Forums

Help › Forums

Swing Meter Feedback

Wed, Jan 7 2015 9:24 PM (76 replies)
  • Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2013 1:09 PM

Both new meters are slowee than the original. Is that deliberate?

Also, when you start a thread like this, WGT, why do just abandon us? Do you want feedback or not? If you do - give us some feedback as well!

• gk21al
    199 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2013 1:28 PM

I like the 3 click swing meter and enjoy the extra challenge that it brings.  I'm glad it is slower than the original meter because the balls I use create a super fast meter.  I find many more dings this way.  Putting is difficult at first but once you get the hang of it it is just fine.  Thanks for the increased options on this one wgt.

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Wed, Jul 10 2013 3:51 PM

why does the vertical meter run so smooth compared to the crap original?

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2013 4:35 AM

gk21al:
    I'm glad it is slower than the original meter because the balls I use create a super fast meter.

We all want slower meters so if the test meters are slower, of course we give them the thumbs up. Many want the vertical meter turned horizontal , me included, but all that is achieved then is different colors and a slower speed. WGT will then see that the ball sales go down and increase the speed again so we go back to buy feel.

I think we need more different types of meters to test. As I said before - human eye and focus does not work well together with a long linear movement like that.

Give us something circular.

And WGT, this is important, get control over the meter speed! I have different meter speeds on different computers and that is pretty bad and opens up for some serious cheating.

• lonniescott711
    4,183 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2013 7:35 AM

When it comes to slow and smooth , the vertical meter , is the best . Now with that being said , it also has its problems . I found that it is not for the player , who plays by feel . Its hard to adjust for proper ball placement , which will increase , ball usage , misshits , lost balls , and balls going out of bounds . For the company , its more ball sales and revenue, but only for a short time . Thus if playing off the ding line is your style of play , then leave this meter alone .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          Also , this meter should be stationary . One location for this meter , just like the original meter .  Some times you have to hunt for the meter . In certain times , the meter will block a players view , and hinder ball placement shots. It also hinders putting , because it makes it hard to play the breaks  properly .                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                              The simple solution for this meter, would be to make it a horizontal meter , like the others . Just change the position, but otherwise leave as is . I like the fact , that it is not visible , until I`m ready to swing . This makes for a better picture , and less of a distraction , when making adjustments , for ball placements , or putting . I hope that WGT will consider making these simple adjustments , as this could be a very good meter for the game.Happy Swinging:-)

• rjteeithi
    674 Posts
    Thu, Jul 11 2013 8:27 AM

yeah, how about laying it on its side, right where the original meter is...I would like to know why the original cant be as smooth?

• IRISHPUNK
    4,019 Posts
    Thu, Aug 1 2013 8:14 PM

The 3 click system has potential.  Keep it, I'd like to work with it.  The putting needs some tweaking though.

• treebeard
    227 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 4:31 AM

Tightrope:

Both new meters are slowee than the original. Is that deliberate?

Also, when you start a thread like this, WGT, why do just abandon us? Do you want feedback or not? If you do - give us some feedback as well!

yes,the new meters seem to be a bit slower but............the vertical one is horrible,can't seem to get that right at all,and the three click is like all other 3clickers,harder to get correct distance.After so long on the original,I'm happy to stick with that......unless you can come up with a "True-swing" meter,similar to that on the now defunct TW online.

• adtjoel
    124 Posts
    Thu, Aug 8 2013 5:22 PM

Hate the vertical one, lost a ball with first shot with it.

Not tried the 3 click one but doesn't sound like it's any better. Had so many meter problems over the last 2 months, lost more than a dozen balls in July but the original meter has been slightly better recently - although still get sticks and jumps.

• Tightrope
    1,072 Posts
    Fri, Aug 9 2013 6:12 AM

adtjoel:
    but the original meter has been slightly better recently - although still get sticks and jumps.

Yes, it still jumps, but I do not get that continuous tremor any more. So a bit better. I guess because the color is now solid.

RSS