Forums

Help › Forums

Swing Meter Feedback

Wed, Jan 7 2015 9:24 PM (76 replies)
  • YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:03 PM

SteveOx:
    Im liking the 3Click meter so far..  Makes for a more challenging set up.

After reading your post I decided to try the Legend no wind tournament at RSG with it. Now I know I'm pushing 62 and you can say what you will about old man moments but I swear when I looked at that 3 click meter yesterday it was just like the Links version-round. It's what reminded me of Links.

At the first tee after equipping it I get the 3 click, sure enough, but now it's the same as the original meter with the 3 click function!! What a difference and I definitely change my mind on using it. Even the putting is decent. I managed a 34 in the RSG tourney with 1 bogey (3 putt), 100% fairways (love dat R1), missed 1 green and saved the par but I took 17 friggin putts!. LOL 

On the putting it was rather impromptu guessing using the Putter Pal but I can definitely see where that PP will help converting from avatar moves. It's just going to take some charting. The %s on the PP will really help there because I like to use the longer scales for shorter putts.

Using the Callaway (s) ball the meter is one speed going back-easy to stop where you want-but then it gets quick until it gets near the ding where it slows down slightly. I only had about 6-7 dings on everything all round but almost all the misses were early from that slowdown near the ding. Nothing impossible to figure out.  :-)

• phiber
    2,795 Posts
    Fri, Jun 28 2013 2:29 PM

+1 or more

• budfan4861
    183 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2013 12:17 PM

Have seen several posts suggesting having the original meter as the putting meter & the 3-click for everything else. That, in my opinion, is the best way to go.

• Stryder1261
    931 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2013 1:35 PM

I prefer the Original myself !

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2013 5:52 PM

I think it is necessary to consider the human beings physical construction. Our field of vision is basically the same shape as an eye. Meaning that a vertical meter is harder for us to follow, specially on a big screen. We have to move our head. Also, our brain is more "prepared" to sense movements in the horizontal plane.

So the vertical meter is not suitable. It feels extremely uncomfortable and I genuinely hated it.

The three click... well, I like the idea that it is not so easy to set exactly 82% for 68 yds, so why not. Still, again, IMO it has the same problem as the original meter (of course) that it has no "feel" in it. No rhythm.

I think the meter should be round. Like a pendulum, maybe not full circle, but in that direction. Like a golf clubs motion. Something  that you could focus on without moving your eyes.

Oh, and it should go slower on the back swing, like a real swing.

• walterjordan
    134 Posts
    Sat, Jun 29 2013 7:30 PM

Did you doubt the old man, pffftt he got this, with your help of course. glad things are well

• YankeeJim
    25,827 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 9:03 AM

Tightrope:
    The three click... well, I like the idea that it is not so easy to set exactly 82% for 68 yds, so why not

I tried the Shot Pal with it and that seems to handle that problem. You just have to add your own values to the hashmarks. I do like the slow speed on the backswing as it makes it fairly easy to hit your mark plus it's easy to let just run through if you miss it.

• efratimike
    808 Posts
    Sun, Jun 30 2013 9:38 AM

In my oponion the 3 click meter is EPIC sensational -i shot my best golf in 5 years- dinging 90% - what a great job wgt
    well done, i feel like a new golfer with confidence-till now i was tortured by missing dings -now the 3 click meter is a velvet king! 

It comes down to results - original never worked properly for me- maybe its my pc-who cares-all i know is i had a stutter meter 80% -for 5 years-and 3 click dings like a golden bell placing  my ball closer to the whole period!

• ScottHope
    10,014 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 10:58 AM

• lonniescott711
    4,181 Posts
    Mon, Jul 1 2013 12:52 PM

The vertical meter would be great , if it were horizontal , like the original meter . If you arent a ding player , then its hard to judge , when playing cross winds , or putting , and playing the breaks . Make it horizontal , and its a keeper . :-)

RSS