Thu, Sep 23 2010 5:50 AM

yokosaki:

I have an idea!!!

Wait, I lost it...

Dang it...

Wait, I got it...

Nope, lost it...

Okay, okay, here it is:

Lets keep track of stats on who quits the most rounds.  WGT, please post their name, address, phone number, and SSN on the entry page of WGT, and email your most dedicated player to track them down like Dwayne Chapman.  Once you find the turd, proceed with the beating em' senseless, or at least until they pee blood for a month ( whichever comes first).  Once you have completed this task, gather all personal items (including computer so you can continue to play WGT) and flee to Mexico.  Once there, log on to WGT and let us know how everything went (post pictures for proof of aggrivated battery) and let us know how your new life as "Julio Phillippe Marcos Ortiz Sanchez Ramonos" is. 

Thank you for listening to my idea on how to solve the "QUITER" issue.

Yokosaki

Priceless!

• TarheelsRule
    5,480 Posts
    Thu, Sep 23 2010 12:51 PM

Finally we have a sane solution to resolve the quitting issues   lol

• yokosaki
    310 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 1:43 AM

Yakublue:
    You just don't get do you? You answered your own question, idiot. The Yak

What where we talking about?  I lost it...

Wait,

Nope,

Wait, wait,

Nope, for sure lost it that time.....

Oh, I got it.

(17 inch LCD screen....$170 dollars)

(Computer...$2750 dollars)

(Getting called an idiot from some random guy sitting behind the pair....Priceless)

For everything else, reffer to yourself in a third party manner...It's AWESOME!!!

The YOKO

• Yakublue
    125 Posts
    Fri, Sep 24 2010 6:21 AM

yokosaki:

Yakublue:
    You just don't get do you? You answered your own question, idiot. The Yak

What where we talking about?  I lost it...

Wait,

Nope,

Wait, wait,

Nope, for sure lost it that time.....

Oh, I got it.

(17 inch LCD screen....$170 dollars)

(Computer...$2750 dollars)

(Getting called an idiot from some random guy sitting behind the pair....Priceless)

For everything else, reffer to yourself in a third party manner...It's AWESOME!!!

The YOKO

Don't you find that first impressions usually prove correct?

When a person signs off a post, he/she is doing just that, i.e. signing off the post. He/she is not referring (note the spelling) to themself in either the first, or third person.

In the English language there are five forms of verb, four of which a person may use while referring to themselves in the third person: to wit;

The base form: "I think Yokosaki is an idiot." (first person singular)

The third person present singular: "The Yak thinks Yokosaki is an idiot."

The present participle: "The Yak is thinking that Yokosaki is an idiot."

The past tense: The Yak thought Yokosaki an idiot."

The past participle: The Yak thought Yokosaki an idiot."

Notice that the the past tense and the past participle are identical for many verbs.

Also notice that the opinion the author is conveying in all above uses of verbs is constant.

Furthermore, when you reply to a post that I have composed, I no longer become a 'random guy', in fact I become the complete opposite of random, I become particular.

I would suggest to you that it would be far more beneficial to your general education that instead of spending your money on golfballs, golf clubs and avatars, you take that money, along with the time you spend on this website, and put it towards an elementary education.

And please, do not come back with some smart *** reply that you believe is funny or clever. Because I can guarantee, it will be neither. Take wise counsel, throw away your spade.

The reference above to a spade is a metaphor, by the way, not a suggestion that you give up your day job.

The Yak

• Didymus
    16 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 12:04 PM

They should either make everybody view a video on how to end the game properly or kick them off for just closing the browser when they hit a bad shot. Terribly annoying when they close that browser and ruin the game for the rst and nothing is done about it.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 1:50 PM

Won't work, for the same reason the reputation feature was scrapped. Too many valid reasons to disconnect, and no way to efficiently monitor them and apply ANY punishment fairly, it would cause more work that what wgt can handle. 

Power outages, hardware failures, etc would all cause a similar game lockup, and is not really the players fault. Nothing has been done to address this for a reason, and this fact is not going to change any time soon.

• Faterson
    2,902 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 2:21 PM

Of course it will work, and accurate reputation tracking is possible. WGT botched it the first time around, but they can do it right when they attempt it next time.

• LeGeNDaRy1
    55 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 5:12 PM

• claremoreblue
    2,322 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:11 PM

Are you kidding me, exactly when do they do anything correct LOL. They can't even fix an unlimited tournament from limited here.

• VanHalenLover
    1,422 Posts
    Sat, Sep 25 2010 6:38 PM

Again, F.....none of those suggestions will cover all of the possible scenarios, and will cause far too much work for WGT. There are simply too many variables. 

What about a power outage where 1 guys drops suddenly (yet it isn't his fault). He can't get back in the game to finish the round as per your suggestion list, and the others are forced to go on without him. He would get penalized, and would be at WGT's heels to undo any punishment.

This is only 1 scenario, and there are countless more that your solution doesn't address. if this were a viable scenario, it would have been implemented already. Hopefully WGT learned their lesson the first time this ridiculous notion was tested, and hopefully coller heads prevailed to the point where they are considering a viable solution.

My bet is that they aren't going to address the quitting issue at all.  

RSS