Forums

Help › Forums

CC Upgrades & Private Tournament Walkthrough

Mon, Aug 21 2017 3:01 PM (195 replies)
  • ballastrc
    143 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 2:20 PM

Bollox...i think wgt has a fair system...on tier ready-gos..but when i tried to create tier tournaments at my cc ...say tour pro only tournament...i had LEGENDS ,TM,AND MASTER ENTERING....is there a solution????

• aceydeucey
    504 Posts
    Fri, Jun 8 2012 7:02 PM

ballastrc:

Bollox...i think wgt has a fair system...on tier ready-gos..but when i tried to create tier tournaments at my cc ...say tour pro only tournament...i had LEGENDS ,TM,AND MASTER ENTERING....is there a solution????

I have started naming my tier tournaments " For Tour Pro, Pro, & Amateurs ONLY!".

I still get an occasional Master who either cannot read, or just doesn't care.  There really isn't anything you can do about it.  WGT needs to give CC that Tier only option... but they don't want to.

• Miaouu
    109 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2012 5:21 PM

Was great on CC to have the way to make different tournaments for each tiers ( amateur pro, master), a way to make things original in all country clubs !! But maybe for WGT the way is to sell balls !!

• RemBeau
    2,515 Posts
    Wed, Jul 4 2012 10:46 PM

Agree with you Miaouu.  This is a must for CC owners. 

See post:  Members frustrations: Need help from WGT

• GottaBeJoking
    1,462 Posts
    Tue, Jul 24 2012 6:32 AM

AndyAEllis:

I don't really know what all the moaning is about. I create 'tier specific' tournaments at my club (Yorkshire County) and everyone knows and sticks to the rules about playing them (which I police) If a member cheats they get one warning and then they're removed. In that way, players of similar skills levels are able to compete against their peers and win something. 

I have two simple rules; play regularly and play fair. (see my homepage for details) and anyone not sticking with it is removed. And no, I don't have a problem with losing people. I'm at the 250 max membership and have had to create a waiting list - so clearly the message gets round.

andyaellis

Sounds obvious really, applying for membership.

• PATRIOTSPLAYA
    329 Posts
    Fri, Jul 27 2012 7:35 PM

Ownership was transfered, then it was transfered back to me. Now i can't delete forum post's in my country club. Please help, Thanks

BLACK LABEL SOCIETY

PatriotsPlaya

• mmatheus63
    421 Posts
    Tue, Jan 29 2013 5:33 PM

I'm trying to receive transfer ownership.  The owner sent in the proper "paperwork" but I haven't received a confirmation email to accept.  Another WGT member mentioned that I may need to issue a "ticket" to WGT to finalize.   It's been 10 days since the owner initiated transfer. 

Im confused and want help!   

• immpy
    19 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 2:41 AM
    Ax, you have a great CC!! Fanastic....I would like to join sometime (if you need members to fill it), and if you would have me. These are some of the principles I had tried (unsuccessfully) to integrate into a CC I no longer belong to. Many members would promise integrity (and honesty) when it came to playing in tourneys created for certain tiers......and then go right out and enter any and all tourneys regardless of tier restriction.....even got into a heated discussion with one member who claimed that the title which I used ("Calling All Hacks & Amateurs") COULD have meant that THEY (Hacks and Ammies) were welcome, too, in addition to all of the members. See, I sent messages to all the members who were ineligible according to the description, for I was the host of said tourney........MANY don't even take the time to read any info concerning the tourney or its payout. In fairness, a few pulled out, but many more played on....another popular excuse was, "other TPs, Masters, etc. are playing it, why shouldn't I ?". ....oh well, needless to say, I believe a Master ended up winning it, while the club owner did and said NOTHING...I can only hope some of the Hacks and/or Amateurs made a few credits, as I payed out the Top 10. I quit that CC in disgust....almost vowing never to join any CC again.....but yours sounds like a club of honor and integrity.....maybe I will look you up and ask for an invite.....Keep up the good work Ax......... Immpy
  • immpy
    19 Posts
    Tue, Feb 5 2013 2:47 AM
    Sounds like a great club Andy!! Immpy
  • gedi83
    277 Posts
    Thu, Feb 7 2013 8:20 AM

I'm pretty sure this has been asked somewhere, so sorry if already answered...

What happens if in CC credit tourneys there is only 1 person who entered and posted a score? Does s/he automatically lose the 20% rake regardless of the posted score? The issue is that if one enters & plays a tourney first and posts an extremely good score, nobody else may have the guts to enter that tourney... But I think in such a case it would be reasonable to give back at least the full entry fee to that participant.

RSS