Help › Forums

Swing Meter Feedback

Wed, Jan 7 2015 9:24 PM (76 replies)
  • geraldlarousse
    1,986 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:41 AM

Tightrope:

adtjoel:
    but the original meter has been slightly better recently - although still get sticks and jumps.

Yes, it still jumps, but I do not get that continuous tremor any more. So a bit better. I guess because the color is now solid.

I find the day they changed the meter it was butter! Now back to the way it was before change, if that makes sense.

Seems meter was crazy smooth for just that one day.

• Silverfox11407
    26 Posts
    Sun, Aug 11 2013 9:31 AM

Jumpy or skipping meter equates to more balls lost out of bounds or in the water which in volume helps WGT revenue.  Just Kidding but true.

Ive only been playing for a month but lots of my friends that have played the game for several years quit playing it due to the erratic meters, frequent disconnects, shutdowns, etc,

I realize WGT has no control over local internet providers that are relaying the data or certain browser folks use that can and will effect the game play transmission.

I built a 2K desktop with 32gb ram,  $500 Nvidia Gtx 770 video card, and a $700 LG 27" 1440P monitor. I can easily run 4 to 5 open apps simultaenously but my internet server or browser has no bearing for these apps.  

I do try and turn off my AVG virus & firewall app when playing the game, and use Comodo Dragon as my browser with only the essential windows 7 running programs intact, but my meter still skips and jumps periodically. 

Personally i know of known cure for the problem other then move next door to the WGT network server !  LOL

Regards, Ron

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Aug 14 2013 12:09 PM

I like the new meter choices. But I don't know if anyone has pointed this out - your meter choice doesn't save in your equipment list like the rest of your stuff if you empty your cache. Can be a bit of a surprise when you have been trying one meter and then get defaulted back to the original when starting a new session.

• fmagnets
    3,638 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2013 5:31 AM

The 3-click meter has been ruined with this new upgrade. It now accelerates in both directions instead of running smoothly. Now it just doubles the difficulty of every shot instead of offering something different, so has become a redundant feature.

• DougieV
    17 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2013 6:24 AM

fmagnets:

The 3-click meter has been ruined with this new upgrade. It now accelerates in both directions instead of running smoothly. Now it just doubles the difficulty of every shot instead of offering something different, so has become a redundant feature.

YUP! WTF are they doing... 3-clickers already have the disadvantage of non-accurate power. Change it back! I play because it's fun, don't kill that too...

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:14 AM

DougieV:

fmagnets:

YUP! WTF are they doing... 3-clickers already have the disadvantage of non-accurate power. Change it back! I play because it's fun, don't kill that too...

nice to know I'm not alone :)  3rd thread I've seen about this issue - dbleoshoe did reply saying avatar moves don't effect it - but I mus say - something else clearly has then - can't use it any more ;(  - to those that can -  lucky you :)

• SLAMMINJAMES
    511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:21 AM

I don't agree, i didn't have any issues until now. the 3 click meter worked fine until all of a sudden,now it speeds up. whats up with that...should be a consistent speed through the entire process. not real slow in the beginning and then real fast. impossible to control now.

James 

• SLAMMINJAMES
    511 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2013 11:32 AM

I tried the other meters and they all speed up before impact...impossible to play now...thanks wgt. guess i wont be playing too much anymore.

A disgusted c.c. owner

• duffer19
    3,670 Posts
    Wed, Aug 28 2013 12:26 PM

hyena64:

In regard to the meter & any other issues you may have with game play: I don't use the 3 click,but you definitely need to clear both caches after every update to clear corrupted files caused by same.  If they didn't intentionally change the meter & how it works, this should clear up any issues with it.            :-)

would you mind please - use the 3 click meter and get back to us with what you see?  it would be nice to have a fresh set of eyes on it - particularly since you have done all the clearing (as have I) possible and have yet to try it - before or after the update.

thanks man

edit after posting above -

here's strange happenings - First let me say it's back to normal - and here's what I did.

prior to opening wgt today - i cleared browser cache and cookies and history and all that. - i also dumped my flash cache.

i then loaded the game and had a round with the 3 click (as i had been doing b4 update) and found major issues - super fast, super jumpy, unplayable.

I then posted far too many posts in threads discussing it and felt like an ass - so I cleared all that stuff again - no change.

I then followed courtney's adivce (prob should've done this first lol) and reverted to an older version of flash - dumped cache and all browser stuff again.

fired up a game with 3 click meter - no change apart from very slow load times initially.  Played 3 holes and got discouraged - 

reinstalled latest version of flash - prob unnecessary but dumped all cache and browser stuff again - so now I'm back where i started 

fired up a game and wouldn't you know .........it is like it was pre-update - much happier yet I am baffled as to what caused or solved this.

i'm no smarter for having done all of this, more confused really, and it sure is a pain

that said - I apologize for being a broken record (I was trying to be respectful even so)

thank you for putting up with my rants and I hope everyone can optomize their machines much easier than I was able to - maybe just a trip full circle is all that's needed. dunno

thanks WGT -thanks Courtney - and thanks to my darling daughter for listening to me moan and groan for the past few hours hehe

duff

RSS