Forums

Help › Forums

Swing Meter Feedback

Wed, Jan 7 2015 9:24 PM (76 replies)
  • gk21al
    199 Posts
    Sat, Sep 7 2013 4:43 PM

Good job WGT.  You fixed the 3 click swing meter.  Must have been very recently.  It is now one speed and the avatar movements on putts are an amazing addition.  

• Dav27
    6 Posts
    Sat, May 24 2014 8:02 AM

Swing Meter: t may look good, but consider the extra work. Instead of using percentage, try using, at least for the 25 foot meter, showing 6.25 feet, 12.5 feet, 18.75 feet and judge the in between. Or, you could just round out the number.

I made my own 1/4" strip attached to the lowest part of my screen, and it works very well.

Frankly, I've done well in the past two years, especially in putting, but the work needs to be in the excessive slopes adjustments.

I love WGT, but there is still a lot of work to be done. During practices, the same shot 3 or 4 times gives different results. Hate it when in real play.

• edbatizu
    2 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 9:37 AM

Can we fix the jitter on the swing meter during mid day rush? Seems around Noon-1p EST the latency is really bad...I have a 1 GIG connection and only experience this on my PC during that time...

• WGTadmin
    1,166 Posts
    Tue, Oct 14 2014 10:47 AM

edbatizu:

Can we fix the jitter on the swing meter during mid day rush? Seems around Noon-1p EST the latency is really bad...I have a 1 GIG connection and only experience this on my PC during that time...

Since you're encountering these issues we recommend trying the following: 

- Trouble shooting steps and system requirements, particularly clearing the browser and Flash cache:

http://www.wgt.com/forums/t/635.aspx      

- Close other programs, browser windows and browser tabs

- Have the wgt.com website open but minimized and not displayed

- Play WGT in the original window size, do not maximize it to full screen

- Turn off Reflections, Flag Animation, Background Loading, Avatar rotations, and WGT Lessons in your Options

• BILLNPATTY
    1,100 Posts
    Thu, Jan 1 2015 7:18 AM

This morning, I experienced to jerky swing meter while playing the WGT monthly tournament Bethpage Black.  I cleared my cache, changed browsers, changed back to original browser, and got a message that the game "wasn't active", so i reloaded and resumed the game.  Still jerkey.  Tried clicking well before the ding line, only to have it react well after the ding line.  I would have quit the game in frustration, but I had used a club pass, so I pressed on.  Hit 6 fairways and 7 greens in the round.  Very frustrating!!

As soon as the game ended, I opened a tournament game in my country club and the meter was as smooth as ever, not one jerk the entire round.

Any reason for this?

Bill

• ApexPC
    3,164 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 7:26 PM

I could have been caused by a program running in the background on your computer that finished in between games.

I can tell when my anti-virus application starts a scan because the meter is suddenly wonky because my computers CPU is really busy.

Many players (me too) keep Task Manager open to keep an eye on their CPU work load during the swing and pause before starting the down swing so the CPU work load can settle down first. I only have the WGT game client tab open when I play, and no applications running in the background.

Windows Task Manager: A Troubleshooting Tool

Infinito3010:

This is the post by WGTAdmin

The meter performance is affected by a multitude of variables and affects every player differently due to their location, internet service provider, computer, what is installed on the computer and the settings on the computer/ browser. We are working on several solutions which will make the meter more consistent or perform smoother in more conditions but we do not have a simple or catchall solution that we can release. We do and will continue to seek solutions.

But to be clear WGT does not have any control to vary the meters performance by time, type of game, round or stroke. We cannot target an individual nor a specific stroke.

If the meter is performing better or worse at a particular moment it is probably due to congestion between the server and your machine or the current CPU and RAM utilization on your computer.  We have found that most of the issues have to do with the amount of RAM you have and the CPU performance of your system. Running streaming music/video, itunes, anti virus scans, etc...   will noticeably degrade the performance of the meter.

This being said we are actively investigating ways to improve the meter.

• Raelenerose
    2,966 Posts
    Wed, Jan 7 2015 9:24 PM

i will cop flak for this from this usual morons ..but the meter works exactly how wgt wants it to work ...the more times you hit the ball the sooner you have to buy more balls......weve all played for a while now...since i started playing this game lots of things have changed , my computer is now 100 times better than the 1st 1 i used when i begun playing and my internet is also way better..........but the meter has remained as inconsistant as ever even after applying all the recommended fixes....so i stand firm on the fact that the meter works exactly how wgt wants it to. and its the same story for the vem, it works for whom ever its programmed to , their is the select few who dont get vem or get less of it than others...its a computer program dont forget..and can and is programmed.

Having said that i still play have made some gr8 friends on here and will remain here enjoying the company of friends.so the sooner we all come to terms with the situation the better off we will all be .

As for the morons ..knock yourself out.

for everyone else, keep trying to hit em goodly.

RSS