• ThreeSpot
    476 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:01 PM

[never mind]

• bartjones
    72 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:02 PM

Neil426:
    I don't mind a challenge and welcome one. But you have totally screwed the legends with your changes. I don't mind green speed changes just something else to learn but to add longer tees and expect us to deal with it. Tour masters length doesn't change and all the have to to is learn greens. Its ridiculous for for u to expect us to be able to compete with tour masters when we are hitting 75 percent of our approaches in from 200 out and cant stop the ball.

Agreed. I don't mind the new tees or the new green speeds so much. I can practice and learn those. What I can't do is hit a 290 yard shot with a 275 yard club. Perhaps you could tell me what "legendary" skill I should draw upon to accomplish that feat.

Unless a Legend tier driver is made available soon to any Legend tier player regardless of level, I'll be playing out my credits and packing it in.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:13 PM

chrisc2u:

I am a tour pro and don't see any additional clubs unlocked or extended sale. Anyone else? WGT, please fix this so I can upgrade my clubs.

You have virtually the same equipment many of us used to reach the master tier. And there are some players who used the beginner clubs to make master.

• borntobesting
    9,628 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:18 PM

bartjones:

Neil426:
    I don't mind a challenge and welcome one. But you have totally screwed the legends with your changes. I don't mind green speed changes just something else to learn but to add longer tees and expect us to deal with it. Tour masters length doesn't change and all the have to to is learn greens. Its ridiculous for for u to expect us to be able to compete with tour masters when we are hitting 75 percent of our approaches in from 200 out and cant stop the ball.

Agreed. I don't mind the new tees or the new green speeds so much. I can practice and learn those. What I can't do is hit a 290 yard shot with a 275 yard club. Perhaps you could tell me what "legendary" skill I should draw upon to accomplish that feat.

Unless a Legend tier driver is made available soon to any Legend tier player regardless of level, I'll be playing out my credits and packing it in.

The legendary skill you should draw on is called course management.

• bartjones
    72 Posts
    Sun, Sep 5 2010 8:36 PM

borntobesting:
    The legendary skill you should draw on is called course management.

Could you be a little more vague?

• Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 2:50 AM

The Tour Master Unlimited Tournament this month plays from the Black (Championship) tees,I can fully understand why some Legends are angry,it's very tough playing from these tees,instead of a short iron for your 2nd shot you have a long iron ,or wood if the wind is against,it is very difficult to get these type of shots close,then you have the trouble with the faster greens,for me personally I can just about cope with the putting on these greens,where the problem is in my opinion is if you miss the green and have what used to be a fairly easy pitch,it is totally different now,all my previous pitching and chipping calculations have gone out the window and I will have to learn the new ones.The fact that we have to concentrate so damn hard over every shot (if we want to be any good at it) is taking a lot of the fun away from the game.It's supposed to be a nice relaxing game where you can play matches with your friends.It's got to the stage now that chatting with who your playing against can seriously affect your concentration,what used to be great fun has become a bit of a chore.

Also,too many people were made Legend who really shouldn't be Legend,IMO Legend tier should have been for those players whose average was 59 or lower.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 3:29 AM

XXBones:
    Point is, it's not just Masters and Legends who have the problem. Amateurs  and Pros can't reach many par 4's in two shots because the equipment they can buy is maxed out.  Let us spend our money WGT and let us enjoy the game. 

Exactly! I have upgraded all my clubs with credits at the Pro level, and there are many Par 4s I can't reach in 2. There are even some Fairways that are tough to reach, at least with wind in my face. The Legends are screaming Blue Murder in unison right now, but they're not the only ones who have been in this situation before. And we can clearly see they are doing well score-wise, so I hope WGT will not introduce a 300+ yards drive. Then the legends will be scoring mid-50s again.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 3:36 AM

Bluenose12:
    The Tour Master Unlimited Tournament this month plays from the Black (Championship) tees,I can fully understand why some Legends are angry,it's very tough playing from these tees,instead of a short iron for your 2nd shot you have a long iron ,or wood if the wind is against,it is very difficult to get these type of shots close

Again, this is the case for very many holes as a Pro. There are some Par 4s I may make to the green if my Wood shot it just right or I'm lucky with the bounce. You can forget about lining up those shots for a birdie. Thinking about it, there are actually very few holes I can use a short-iron as my 2nd shot on. Typically it's a fairly long iron or even a wood. Typically 180-200 yds iron shots.

Maybe some legends have forgotten what it actually was like at this level. It seems like you (legends) want to drive-wedge to each hole. For us, there is only a handful holes we can do that on, of all the holes in the game.

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:09 AM

Pangaea:

Maybe some legends have forgotten what it actually was like at this level. It seems like you (legends) want to drive-wedge to each hole. For us, there is only a handful holes we can do that on, of all the holes in the game.

Pangaea, you make a valid point in some respects. However I think you are forgetting that most legends have invested heavily in this game, on numerous occasions, in buying new clubs to assist in making the length easier to cope with. In all likelihood we will have to invest further in new clubs to make the majority of us even remotely competitive. Given the sharp increase in cost of the recent additions to the range of clubs, it is no wonder a lot of us are mighty pissed off at this possibility.

• seanobrien
    296 Posts
    Mon, Sep 6 2010 4:57 AM
    Why isn't the sale price being applied to balls as it was before?
RSS