....WOW....did we just get punish?

• KingTuck
    593 Posts
    Sat, Sep 4 2010 5:55 PM

I'm going to sing the same tune that most every other "legend" is singing....something needs to be done about the tee boxes or further hitting clubs need to be made available to legends. Are we supposed to be so good in your eyes that a 190 yd. legend approach vs. a 135 yd. tour master approach is considered leveling the playing field? I'm having a hard time with that. I'll keep playing my tail off, try having fun and try to get better but I think this should be highly re-considered.

Tuck

RSS