Forums

Help › Forums

Penalize Quitters!!!!

Tue, Sep 28 2010 12:03 AM (68 replies)
  • cayla
    1 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 6:31 AM

wheather the game can tell the differance between if a person quit the game or lost connection doesn't really matter simply keep a percentage of how many times  player has been disconnected and display that percentage beside the players name, this has been used in other online games and it works fine because who wants to compete againts either quiters or someone who constantly loses connection.

Cayla

• TEESHOT4
    17 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 10:15 AM

While on the subject of quiters. Why do I have to wait 5 whole min. before I can play again and/ or forfiet???  They quit I didn't. and i would lose the round if I forfiet??? That's  just BS.

• PRIESTESS
    10,703 Posts
    Mon, Sep 13 2010 4:30 PM

the 5  min wait i would imagine is there in case you lose connection,or your computer crashes,

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 10:28 AM

Why are players so obsessed with people who quit and then refer to them preserving their stats? If you join a game, presumeably you wanted to play anyway, so if somebody quits, how does that affect your game? Just go on and play it.

If players are maintaining artificial averages (high) they will soon become disillusiioned when every multiplayer game they play they are beaten. So what is the point of such quitting, they only delude themselves.

Meanwhile you should just enjoy your game and ignore players who quit.

The Yak

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 10:50 AM

It's annoying because you waste time playing with people who quit anyway, you get fewer points for finishing alone. Personally I also like playing with other people, I get less annoyed by my own horrible hits, but when people just leave that defeats the purpose of a MP game. It's not fun having to play the remainder of the round alone, just because 2-3 people want to keep a fake average score.

What does that get you anyway? It means nothing now, especially for the high-tier players as they have already tiered up. Grow some balls and finish the game people!

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:12 AM

Yakublue:
    If you join a game, presumeably you wanted to play anyway

Nope, not at all, that's a completely false assumption. Some people (myself included) find playing golf alone extremely boring. The only reason I ever join multi-player rounds, is to compete with others, compare your shots with other players' shots, not to play alone.

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 11:36 AM

Faterson:

Yakublue:
    If you join a game, presumeably you wanted to play anyway

Nope, not at all, that's a completely false assumption. Some people (myself included) find playing golf alone extremely boring. The only reason I ever join multi-player rounds, is to compete with others, compare your shots with other players' shots, not to play alone.

I did not make an assumption I made a presumption, a subtle difference. Anyway, my point still stands. Players seem to have an obsession with quitters stats. Stats have no bearing in how people play in games, so ignore them. If all other players in your group quit, go join another if you do not want to play on alone.

The Yak 

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 12:05 PM

Yakublue:
    Anyway, my point still stands.

Nope, it doesn't. What you're writing is completely beside the point, unfortunately.  

Yakublue:
    Players seem to have an obsession with quitters stats.

Nope, we don't. We couldn't care less about "quitters stats". That's just one of the ways that was proposed to try and reduce the amount of quitters, but we couldn't really care less about "quitters stats".

Yakublue:
    If all other players in your group quit, go join another if you do not want to play on alone.

That's nonsense, Yak. You gotta be new here.    We don't want to play the first few holes of any course many times in succession. If we launch the Front 9 of any course as a multi-player round, we wish to complete the Front 9 as a multi-player round, and not alone, and we don't wish to endlessly restart the first few holes all the time. It's that simple!

• Pangaea
    242 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 12:07 PM

I can only assume you're a quitter yourself if you don't understand how it is to have people quit all the time. I don't start a MP game to play 2 holes and then 7 or 16 alone. I want to play a full round, talk to people, comment on shots, hopefully learn something, and have a good time. When people quit all this is destroyed, and the time I spent on the round is all but useless. I'm back to square one.

Having a quitting stat would at least help us filter out likely quitters. They would find it harder to get games, which would perhaps entice them to finish more games. To be honest, I've just about given up in it right now. Apart from games with my friends, in every single MP game at least one person has quit.

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Wed, Sep 15 2010 3:09 PM

Only idiots assume anything.

RSS