Help › Forums

Leveling and Tier Adjustments - Limited Offer - Master Equipment Sept 3rd

rated by 0 users
Thu, Sep 9 2010 8:21 PM (120 replies)
  • mefitz
    372 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 9:00 AM

chop948:

Thanks for considering the green speeds, but what was the thought in bouncing the Legend players back to the championship tees?  Master players hitting off the master tees with the same driver as the legend players clearly have a huge advantage IMO..let the blasting begin...

I had to laugh when I realized I was teeing up from waaay back and now had the same (now inferior) clubs as the former whiners from yesterday can now purchase.

Leave it to WGT to do things bass ackwards, lol. Now all the legends can start whining about how unfair it is....until WGT releases a new line of clubs for us poor suckers with a 50yd disadvantage off the tees. I can only hope they come out soon and they are NOT over priced, considering the "forced" issue...Again!

@ sargenjd01, sorry but, you are so wrong. :)

Cheers :)

• chop948
    378 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 9:13 AM

WGTadmin2:

In regards to the tees, Legend players are very good and we hope you embrace the challenge.

I don't mind a challenge when there is a chance for advancement..I don't mind being thrown back a mile from the fairway and having to putt on ice, just give me a fighting chance..give us the equipment to succeed, not set us up for failure.

• Sargenjd01
    366 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 9:14 AM

mefitz:

chop948:

Thanks for considering the green speeds, but what was the thought in bouncing the Legend players back to the championship tees?  Master players hitting off the master tees with the same driver as the legend players clearly have a huge advantage IMO..let the blasting begin...

I had to laugh when I realized I was teeing up from waaay back and now had the same (now inferior) clubs as the former whiners from yesterday can now purchase.

Leave it to WGT to do things bass ackwards, lol. Now all the legends can start whining about how unfair it is....until WGT releases a new line of clubs for us poor suckers with a 50yd disadvantage off the tees. I can only hope they come out soon and they are NOT over priced, considering the "forced" issue...Again!

@ sargenjd01, sorry but, you are so wrong. :)

Cheers :)

I am happy with the changes

• andrewp7
    127 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 9:14 AM

maybe all the legends can be given persimmon drivers?! ;-)

• hagfish
    17 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 9:32 AM

Thank you WGT for allowing us new Masters to purchase the clubs need to compete.

• MJS74
    341 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 9:39 AM

The tees have made the course real-life tour length,  the equipment is not. 

Not all greens were designed to receive the ball from 180+ yds away.  That being the case, can we expect that clubs will have increased distance to enable, let's say for the sake of argument, that it is possible to hit every par four in 2 at bethpage in calm conditions?????

• tiffer67
    1,764 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 10:48 AM

WGTadmin2:

In regards to the tees, Legend players are very good and we hope you embrace the challenge.

Bollox to that. We are at a huge disadvantage and I for one do not see myself playing this game anything like at the level I was previously or as frequently as I have. This is not as enjoyable for me and I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels this way.

Thanks for the consultation on it prior to making this decision. You are punishing people for being good at the game. Did the USPGA let the field play off the ladies tee, whilst Tiger had to play off the back tees to even things up?

• OkieX
    175 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:06 AM

I say bravo on the tears tiers and thanks for ticking the green speeds back some.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:06 AM

WGTadmin2:

Yes a lot of us are. But The Legend tier is a farce. I would guess that 75% of us Legends would not be able to achieve that tier if, as Masters, we were required to play under the conditions that current Masters and Tour Masters are playing under today. The first person who reaches Legend under the current post-update standards is really the only "Legend" in the game.

We didn't have to work for it as hard as the next crop of Legends will.  

I really would have loved to have had to work for it, but it was handed to me instead.

I think it would be better to drop ALL the Legends back to Tour Master, move the Tour Masters to the back tees, and have us scramble to the top. Make it mean something! Folks would get their panties in a wad over that I'm sure, and cries of sandbagging would ensue, but I'm certain that the Legend tier has the least amount of sandbaggers in it. And if players are already at the back tees anyways, whay bother to sandbag? We want to win, and play well, and probably play a ton of rounds, So i'm sure in days we'd see who really deserves to be there. 

I do applaud reserving Championship speeds for special events, otherwise they would not be special at all! Very smart and sane move there. 

• Feendish
    159 Posts
    Fri, Sep 3 2010 11:20 AM

So...now that green speeds for legends are now tournament speed, Legend vs Tour Master in a matchplay challenge is ridiculous. Tour master has a huge advantage off the tee's with the same clubs. Should of kept the champ greens...they were challenging and fun. And if tour master players that have the same equipment, they should be playing on champ greens as they were before everyone sniveled like babies and had them dial em back. Bunch of babies. 

RSS