Help › Forums

Leveling and Tier Adjustments - Limited Offer - Master Equipment Sept 3rd

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:21 PM (120 replies)
  • birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:34 AM

Feendish:
    So...now that green speeds for legends are now tournament speed, Legend vs Tour Master in a matchplay challenge is ridiculous.

Yep. I think WGT has addressed the majority of the problems, but I think fails to see that the Legend tier they created is not anything like what we had in mind. 

Should not a TOUR MASTER play from TOUR lengths?

• SteveOx
    699 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:50 AM

I miss my Champion speed greens :0( lol  They were a blast.  And the tour masters hated them. I would prefer the Champion speeds over the Tournament speeds.

• Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 12:53 PM

WGTadmin2:

In regards to the tees, Legend players are very good and we hope you embrace the challenge.

That's the joke. I have never been a "very good" player yet I get stuck in the same tier as the elite. 

• EllisSpice
    871 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:02 PM

Kaslo:
    That's the joke. I have never been a "very good" player yet I get stuck in the same tier as the elite. 

Kaslo:
    Average: Currently around 65
    Best 9: 27 (8 or 9 under)
    Best 18: 59 (11 or 13 under)

Right.... Not 'very good' at this game then are we? I'd call them the stats of a Legend!

• mikem77
    1,218 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:41 PM

hi wgt 

can u reply my partner wants to gift me the master clubs i now need thanks to being upgraded but on her account they are locked so how can she send as a gift 

please reply with a solution

mike

• BogadoCesar
    13 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 1:55 PM

mikem77:
    can u reply my partner wants to gift me the master clubs i now need thanks to being upgraded but on her account they are locked so how can she send as a gift 

Don't know the new rules, but before the update master equipment could not be gifted.

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:08 PM

WGTadmin2 wrote.... We’d also like to address another concern, which is lack of available Tournament play for new Tiers.   You will find that the Sep. 18-hole Unlimited tournament is currently open to new Tiers.

Thanks for thinking of us now....  and for letting us know we'd be driving off the tourney tees.... on ice.....  I still can't figure out... what does an 11 mean?  I don't get your green speed advice....  for every eleven feet we subtract a yard?  well I'm close to having the tourney green speed down... but it would be nice if we could practice at that speed as well.  It's hard to go and try to practice when your ranked tees and green speed aren't available to practice on.....  when will the new green speeds go into effect?  Thank you for asking him to do that btw.. hahahha.  Well thanks for the game...

• ChristopherRouss
    133 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:15 PM
    tiffer67......... if you are a legend you will only play in tourneys against people in your skill level..... ok so you are the one who likes playing every ready go so that us lower tier masters have no chance of winning.... well good riddance if you quit then..... Or better yet... each and every time you rose up in tier level before you had problems and dificulties..... But still the same people were scoring in the 50s at Oakmont and St. Andrews during the US and British Opens hitting from the way back tees and putting on ice with the same master equipment the others had.... So shove your cry babying and try to improve and get better like you did with each tier rise. I'm sure you'll get some Legends only clubs soon so you can blast it the 300+ yards into the wind like on TW
  • Kaslo
    428 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:30 PM

Ellis***e:

Kaslo:

Kaslo:
    Average: Currently around 65
    Best 9: 27 (8 or 9 under)
    Best 18: 59 (11 or 13 under)

Right.... Not 'very good' at this game then are we? I'd call them the stats of a Legend!

You forgot to mention the $1800 plus earnings and my 2 to 1 match play wins. But still I would confess to being good but not in the same scales as the elites. :)

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 2:36 PM

Kaslo:
    You forgot to mention the $1800 plus earnings and my 2 to 1 match play wins. But still I would confess to being good but not in the same scales as the elites. :)

Very true, Kas but you're way better than the majority and have shown you can dominate. That 27 and 59 say it. Now doing it all the time is a different story but just being able to do it once puts you in a different class than me. Never had a 60 and only 1 28.  :-(

If and when I ever get to the Legends tier I'm sure I'm going to have to go through what you are now and by then you'll be still eating my lunch.  ;-)

RSS