Forums

Help › Forums

Swing Meter Feedback

Wed, Jan 7 2015 9:24 PM (76 replies)
  • burchell123
    362 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2013 12:40 PM

I think it's quite funny that original meter has never worked smooth for a single round in the year and half iv'e been here,and they put money into bringing two new f ups out,glad to see lipouts, green speeds slowed down to playing thru water and vem have been upgraded though.how can anyone complain about a game with pushing you into buying new stuff all the time them vemming you up the a s s to make you play worse

ROCKY;-)

• zephry
    6 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2013 5:22 PM

I actually like the upgrade and  speed  of  the three click meter. Putting has gotten a lot easier but the tee and iron shots have gotten harder. Was suprised today with first game and lost a ball cause i wasn't use to it yet.

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2013 5:34 PM

Ya i see the new 3 click is going over very well NOT......and i still don't see anyone in any thread that asked for it to be changed or modified in any way......so its just another good thing that got ruined.

Ive seen 1 positive comment and countless others saying they don't like it......so lets see if WGT really does listen.

I'm putting my money on NO!!!!

• golfgenius2977
    10 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2013 6:15 PM

I love the 3 click swing meter. Correction, I LOVED the 3 click swing meter. Thats pass tense. It was perfect til the last update. Now I cant hit center if my life depended on it. I used to hit center maybe 5 out of 10 hits, now i'm hitting it 2 out of 10. I dont want you to feel sorry for me, but I'm disabled and have to use a stick in my mouth to play because I'm unable to use my hands. It was difficult enough before for me, but now its virtually impossible. Video games are supposed to be fun and an escape from reality.  Since they took down Tiger Woods, this is the only golf game online. I wish they would stop listening to the pros in this game and start listening to us average joes and disabled people who like to play video games too. Thank you

• SLAMMINJAMES
    511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2013 10:30 PM

You are putting money in...that's the beauty of it. WGT  screws the meter up,you lose balls and there's more money. You get mad..re-start the game and there's another commercial..more money.

I really liked the 3 click...was shooting some of my best scores. Not anymore, so i'm cutting back on playing now. I also heard another golf game is coming out...I hope so!!!!

James

• Arkokolding
    16 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2013 5:33 AM

yup, 3 click meter is ruined, there is no point to it now

Thx WGT

• AceHoler26
    325 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2013 11:54 AM

Arkokolding:

yup, 3 click meter is ruined, there in no point to it now

Thx WGT

Could not agree more.  It was challenging enough to select meter strength then the shot with the previous version of the 3-Click, now it's near impossible.  I have defintely cut back on the amount I was playing.

3-Click is totally unplayable now.  Thanks again WGT, but I'm sure you are happy as this will definitely create more lost balls for the suckers that still use it.

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2013 1:12 PM

duffer19:
    dbleoshoe did reply saying avatar moves don't effect it

That's a WGT contradiction...

Anyone remember when they changed AV movements awhile back..maybe year or two ago?

It was explained that WGT did this to make the meter more reliable/stable using less flash animation.

Edit:

Check page 4 for WGTAdmin's reply (for load times) and page 5 for WGTIcon's reply...Icon calls it a "meter improvement".

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/64392.aspx?PageIndex=4

• sjdesilets
    2 Posts
    Fri, Aug 30 2013 10:22 PM

I learned a lot reading the previous posts.  Thanks.

I've had so many issues with the normal meter. Been hard to lower my average to make it to Pro tier, even though I'm at level 49..  

The default meter for me is so jerky, that sometimes when I click right where I want it to, it flies past the click point, and I end up slicing way to the right.  :-(

Today, I selected to 3 click experimental meter.  Have not played yet with it..  I'll see if it's as jerky as the normal meter.

The vertical meter I tried once, but it  was placed right smack dab in the middle, blocking my view, , and I wish I could drag it to the side, but no way.  :-(.  

• Looper0443
    133 Posts
    Sat, Aug 31 2013 4:06 AM
    Can you please explain how this is an improvement over the previous version. If you look at my account I am a customer you want. I'm more than willing to spend money to enjoy the game. I'm not a gamer but a golfer who enjoys playing the game. Before the change I was able to hit the ding about 80-85%. In the 15 practice rounds since my ding rate is around 10%. Most of those coming on 5ft putts or less The skill in the game is determining the shot -wind- green position- course management. It shouldn't be whether I can hit a moving bar that explodes in 2 directions. I'm 55 and my reaction time is not that good. I've spent countless hours enjoying the game until now. In my opinion your have taken the fun out of the game. Struggling to hit the ding is not why I play the game. I have gone from level 1 to level 72 in 3 months and spent over $400. to enjoy this game. Please bring back the option to use the old 3 click meter. I no longer feel the need for the shot pal or putting pal because I'm unable to hit the spot I want without recycling 2-3 times. The only rounds I will play are for a tournament in the CC I joined. Upgrading clubs is no longer necessary as I can't with any precision hit to a target. I will use the remaining balls I have and then use free ones and the original meter which I hate. By then I will probably find another online game to play. You have a customer who misses there daily fix because of your recent upgrade.
RSS