Forums

Help › Forums

Penalize Quitters!!!!

Tue, Sep 28 2010 12:03 AM (68 replies)
  • Bluenose12
    2,101 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 3:01 AM

I don't see why people get so upset about this,I personally don't quit matches but a lot of people do,why the worry,if I'm playing in a threesome and they both quit then I just shrug and play on on my own.If you don't want to play quitters just do what most people do,find a small core of players you know that don't quit and stick to playing them.

• Morgeo
    52 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 9:18 AM
    The point is - Why start if you are going to quit after the first hole ? Can you really see any sense in that ? I enjoy playing with people as I like to compete and I try to win as well as get a good score. Playing a roubd on your own is fine if you just want to practice. As far a a program crash goes - you said how would they know ? Hello, if they know don't that their program is failing then how would know how to remove the bug that causes it which they are doing all the time, otherwise it would just get worse. We are not whiners but people who take the game seriously even though it is a game and we want to enjoy playing the same as everyone else. I accept that there are times when you have to quit due to undorseen circumstances but those are few and far between. This is about consistent quitters who cannot see that to finish the game would actually improve their game. If there were a green fee they would not be so keen to quit so why do so when it's free - it's a form of abuse in my view.
  • Morgeo
    52 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 9:21 AM

I think you lost it before you started Yokosaki.  What a useless post.

• bpierce749
    116 Posts
    Fri, Aug 20 2010 6:50 PM

genius yoko. peolpe should do this :)

• RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 1:30 AM

WGTLS.com is web site that does not allow quitting.  Players meet there in room and then golf here.   Won//loss records are kept.  Disconnects are loses and person who disconnected has to post a loss.  Golfers who quit and do not post get a strike.  Three strikes and you are out.

• Morgeo
    52 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 8:41 AM
    But I don't speak Chinese ! Go there and see. I guess you have the wrong website listed.
  • RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 8:49 AM

Yep sorry about that.  wgtls.co.uk     wgtls.co.uk

• Snaike
    3,678 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 9:18 AM
  • RockSteady
    498 Posts
    Sat, Aug 21 2010 9:53 AM

Snaike you rock.  Thank you.

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Sun, Aug 22 2010 10:06 PM

Morgeo:
    I think you lost it before you started Yokosaki.  What a useless post

It would be called humor or something of that nature.  Sort of making lite of a ongoing situation that has been beaten dead for so long, but if my post bothered you or offended you in any way I apologize. 

However, I sort of thought of that commercial with R.Lee Ermey in the shrinks office when I read your reply...

Yokosaki

RSS