Forums

Help › Forums

Penalize Quitters!!!!

Tue, Sep 28 2010 12:03 AM (68 replies)
  • LGONZALEZ
    1 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 8:29 AM

Don't know about you guys but for some reason quitters follow me around.  75% of the games I play usually end up me standing on a green by myself.  WHAT IS IT WITH THE SCORING??? WHEN AND WHERE DID WGT REWARDS PLAYERS WITH BEST SCORES???  Just dont make any sense why so called "MASTERS" try to keep up the score by quitting.  We are here to have fun and enjoy this free online game they offer us.  Its amazing how so called "MASTERS" dont even know how to play.......now I know how they became "MASTERS".  I really want to send this post to WGT to let them know what happens and to see if they can do something about quitting.  I suggest they should PENALIZE them by hurting their score everytime they quit instead of leaving the score the way it was.  What do u think guys??????

• bagpuss1
    2 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 2:14 PM

i'm sure wgt has the power to do what they want.if someone quits then give them a 10 stroke penalty above par.or for example the so called masters have a bad start say +4 then add 10 on top that will bring there averages down a bit.ive seen some ridiculous averages even pro's in real life couldnt do.maybe punish them by deactivating there accounts or find a way of them using there good clubs,stick em back to basic clubs

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 2:17 PM

Enough said already.  I wouldn't bash master players. Some of them are pretty salty at this game. :)

LGONZALEZ finished in 324 place in July 18-Hole Open.
  • Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 2:59 PM

LGONZALEZ:
    What do u think guys??????

• Richard4168
    4,309 Posts
    Thu, Aug 12 2010 3:11 PM

Yep! It's old news.

Gonzalez, "Play multiple times and have fun"

• simmo100
    4 Posts
    Fri, Aug 13 2010 1:12 PM

very good idea regarding the basic clubs for quitters.i have had 6 people dothis to me today .starting to get pissed off with it.

will back it up big time .i say give them a weeks ban

mike

• Morgeo
    52 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 6:32 PM

That seems like a good plan to give them beginners clubs for a week or so.

I have yet to finish a foursome with all players still there.

Mind you last night I started to play and the program crashed. I started again and it crashed again and on the third attempt it crashed again. If that happens then I think it would be bad policy to penalise anyone because I never go back and finish the round because I have lost the friendship and the competative play of being with someone.

Spoilt games because of program failure should be a cancelled game and not saved in my view.

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Thu, Aug 19 2010 11:07 PM

Morgeo:
    Spoilt games because of program failure should be a cancelled game and not saved in my view.
    And how do you think the game will know the difference?

You want to punish quitters but not those with connection issues / game failures?  

A game ended before the last putt is a game ended.

This is the dilemma facing WGT when they try to pacify all of the "PUNISH THE QUITTERS" whiners.

Quitters will quit and there is nothing that can be done about it.

• dorkfeatures
    712 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 1:14 AM

Hi LG,

Sorry - but you gotta get over this. Nuf been said on this topic already. As I have mentioned previously, take the time to make friends, join a CC and get to know those players.

If you just pick and chose games you are asking for it.

If you want to post to WGT dont do it here. Email wgt members. Then WGT might respond to you.

Have fun.

Cheers

Doug

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 1:43 AM

I have an idea!!!

Wait, I lost it...

Dang it...

Wait, I got it...

Nope, lost it...

Okay, okay, here it is:

Lets keep track of stats on who quits the most rounds.  WGT, please post their name, address, phone number, and SSN on the entry page of WGT, and email your most dedicated player to track them down like Dwayne Chapman.  Once you find the turd, proceed with the beating em' senseless, or at least until they pee blood for a month ( whichever comes first).  Once you have completed this task, gather all personal items (including computer so you can continue to play WGT) and flee to Mexico.  Once there, log on to WGT and let us know how everything went (post pictures for proof of aggrivated battery) and let us know how your new life as "Julio Phillippe Marcos Ortiz Sanchez Ramonos" is. 

Thank you for listening to my idea on how to solve the "QUITER" issue.

Yokosaki

RSS