Help › Forums

Leveling and Tier Adjustments - Limited Offer - Master Equipment Sept 3rd

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:21 PM (120 replies)
  • iconian
    599 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:38 PM

I only have 1 issue with green speed: inconsistency on greens

An example: most of our putts now are defensive because any offence miss is 8-10ft. So, if you have a 10ft thats 2 down you hit with 6 and its decent. but if you have 10ft 2 up, you hit 10, and it's either 3-4 by or 1-2 ft short.

The problem lies with the fact that downhill is fairly consistent while uphill is not...add a little break and you are hopeless.

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:40 PM

Kaslo:
    I have never been a "very good" player yet I get stuck in the same tier as the elite. 

I hope WGT is addressing the issue of the wrong people stuck in the wrong tiers.

I think [Ranked Rounds] should be the only deciding factor in placing members in their perspective tiers. Mixing and matching peoples stats in determining ones tier, skews the process and members wind-up in the wrong tier. 

Other than the time it takes for Master's and Legend's to advance levels, I'm pleased with the fixes.

• hbthree
    478 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:54 PM

With reference to the OP...when someone becomes a Master after September 10th will he/she have to wait until she/he levels up to acquire master tier clubs?  If so, WGT will likely lose a bunch of these players, IMHO...

Strongly suggest that WGT consider allowing a period of time after someone moves to a new tier to acquire tier level equipment without leveling up through the experience pathway to better clubs.....Harve

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:57 PM

ChristopherRouss:
    tiffer67......... if you are a legend you will only play in tourneys against people in your skill level..... ok so you are the one who likes playing every ready go so that us lower tier masters have no chance of winning.... well good riddance if you quit then..... Or better yet... each and every time you rose up in tier level before you had problems and dificulties..... But still the same people were scoring in the 50s at Oakmont and St. Andrews during the US and British Opens hitting from the way back tees and putting on ice with the same master equipment the others had.... So shove your cry babying and try to improve and get better like you did with each tier rise. I'm sure you'll get some Legends only clubs soon so you can blast it the 300+ yards into the wind like on TW

Excuse me but I played in Ready Gos when I had no chance of winning, you know when I wasn't as good a player. I worked bloody hard at my game to become competitive and put myself in a position to win. You know the way you can work at your game to improve. I didn't ask for a helping hand to compete, nor did I expect one.

I do not belong to the elite players on WGT. I am just as likely to shoot -1 or -2 in any given 9 than a lot of average players. It took me 10 months to shoot my first sub 60 round. Now I am being disadvantaged in order to make it fairer on people who haven't put in the hours at this game that I have.

It's a bizarre world we live in where success is punished to the advantage of others.

• Tinkermen
    10 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 3:39 PM
    Todays Feedback Sept 3rd: I switched to the GI3-S balls today to try and have some better control: Green speeds have reduced, thank you. Tee shots are not driving long enough to clear the rough for me using the R9 or G10 on some holes, so I had to switch to the Super Tri Driver. I'll switch back to the GI-SD balls to see if the added distance will help solve this. Legends I am playing are having an even worse time it seems to me, landing in the rough time and time again using the R9. If I can't make it on some tee shots, no way their going to.
  • CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 4:59 PM

WGTadmin2:

We’d like to sincerely thank those of you who’ve provided thoughtful feedback regarding the introduction of new Levels and expanded Tiers, helping us to tune the system. We will be regularly evaluating the game to make it fair and rewarding for all players.  We’ve heard clearly from you that the most significant issue is the inability for existing high-tier players to buy virtual equipment to meet your new Tier challenges. Our top players are very important to us and to help ease the transition we are announcing the following:

During this upcoming week (Friday, Sep 3rd – Friday Sept 10th) players who are Pros and above will be able to access to select equipment which was previously available before the changes to Tiers and Level.  This means that if you are a Pro or higher, you will be able to visit the Pro Shop and purchase some of the equipment previously available.  In addition, we will be extending the 25%-off Clearance Sale prices formerly available on this gear. This is a one-time offer, so please take advantage of it for a limited time.

We’d also like to address another concern, which is lack of available Tournament play for new Tiers.   You will find that the Sep. 18-hole Unlimited tournament is currently open to new Tiers. Also, the week 37 tourneys starting new week will be include events for just Master, Tour Master and Legend players—and include higher payouts!

Last, but not least, the green speeds on WGT have been adjusted for the Legend and Tour Master Tiers.  The greenskeeper has been asked to tame his inner demons and save the championship green speeds for special events. Here are the general guidelines we have given the greenskeeper for regular play (actual green performance may vary):

Tier          Green Speed Stimpmetered

Hack               7.9

Amateur         7.9

Pro                  9.0

Tour Pro         10.0

Master            10.0

Tour Master    11.0

Legend            12.0

Once again, we greatly appreciate your feedback and thanks for helping us shape this product

WGT

What're those numbers?  Cause I know champ and tournie green speeds aren't merely 12% faster than standard greens.  Are you saying a Legend's "tournament" green is 33% (12/9) faster than a Pro's "tournament" green speed?

Are you guys seriously making us not only hit from tees that are 20-100 yards behind the regular master tees, but putting us on greens that are faster as well, even if the green reads as being "tournament" for all players?

Why would anyone choose to be a legend if they're subjected to these huge penalties, having to play well to avoid being beaten by some guy with starter clubs?  You guys have gone way too far with the handicapping here.

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:07 PM

Why isn't the Pro Rapture driver on sale? I could have been interested in that one, and I'm sure many other Pros would be too.

The meter of the faster clubs is just too fast for me to control, so when/if I make Master it's going to be very tough to compete from further back.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:10 PM

Pangaea:
    Why isn't the Pro Rapture driver on sale? I could have been interested in that one, and I'm sure many other Pros would be too.

The meter of the faster clubs is just too fast for me to control, so when/if I make Master it's going to be very tough to compete from further back.

You can get the regular V2 at level 28, or, if it takes you a while to make master, you can get the 2010 V2 at level 37.

• CharlemagneRH
    1,054 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:17 PM

CharlemagneRH:
    What're those numbers?  Cause I know champ and tournie green speeds aren't merely 12% faster than standard greens.  Are you saying a Legend's "tournament" green is 33% (12/9) faster than a Pro's "tournament" green speed?

Are you guys seriously making us not only hit from tees that are 20-100 yards behind the regular master tees, but putting us on greens that are much faster as well, even if the green reads as being "tournament" for all players?

Why would anyone choose to be a legend if they're subjected to these huge penalties, having to play well to avoid being beaten by some guy with starter clubs?  You guys have gone way too far with the handicapping here.

Tournament greens appear to be exactly 12% faster than what they were a few days ago, so I can only assume that this is exactly what you meant... that you've sped up the greens by 12% for legends.

Is it legal to start a second account and gift it 200 sleeves of balls and just have you guys delete this one?  Because that's where this is headed, tbh.

• lvietri
    3,326 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 5:27 PM

Just some interesting facts from wikipedia on the stimp meter ... which is what I think the relative numbers you see in the note from WGT mean.    By the way US Open greens are usually 12 to 14 on the stimp meter.

The USGA stimpmetered putting greens across the country to produce the following recommendations:[1]

• Slow greens: 4.5 feet
    • Medium greens: 6.5 feet
    • Fast greens: 8.5 feet

For the U.S. Open, they recommend:[1]

• Slow greens: 6.5 feet
    • Medium greens: 8.5 feet
    • Fast greens: 10.5 feet

The greens at Oakmont Country Club (where the device was conceived) are some of the fastest in the world, with readings of 13–15 feet.[5]

RSS