Help › Forums

Leveling and Tier Adjustments - Limited Offer - Master Equipment Sept 3rd

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:21 PM (120 replies)
  • VilaRestal
    95 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 2:11 AM

WGTadmin2:

During this upcoming week (Friday, Sep 3rd – Friday Sept 10th) players who are Pros and above will be able to access to select equipment which was previously available before the changes to Tiers and Level.  This means that if you are a Pro or higher, you will be able to visit the Pro Shop and purchase some of the equipment previously available.  In addition, we will be extending the 25%-off Clearance Sale prices formerly available on this gear. This is a one-time offer, so please take advantage of it for a limited time.

Don't people realise? This was the plan all along!

They get you all irate and demanding access to better clubs and then, for a limited time, give you access to them.

Then after that they will release new, better clubs. Maybe change the system again - et voila! - you want to buy those clubs now (until the next change).

Anyone who takes 'advantage' of this 'offer' is a sucker.

Seriously WGT, you're behaving like drug dealers. But, happily, I think you'll find it backfires. Those few foolish enough to rush to buy will be greatly outnumbered by those who are put off buying anything because of your blatent manipulation and lack of respect for your customers.

Whoever the 'marketing genius' is at WGT who dreamt up this scheme is a fool and will lose you money.

And if WGT or anyone else says I'm wrong: prove it:

Unlock all clubs and promise to keep it that way. Don't have 'limited offers' geared to recent 'moving the goal posts' changes. Apologise for your mistreatment of your customers and demonstrate greater respect in future. (Proving a lie is tricky is it not?)

Maybe, in time, some of us may trust you enough to spend some money here. (Forcing money out of a few Masters and Legends will not be enough to counter the damage that has been done.)

I'm thankful it takes a week for money to go through PayPal, otherwise I might have spent some here before I saw how little respect WGT have for their customers.

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 2:43 AM

Pangaea:

The meter of the faster clubs is just too fast for me to control, so when/if I make Master it's going to be very tough to compete from further back.

I thought that too until I was shunted up two tiers. But take it from me, you soon get used to it.

• kwilley1269
    5 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 3:53 AM

can u please define stimpmetered i have no clue what that means 

• nickuk
    967 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 4:14 AM

undefined
    A very simple device (invented by Edward Stimpson) used to measure thespeed of a putting green

It's nothing more sophisticated than a small ramp designed to propel a golf ball at a standard initial velocity across a flat, level area of the green. The distance the ball travels before coming to rest is measured quite conventionally and this distance is expressed in whole feet. Fast greens, like those of The U. S. Open, rate about a 12 to 14 feet. Medium greens are in the 8-9 feet region. Soft greens can be 6 feet of roll or lower. 

Stimpson's intent was not to create a device for comparing greens at one course with greens at another. His objective was merely to allow a greenskeeper to maintain consistency from green-to-green within the same course. 

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 4:19 AM

piztaker:
    I thought that too until I was shunted up two tiers. But take it from me, you soon get used to it.

That's encouraging at least. I see you're using SD balls though, so that helps a little bit I guess. I just see what's happening to my 2.5 speed rated wedges. It's a big lottery where the meter stops, but the consequences isn't horrendous with a serious misshit here. But on a drive you're not ending up 5 yards off, but 50.

If it happens, it happens though. I'll just have to deal with it. Tried  practice round earlier on Bethpage. It was deffo tougher, but with the putting Gods smiling on me I reckon par should be possible.

Would have been interesting just to try out the black tees to see what the legends are talking about, but sadly that isn't an option. They're already shooting low-60s, though, so I honestly don't see what all the fuss is about.

• Green909
    3 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 7:13 AM

Well, regardless of motive, I think it is a good show that WGT is responding to constructive criticisms. 

As a Tour Pro – and I’m sure at the bottom of that tier at best – the green speeds have been the biggest challenge for me. 

WGT, please consider, while I personally appreciate your efforts to tame the greens keeper; a little more variety in tournaments would sure be welcomed.

Even on tour, with weather – not wind mind you, but the missing element in our make-believe land of dew soaked, wet, soft kept, or (gasp) dried out greens – it is reasonable for players to expect, accept, and adapt to the fact that there will be a fair amount of rounds played on greens slower or faster that a rock-solid (Tour Pro example only) S-10 every time they take a tournament round.

Please consider introducing significantly more green speed variety in Tourneys and RGs is all I intend to propose in that respect.

Green909

• piztaker
    5,743 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 7:27 AM

Pangaea:

piztaker:

That's encouraging at least. I see you're using SD balls though, so that helps a little bit I guess. I just see what's happening to my 2.5 speed rated wedges. It's a big lottery where the meter stops, but the consequences isn't horrendous with a serious misshit here. But on a drive you're not ending up 5 yards off, but 50.

I tried the slower meter balls for a while to get used to the faster metered clubs, and when I got used to that, I went back to the SD's.

• Green909
    3 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:08 AM

WGT, regardless of “special sales and limited time offers”, in no case – ever – should any tier player be in a position where the best club available to them under your normal operating and design conditions not reach a fairway from the tee with a perfect hit in zero wind. 

When you set it up so that one has to buy a sleeve of special balls to make that possible –considering that fictionally available best club is available and purchased – you set up a de facto pay-to-play-every-time situation that is clearly not the expectation of your customers.

That pretty much negates that implied promise to your consumers of no-purchase-necessary to be eligible to participate in skills or sweeps; true we can participate knowing we have no chance, but is that really what you meant to set up? 

I’d hope not. 

I’d expect that out of a business model for a carnival game but not from an otherwise stellar and professionally designed web-application.

A special offer to overcome a design flaw is nice but it doesn't fix the flaw ... though it certainly seems to confirm it.

Tell us this just isn't so ...better yet ... prove it ... please.

• WGBronco
    304 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 10:24 AM

WGT is acting like drug dealers, because we all are addicted tothios game so they ghave to treat us like the drug heads.  LOL

Bill G

• WGBronco
    304 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 10:25 AM

WGT is acting like drug dealers, because we all are addicted tothios game so they ghave to treat us like the drug heads.  LOL

Bill G

RSS