Forums

Help › Forums

Leveling and Tier Adjustments - Limited Offer - Master Equipment Sept 3rd

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:21 PM (120 replies)
  • WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 7:53 AM

We’d like to sincerely thank those of you who’ve provided thoughtful feedback regarding the introduction of new Levels and expanded Tiers, helping us to tune the system. We will be regularly evaluating the game to make it fair and rewarding for all players.  We’ve heard clearly from you that the most significant issue is the inability for existing high-tier players to buy virtual equipment to meet your new Tier challenges. Our top players are very important to us and to help ease the transition we are announcing the following:

During this upcoming week (Friday, Sep 3rd – Friday Sept 10th) players who are Pros and above will be able to access to select equipment which was previously available before the changes to Tiers and Level.  This means that if you are a Pro or higher, you will be able to visit the Pro Shop and purchase some of the equipment previously available.  In addition, we will be extending the 25%-off Clearance Sale prices formerly available on this gear. This is a one-time offer, so please take advantage of it for a limited time.

We’d also like to address another concern, which is lack of available Tournament play for new Tiers.   You will find that the Sep. 18-hole Unlimited tournament is currently open to new Tiers. Also, the week 37 tourneys starting new week will be include events for just Master, Tour Master and Legend players—and include higher payouts!

Last, but not least, the green speeds on WGT have been adjusted for the Legend and Tour Master Tiers.  The greenskeeper has been asked to tame his inner demons and save the championship green speeds for special events. Here are the general guidelines we have given the greenskeeper for regular play (actual green performance may vary):

Tier          Green Speed Stimpmetered

Hack               7.9

Amateur         7.9

Pro                  9.0

Tour Pro         10.0

Master            10.0

Tour Master    11.0

Legend            12.0

Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and thanks for helping us shape this product

WGT

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:13 AM

As someone who has been very critical let me be the first to say thank you for hearing us and making the changes so quickly......it is very much appreciated.

On a lighter note tell the wind dude at Saint Andrews to turn the fan down a notch, 18-21 on every hole is not funny! :-D

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:18 AM

GREAT NEWS! 

I am glad that you have taken the time to view the posts regarding equipment issues.  This will surely make everyone who was tier'd up happy.

Sargenjd01:
    On a lighter note tell the wind dude at Saint Andrews to turn the fan down a notch, 18-21 on every hole is not funny! :-D

It's funny watching others hit the ball!!! ahhahha

Yokosaki

• Midnight73
    2 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:21 AM

can i ask how i buy my partner a set of master clubs as a gift as they are locked to me as i am an  amateur but he is a master 

thanks midnight73

• simovoice
    4,963 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:21 AM

Just a question about green speed: it will be possible to have the possibility to try tournament or championship greens in PRACTICE rounds ? It would be useful to be able to learn faster and in every wind condition ... 

TY 

• chop948
    378 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:22 AM

Thanks for considering the green speeds, but what was the thought in bouncing the Legend players back to the championship tees?  Master players hitting off the master tees with the same driver as the legend players clearly have a huge advantage IMO..let the blasting begin...

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:24 AM

I hope that this move will stop the moaning from some, as you seem to have solved pretty much every major problem from the update, and, if you haven't, you're working on it.

Except... I'm begging now... Can I have my name back? Pleaseeeee?

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:34 AM

we are still at the tournament tees chop, only greens were dialed back

• sixkiller
    1,147 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:44 AM

Black tees and championship speed greens are ridiculous for everyday play!

• WGTadmin2
    1,152 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 8:51 AM

In regards to the tees, Legend players are very good and we hope you embrace the challenge.

RSS