Forums

Help › Forums

Swing Meter Feedback

Wed, Jan 7 2015 9:24 PM (76 replies)
  • WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:36 AM

Just wanted to start this thread so we can try and get all the swing meter feedback into one singular thread.  So far the feedback has been great and I can give some answers to some of the questions that have been thrown out there.

Original Text - Thank you all for the feedback on this, but it won't be going away anytime soon.  I know some of the testers here were using it as a free shot pal.

3 Click Swing Meter- It is a little jumpy as people have said, but once you get used to the speeds you hardly notice the jumpiness.  We do not envision this meter being used by the better players due to fact that you can't choose a exact power setting on the putting green.  We do however see newer players and lower level players migrating to this one.

Vertical Swing Meter - I know there has been a lot of feedback on the placement of the meter on the screen.  There was a lot of going back and forth on where to put the meter exactly.  We choose the current position because we felt it was the best spot for your eyes to focus on.  Based on the feedback that we will get over the next few weeks the placement of the meter could change. 

These two swing meters were put on here to give players more options on the game play.  There are experimental right now and tweaks will occur.  So thank you again for the feedback and please keep it coming.

- WGTdbloshoe

• MBaggese
    15,367 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:47 AM

WGTdbloshoe:
    Original Text - Thank you all for the feedback on this, but it won't be going away anytime soon.  I know some of the testers here were using it as a free shot pal.

I like it as well...as I don't like all the lower lines/etc on the shot pal.

*Edit:

Tried the vertical meter, smooth and slower than original...turn that puppy sideways for me please:)

Not a fan of the 3 click...but I can see new players may like it.

• bluzgolf
    1,072 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:56 AM

I don't know if this would be possible, but a combo meter would eliminate the putting issue for the 3-click.  The 3-click on drives and approaches, but whenever a putter is used, it switches to the original meter.

Again, just as another option.  I like the idea of options rather than just 1 meter for everybody.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:58 AM

What I dont understand , is that if WGT cant fix the original swing meter , why are you adding new ones ? I mean , to me , it just doesnt make sense .

• WGTdbloshoe
    2,840 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 11:59 AM

bluzgolf:

I don't know if this would be possible, but a combo meter would eliminate the putting issue for the 3-click.  The 3-click on drives and approaches, but whenever a putter is used, it switches to the original meter.

Again, just as another option.  I like the idea of options rather than just 1 meter for everybody.

Interesting idea.  Something to think about for down the road.

WGTdbloshoe

• tigerfan1506
    3,193 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 12:01 PM

3 click i tried, its ok on anything but putts, not a fan though.

Vertical? 2 things, one, strange how i have had a jumpy meter for 2 months, but when i use this, smooth as a baby....foil hat time? lol   and B, i use a homemade putter pal (piece of paper and tape) makes this feature useless.

Thank you for at least trying though. Notice how things seem to have gotten better around here since WGTdbloshoe came on the scene?

• nashkurt
    173 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 12:17 PM

3 clicks meter is horrible.......stutters alot  not smooth ...and cant get the distance right...not for me but

the vertical meter is superb...except for a few things... can we have the option to snap and lock it  anywhere on the screen.....if we can lock it at a preferred position   it would help tremendously 

thank you

• KittyWumpus
    345 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 12:58 PM

3-click is a no-go for me. I have trouble enough with the ding, having to hit two for every shot? Lol. Also, I use avatar movements for measuring power, and this type removes that (effectively).

The vertical meter is neat, and it is smooth(er) for me, but I do not like it in the middle of the screen. Also, I view the ding line as a centered shot, with the light and dark blue to each side as being Draw/Fade, Hook/Slice, Push/Pull, even though they really are not. Flipping that on its side does not translate in my head... it is counter intuitive to me.

The original is fine, but the letters could go away. Since they are not... (sigh)... 

• MillPhiklson
    10 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 1:06 PM

3 click is just as choppy as the original meter. So far the vertical is as smooth as the original should be. 

Just tried the original again and it is very choppy. If that could be improved that would be great.

• lonniescott711
    4,182 Posts
    Thu, Jun 27 2013 2:15 PM

Why not take the vertical , and make it horizontal , like the original meter . If it works better than the original , then thats what you run with . Everything does not have to be complicated , keep it simple . We all want a smoother meter , not a meter thats harder to use .My 2 cents.

RSS