Forums

Help › Forums

Mon, Oct 10 2011 6:51 AM (147 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 10:29 AM

birdwell:
    People will adjust to the new movements if they want to use them. We just have to figure them out. :P

I did for the CGs. They're the only ones that I use that method for and only off a full swing but FWIW, this is what I came up with.

CG64  uses 7 yds per move, the CG60 uses 9 and the CG100 uses 10. This is at BPB 10 and 11, fairway landing, Burners, Callaway (s) ball, no spin, dinged.

If you use a ruler or some such aid you probably don't notice a difference.

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 10:55 AM

Not the first time this has happened.....thjis is why i gave up on using avatar movements as a method of play. I have noticed several times the updates had an effect on avatar movements. I concentrate more on meter percentage and feel now. Seems to work much better and more consistent.

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 11:26 AM

I'm playing the wedges the same just using one movement as my two movement distance. Seems to be working ok. Not great but I'll get it down eventually. If not I'll make another post bitching and whining about it.

• lee22sharon
    1,419 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 11:37 AM

my take is:  reading a lot of complaints of legends unhappy with the present situation.  could this be a weak attempt on WGT's part to infuse new conditions, of course without notice in advance, to enliven the game for those legends who are bored?  if it is, or partialy is, the better players will wecome the challage and overcome quickly.  those that are quicker on the draw should, could, really clean up in the legend tier.  might even establish a new hierarchy?  at the lest it'll certainly stir things up for awhile. my nickle.

• birdwell
    561 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 11:39 AM

DarSum:
    If not I'll make another post bitching and whining about it.

That's the spirit! lol

DarSum:
    'm playing the wedges the same just using one movement as my two movement distance. Seems to be working ok. Not great but I'll get it down eventually.

it should be close. Let's let the art major do some math...

105 yard wedge.

previous (18 avatar movements) 5.83 per move.

current (12 movements) 8.75 per move.

so.. using the one move as your previous 2 movement difference you should see just under 3 yards difference - which, accounting for sleight deviations - is pretty much exactly the same.. lol

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 11:44 AM

Based on your feedback, as our valued WGT players, we’ve been looking for various ways to help speed-up the game, and one of the areas we’ve identified is the time it takes to download and process avatar swinging. In last night’s update, we reduced some frames in avatar animation, which has significantly reduced the size of avatar download and improved loading times, especially during multi-player matches where this affects most players. This change has no effect on the power of the swing or the distance which the ball will travel. However, some experienced players may notice there are a few less frames in the swing.

Please let us know your experience with the new avatars and any suggestions are deeply appreciated!

Thanks!

• DarSum
    1,440 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 12:05 PM

WGTadmin:

Based on your feedback, as our valued WGT players, we’ve been looking for various ways to help speed-up the game, and one of the areas we’ve identified is the time it takes to download and process avatar swinging. In last night’s update, we reduced some frames in avatar animation, which has significantly reduced the size of avatar download and improved loading times, especially during multi-player matches where this affects most players. This change has no effect on the power of the swing or the distance which the ball will travel. However, some experienced players may notice there are a few less frames in the swing.

Please let us know your experience with the new avatars and any suggestions are deeply appreciated!

Thanks!

That's great you're trying to fix loading times, meter issues etc. But dang man, let us know next time in the announcements that you changed something so drastic. Let's just say my first couple of wedge shots in my first RG didn't go as planned this morning resulting in a WD.

A change that drastic should be announced IMO.

• cappiest
    1,345 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 12:26 PM

I am  sure that WGT knows that a pretty good portion of the population of WGT use avatar movements as a means of playing the game.

There is no doubt in my mind that a little warning here might have saved a few people from some poor play. Lot of negativity gets posted when a change that changes gameplay that much is done without some notice......just my 2 cents

Capp

• overtheedge
    5,878 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 12:26 PM

here ..here DarSum. When a change is made that "directly" effects the game, you would THINK it is a good business practice to inform your customers "prior" to the change, especially when money is involved. Not to mention - common cuortisy.  I just don't understand this. Speaks loud of where we stand as paying customers and members in the WGT community in general.  

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Thu, Sep 29 2011 12:36 PM

LMAO. From not knowing at all to now not knowing in advance??!!  Hell, I'm happy WGT even said as much as they did.

Let's not get like the guy that has chicken for dinner, goes to bed with a breast in one hand, a thigh in the other and asks for more.  ;-)

RSS